Who is /fat/ for?

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Confess

Fuck, disregard. I had a title before but my page refreshed and I got forgot to re-enter it.

Went and had a cup of chili with 10 boneless wings for dinner last night. On the flipside everyone around me got a basket of loaded fries wings and a giant cookie sheet with ice cream on it.

I am also happy with where I am right now and not feeling super guilty, still making progress just dont have a super strict diet. I eat healthy 90% of the time and have been steady losing weight/ lifts slowly going up.

I can eat whatever I want and never really gain weight. Checkmate fatties

N-No U

Had three 18g snickers bars. Still under TDEE though.

Hydration is a meme.

We all know water is healthy, but drinking it blindly will fuck up scale gains as well as mirror gains. I don't correlate my water intake with my weight. I won't even drink 8 glasses a day. I drink water when...

>eating fresh food and protein since it shouldn't absorb water; absolutely no water if for any reason I have absorbent carbs but that's almost never
>right before my workouts
>no later than 6 or 7 pm

I lost nearly 9 lbs in 4 days because of insane water retention. I couldn't be happier with my scale and mirror gains this morning. I'm never going back.

tfw finally hit 80kg lads

I barely ate anything today, and also went hard in the gym, in preparation for a kind of culinary tour tonight(5 small dishes at any of 130 restaurants).

I met a friend for the event who I hadn't seen in a while, and her first comment was how much smaller I was.

Later on I had the best tiramisu of my life.

I didn't even go over TDEE.

You sound like a crazy person.

Fucking nice dude. I'm right behind you, weighed in at 80.9kg today.

Last night
>walked 5 miles
>had an extra cup of food with dinner
Today
>230.2
>Last week was 234.8

We're all gonna make it!

>tfw hit 82.64kg today

keto keto keto keto keto keto my whole life is keto

I'm genuinely confused here. I was plateuing around 99kg and just kinda lost control for three weeks, lots of binging and barely anything good. When I got onto the wagon again earlier this week and weighed myself and somehow weighed 97.5. How the fuck is this possible?

Useless op no title, no link to old thread 2/10
>

Yeah, ik, make a new thread fag

>get ill
>suddenly crave 5000+ calories a day even though my throat and my head feels like it's on fire

hey bois aus fag here, who put the grog on the dog on the log at the bottom of the sea mate?

Gone from 94kg down to 78kg at the moment what do you think?

>managed to go from 118.2 to 110.0 in a month

Almost the best feel I had since childhood.
"Only" 30kg more to go.

That's not normal. People usually lack appetite when sick in ordee for the body to focus on repairing itself which is compromised by digestion.

-25lbs since the last time I was here.
We're gonna make it.

How tall are you?

Sorry if it's bad news but you might have lost the easy water weight.

I used to over eat until I got anxiety really bad from a girl and didn't eat for a week now my stomach isn't stretched I feel fuller easier.

I'd try grilled chicken with a ton of chopped tommatoes, grated carrots onion and lettuce in a roll.

Just try DIY subway I suppose, hork it down if you don't like the taste, the goal is to fill your stomach.

Hey /fat/.
This is my current progress, pic related.
After looking a bit into losing weight, gaining muscles it looks inevitable that I will have a very bad case of loose skins. Did any of deal with that? How did you get through it without paying for surgery?

This fact alone has depressed me so much but I've still kept at it. Even started gym recently which has kicked my ass.

And remember, we are all gona make it bois

The month is october you dummy

kek, i am retarded

I ate 1500 calories (-2 pounds per week) all week except for 1 day. That day I woke up sick and probably binged about 5k calories. But I also do physical labor 15 hours a week and walk a lot in my spare time. I weighed myself this morning for the week as usual and I literally lost nothing. One bad day 2500 calories over my tdee and I lose nothing? What the fuck guys. I'm pretty angry at myself right now.

I know there's probably no way to say for sure, but how many pounds would you think you need to lose to drop a t-shirt size?

There is absolutely no way to say for sure, since everyone loses fat differently. I dropped comfortably from XXL to XL in roughly 50lbs, though. I probably could've fit it earlier, but I'm not sure exactly when.

Day 20 of water fast

2nd day of week, had to use toilet quite a bit since had a bit of constipation, otherwise no real issues

Starting Weight - 262
Current Weight - 224
goal - 175lb
Goal weight - 175

Exercise - 1.5-2 mile cardio / 4-5kg free weights with a lot of reps until i basically tire out

Vitamins/Supplements - B complex, multivitamins, biotin, electrolyte pills x2 (sodium/potassium/calcium/magnesium), vitamin d, fish oil (once a week)

>I don't mean to trigger butthurt people with these posts, i post here because some prople asked me too and i do it as a form of motivation to keep me going; feel free to hide the post.

is it worth it to get a bike?

I'm just exercising at home and plan to start gym next month when I'm less ashamed of my fat. But I'm not sure if the bicycle is worth it, I dont even know how to calculate the kcals burnt when riding.

I blame this Wendy wojak for going to Wendy's yesterday and getting a frosty and chicken sandwich when I haven't gone in 5 years.
It was only about 1080 calories, so it wasn't like it ruined my life or anything though.
The frosty wasn't anywhere near as good as I remember them being, but I threw a crapload of baby spinach on the sandwich when I got home and it was fucking delicious.

eventually these posts will stop, either because you died or because you failed and binged it all back within a month.

Why did nobody tell me how little calories meat has, 100 calories in 100g of Pastrami with 20g protein?
That's fucking insane

>user discovers that eating meat is good for you

>dont have to work til Monday morning
>woke up early and started my day
>getting a ton of stuff done from my to-do list
>enjoying black coffee right now, bout to go on my hour long walk in a bit

Life is good, bros.

how cddan i satisfy myself only eating 1000 cals my maintance is 1500 (5'2 manlet) or should i just eat 1500 and do cardio? and can you recommend me cardio time?

keep postin. I'm interested in how long you can last and the results.
for those who think water fasting is crazy watch the jew tube vid with
Dr Rhonda Patrick and Ray cronise
Namaste my niggas

Fruits and veggies, eat one warm 500kcal meal a day.

I'm 5'5 and eat 1200kcal.

I did make a crash diet for 5 month. Lost more than 30kg in that period.

Now I am in maintain/ slow weight loss mode. I reckon I could lose an additional 10 kg.

>being midget sized

I feel terrible for you. I mean, I'm 5'7, but damn dude.

Eat about 1250 and do 30 mins of daily cardio.

Don't exercise to burn calories user, do it to get fit.

Bike is great for general fitness and staying active but you will have to bike real quick or real long to burn a decent amount.

thanks man
i tried to kill myself but i was so afraid so i decided to be best of myself but still skinnyfat
i hope i be skeletor so i can bulk after all those years of cutting

Isnt burning kcals to way to get fit...? The thought of getting the fucking bike was to get fit BY burning more kcals.

Smoking is a way to burn calories

40 pounds in a month is 140,000 excess calories bro, you would literally need to shovel piles of food into your mouth every day lol.

Crap man I’ve fucked my shit up completely this week

How so? Restart today, don't let it ruin your future success.

Exercising purely for calorie burn is not so healthy. It is high intensity and long duration.

You either want high intensity and short like sprints

or low intensity and long like hiking or swimming.

That is if you want to run with your grandkids or lift 100kg at 60. Far too many people just trade one mental illness for another and try to work out their pain between shoulder surgeries.

>5'10
>be 323 pounds back on monday
>be 315 pounds today

water weight is fucking krazy, my deficit was pretty minor this week

went to horror nights yesterday. got a small pizza from a store there and then half slamwich from Denny's. went over my limit by 200.

If you feel sore in a certain area (I.e., bicep, legs, ass) after working out the next day is that a good sign that your routine's working? I'm pretty skinnyfat.

Haven't drank in over a month. Just finished a glass of Gentleman Jack's on the rocks. Going to get another when I finish this post and then read the thread. At least I'm not adding any sugar.

>you would literally need to shovel piles of food into your mouth every day

Which is probably what you did before you started? Fun fact: you can gain up to 50 pounds in a single month

Why are you acting like it's going to be to difficult to regain weight after you stop? It'll be extremely easy to regain especially considering you have no concept of healthy eating habits, and you have no practice consciously making decisions to eat smaller amounts of food and to eat healthier. And the fact you think it will be hard to regain afterwards only makes your case less hopeful of success.

Under 200lbs, hory shet I'm gonna make it

sounds like fatty logic desu, i've already planned out my refeeding phase to prevent rebounding.

one of the points was to reset my cravings/taste buds so i dont resort to gobbling down shit on cheat days like most of the people here.

You say it like doing a low kcal diet is much superior, but you STILL expose yourself to that sugary/fatty foods on cheat days.

Either way, both diets require a great deal of self control and will power, its not like that disappears after you finish a fast.

I'm not saying i wont regain some weight after refeeding, Im saying you can still exercise self control after finishing a fast.

Trust me, getting over cravings in the first week of the fast took some serious will power, almost broke the fast.

Why do you act like its so hard to adapt to a new diet?

>i've already planned out my refeeding phase to prevent rebounding.

"no but you don't get it, i'm just going to not eat"

Yeah I've heard that a million times. My favorite version is when skinny people who don't have much of an appetite but still eat like shit say that they would never let themselves get fat, and then five years down the road they end up putting on 30-40 pounds. It's just like saying, "I'm going to get my work done, I just don't feel like starting just yet."

It's not a matter of willpower, you're going to be unimaginably hungry because of your brain producing an ungodly amount of signals to get you binge like a madman, and that feeling will last for weeks. I don't know why you think willpower will hold up against that, especially because you have no practice testing your will against overeating--you've simply avoided the decision altogether.

congrats buddeh

keep going

is anyone else deathly afraid of slipping back into old habbits?

Had to return home for the weekend (roughly 4 hours away from where I live now) and while I was here I ate pretty indiscriminately. In-and-of-itself this is fine, I had a very productive few months with no cheating.

However, cheating THIS much makes me afraid of how easy it'll be to slip back into old habits if I'm not careful. AS I get closer to my goal, this feeling intensifies. Anyone else feel the same?

>reset my cravings/taste buds
Reset your cravings? What the fuck is that supposed to mean? You think you're not going to crave anything after starving yourself nearly to death? Absolutely delusional.

>You say it like doing a low kcal diet is much superior, but you STILL expose yourself to that sugary/fatty foods on cheat days
First of all, you're not supposed to ever have cheat days, just TDEE days. Secondly, there's nothing wrong with having some sugary or fatty foods, as long as you can keep it under control and tightly monitored. It actually helps to expose yourself to some bad foods if only to train yourself to control your intake and your cravings.

>both diets require a great deal of self control and will power
What's easier, overcoming an addiction when you can simply cut it out from you and never look at it again, or overcoming an addiction when you have to confront it and have some of it everyday?

>Why do you act like its so hard to adapt to a new diet?
Because it is. Our brain chemistry actively pushes us to eat as much as possible when we can. Overcoming that isn't a matter of willpower you can pull out of your ass at a minute's notice. Overcoming it is a matter of slowly building up good habits and reinforcing your positive/negative feedback systems that eating a different way makes you feel much better, and that takes time. You don't just start eating properly out the blue.

again, this is just opinion, you offer no evidence to suggest that you're going to binge after breaking a fast.

You're just saying what you think will happen, it's still dependent on a persons self control; most reasons why people rebound is because they follow the same eating habits pre-fast.

keep going, you'll look good when that bottom fat disappears

I hope you're really short, because if that's how you look at 170, then I can't imagine how little muscle mass you must have.

Yeah don't do cheat days like that, it's about long term deficit. You can eat so much in one day that you fuck up the whole week.

Hey, fatties. Just posted this in another thread but maybe you can help me. What to do if eating is the only thing that brings joy in your life, together with masturbating? My life is full os stress and anxiety, i don't know how can i start a diet on this.

>Reset your cravings? What the fuck is that supposed to mean? You think you're not going to crave anything after starving yourself nearly to death? Absolutely delusional.

Food tastes much better after a fast, as well as non-exposure to sugary/fatty foods alters your brain chemistry as well as said serotonin response to eating these foods? did you even research fasting?

>First of all, you're not supposed to ever have cheat days, just TDEE days. Secondly, there's nothing wrong with having some sugary or fatty foods, as long as you can keep it under control and tightly monitored. It actually helps to expose yourself to some bad foods if only to train yourself to control your intake and your cravings.

Again, this is an issue of self control, and the whole point of following a different lifestyle/diet is to rid yourself of cravings, if you eat sugar sparingly, you're just covering up a bad habit you shouldn't have in the first place.

>What's easier, overcoming an addiction when you can simply cut it out from you and never look at it again, or overcoming an addiction when you have to confront it and have some of it everyday?

This is debatable, arguably on a keto diet/low kcal that keeps you satiated, you will not encounter much hormonal issues e.g. ghrelin

The same can be said in fasting, your body has a reduction in its response to ghrelin.

>What's easier, overcoming an addiction when you can simply cut it out from you and never look at it again, or overcoming an addiction when you have to confront it and have some of it everyday?

You're not exactly overcoming an addiction if you still expose yourself to it, its like taking nicotine patches after quitting smoking, by having sugar, you're developing sugar cravings (shown to exist), creating a vicious circle that you will eventually give in and binge (on a sad/depressing day)

You have to believe that getting fit will bring you more happiness than being able to eat like shit whenever you want.

Weight loss is associated with a myriad of psychological benefits, so it's more or less a guarantee that you'll feel a lot better than you do now.

cont since post was too long

>both diets require a great deal of self control and will power
What's easier, overcoming an addiction when you can simply cut it out from you and never look at it again, or overcoming an addiction when you have to confront it and have some of it everyday?

Your intestinal bacteria can make you crave fatty/sugary fasts, if you expose them to said foods, this will only amplify, increasing the chance of relapsing.

>Why do you act like its so hard to adapt to a new diet?
Because it is. Our brain chemistry actively pushes us to eat as much as possible when we can. Overcoming that isn't a matter of willpower you can pull out of your ass at a minute's notice. Overcoming it is a matter of slowly building up good habits and reinforcing your positive/negative feedback systems that eating a different way makes you feel much better, and that takes time. You don't just start eating properly out the blue.

You're referring to how your brain releases serotonin when you treat yourself to a meal?

Guess what, a long period of non-exposure can alter serotonin levels and your brain chemistry so that smaller binges/rewards can generate the same exact endorphin release.

im off to week but will reply later if you do again with some studies.

>non-exposure to sugary/fatty foods alters your brain chemistry as well as said serotonin response
You cannot get rid of sugar cravings, that is biologically impossible.

>to rid yourself of cravings
Oh I see, you genuinely believe you won't have cravings after starving yourself nearly to death. Well you're wrong, and the only way to deal with cravings is to deal with them everyday until they're no longer more powerful than you. You can't just attain willpower of out thin air and choose not to eat like shit, especially after starvation. It takes time to build healthy eating habits even at a low calorie diet, what makes you think you'll magically just eat right after starving yourself? It's not a matter or simply choosing to eat right, it's a matter of building habits over time.

>You're not exactly overcoming an addiction if you still expose yourself to it
You have to eat to survive you massive retard.

>chipotle burrito has over 1500 cals

>but will reply later if you do again with some studies.

I don't need to provide you with studies showing why long-term fasting doesn't work, you need to provide me with studies showing why it does work. The burden of proof does not fall on me, it falls on you.

More so, quit acting like reading through your posts and replying to them is anything but a chore. I'd a million times rather not reply to this but if no one does then other people will get tempted with weight loss shortcuts that don't work.

Try TDEE days, never have cheat days.

TDEE days are completely harmless. You don't gain any weight from them and they help increase your metabolism.

i used to buy these rotisserie chickens from my local grocery store because I thought that they were only 600 calories or so (based on what I saw in some myfitnesspal entry). well, a few weeks later i figured out that 600 calorie entry was for HALF of the rotisserie chicken. then I also discovered that the entry was for a rotisserie chicken without the skin.

the true caloric value of what i've been eating? it's around 1700 calories. FML

>training for 2 months
>seeing change in my body
>XL shirts are now too big and baggy
>shorts that used to be tight now need a belt
>no longer craving fast food or junk anymore
>proud of my accomplishments

>nobody notices and family treats me like shit for not making a 6 figure salary

so how is everyone today

horny, but too fat for anyone to love me

>not earning 6 figures
Still in college?

Probably should find meaning in life first, and then use that as motivation to get fit

this is my stomach in push up position. i still have quite the fat to lose. is there a chance this will go away?

This past week my circumstances were prett dangerous in terms of my diet, but I managed it reasonably well.
I’ve accepted that I will eat the same breakfast and lunch (with some variation but same calories) every day for the rest of my life.

This gives me a great feeling of security. I know how much I can have for dinner and it sets up a situation where I don’t have to count and easure everything once I’m done cutting.

I’m also blessed with the absence of a sweet tooth, so I don’t have issues with soda and snacking.

I'm really confused by what I'm looking at

dude. it's like a labia hanging down

get more ripped faggot

I'm going on a run. Right now. My goal is to run for 30 minutes at least.

my vagina

you mean lose more weight?

easy to portion and work around for the day

forkdown tubber

I can still find enough joy in my 1600 daily calories and on top of that there is some joy in losing weight and looking good or just less bad.

that is why you should count weekly totals. if i go -500 for 4 days and binge +2000cal extra on the 5th you make litterally 0 progress

Have you worked your way up to it?

I'd suggest meditation
it lowwers stress

well at least you're an innie not a rostie

No this is my first time.
I just got back. 22 minutes. I'm pretty sure most people could have walked faster than I ran though

nice vagina.
try a water fast the atophagy effects tighten up bellies. water fasts are the only way other than surgeries to rid yourself of belly vagina.

wow I wish my vagina looked so good.

>day 412: still hovering around 22%bf

I was gonna say, I'm halfway through couch to 5k and wouldnt be able to do that yet. I'd recommend having a look at it if you haven't

Down 3 more lbs this week. Wondering when the fuck belly fat is start going to be burnt off.

For a full week, I ate between 4-8 thousand calories a day.

I've gained least 5-8 pounds. God please kill me

center of mass(belly) loses fat slowly and is often the last place to lose significant amounts of fat. I went down 6 or 7 pant sizes before i went down 1 shirt size...

>eat a lot of carbs for a week
>two days with very low carb
>have to constantly pee towards the evening of the second day

Is this connected or a coincidence?
I hope it’s connected since I didn’t lose any weight at all despite still being at a deficit during the carb-heavy week.

h-help me

This week was the first time I went over TDEE. We have this festival call the Circleville Pumpkin Show and I over ate like crazy. Was still only 200-300 over TDEE

Might look into that. I felt like death the whole time