State of Youtube Fitness

Can we agree that the YouTube fitness community is shit? Honestly I know its always been a shit show but I don't think its ever been this bad. Before its always been cringy between the manlets and tattooed freaks shilling supplements and programs but now its just BORING. The current lineup isn't entertaining and unless there is a major beef going on there is no reason to watch any of them. None of the current personalities are likeable or make entertaining or useful videos. I use to get exited to laugh or get good fitness advice now I just don't care. Does anyone else feel this way?

I don't like the fitness industry or youtube "celebrities" in general so i guess i feel the same, except I've never found it entertaining.

It's been dead (not shit, dead) for the past 4 years.

I agree. If I see another Full Day of eating videos I'm gonna lose it.

>none of the current personalities are likeable or make entertaining or useful videos
I'd say Dom makes some pretty funny videos

>Lean Bulk Grocery Haul

What do you mean YouTube fitness is dying? This man right here still regularly makes three 10:01 videos a day, and he's continuing to get stronger and leaner each time.

KYS

>Generic eating challenge video

>New Season Gymshark Apparel!

>Generic X-Youtuber isn't Vegan and why they should be killed video

Brandon Campbell is pretty decent. All he really posts now is training footage though. Used to have an okay mix of content.

Never heard of him desu

Can we agree that the/fitness community on Veeky Forums is a disgusting shitshow.
It used to be a helpful channel with people who wanted to give generally good,honest advice.
Then shitstains like you and your autistic,insecure,delusional ilk came here.
This place is toxic and if I had the chance I would erase every fucking one of you off the planet.
You are what's wrong here, not YouTube or any other site. It's you that's the problem. Kys now you disgusting piece of shit.

cheer up

Nope.

Drop dead faggot

awww

Are you gonna even refute what I said?

Other than having zero personality, zero entertainment factor, and zero quality video production, every single non frauding YTer fell for the "lmao strenf training!" meme and say the same thing... always talking about muh sqwatz n deathlids.

And then they still look like complete shit. Look at fucking Omar Isuf. Benches 300+lbs for a few reps and still looks dyel as fuck, and literally looks like a 14 year old kid barely hitting puberty with a shirt on.

Literally the only hope was Through The Twisting Nether but he's legitimately retarded and/or schizo so it makes it super hard to actually find the gems and nuggets he knows about.

It's mostly because youtube no longer pays people anymore.
The entire fitness portion of youtube gets NOTHING becuase they are litterally trying to kill most fitness guys.

The only people surviving now are guys like dom athlenex etc etc.
Guys who can pump out entertaining and informative shit, the occasionaly bit of beef and rumor stuff and the occasional fap/shlick bait released by women and men respectively for everyone.

Everyone else is still circling the drain with long dead aesthetics trash and the starting strength meme and dying left and right because youtube and someone else...is trying to kill the fitness thing online now.

Most people want to get in shape to look good. Most people don't care about being strong especially when it makes them look worse than when they started

Pretty much my point. Yet there's no channels on using massive amounts of volume and brief stints of volume overtraining - like daily feeder sets. None of them know what the hell they're talking about and just parrot each other.

it's all Instagram fitness guys who are trying to sell you something
we need someone who just lifts and does funny stuff or something

why your not wrong.

Ill ignore the fact that most YTers training advice is trash but where the autism really shines it the "diet" advice or lack there of. All of the fitness channels are either doing eating challenges or meme diets

Yes, which is why the lies shat out by that entire chunk of the fitness and youtube community.
The ones that said squat to build bigger arms, don't do "accessory lifts" because the big lifts will work everything from your arms to your core, cardio will kill gains, and to get fat as holy hell and it will automagically turn to muscle or that lifting to look good for women makes you a pussy and a faggot.

Then there's the trail of injured, snapped up, T-Rex, retards who've just completely given up on any and all forms of fitness becuase they honestly don't know any fucking better and have just been completely soured on getting in shape completely.

The fucking imbeciles who shilled that shit are hoping to pull in a fresh crop of ignorant fucking naifes who'll fall for their retarded bullshit.
But they're now a big joke and everyone hates on them. No one is going to buy that and they've managed to set back "strength training" further then it was before.

Instagram is for attention whores. I don't need to see pictures of somebody whos in shape that doesn't help anyone. Its bad enough with whores posting booty shots every 5 min

Great points. Not to mention cardio to "strength athletes" is non existent

nick kiger shill here. his channels pretty good

never heard of him. Sell it to me.

just him (natty) and a bunch of roided black dudes talking shit and lifting big weights
comments on his vids are usually pretty good too
its called kigerstrength or kigerfitness i think

So who is good? Surely not every single youtuber is shit

The real problem is that there's really not much else that people know that other's haven't said a million times already, that's why Omar Isuf has been posting the same 5 videos for the last 3 years straight.

If you really look at it the only people that everyone has gravitated towards (at least on this board are Eric, AlphaDestiny (at least at first) and very briefly Through the Twisting Nether because they were talking about shit no one else was really talking about before (at least not in the mainstream).

People are just running out of ideas honestly, but all the really big youtubers depend on this for income so they're basically stuck.

That's the catch 22 of fitness videos. You can only talk about how to do an exercise or how to cook a prep meal so many times. That's why the roster of you tubers changes every few years some new guy whos interesting takes over until he's dethroned by the next guy.

how many videos can you make on fitness?

"Lift shit"
"Eat right"
"Stay motivated"
What else do you want? What else needs to be covered? They already deadlift in costumes for Pete's sake!

I would say Scooby1961 just because hes been around so long and actually has good content. I don't agree with eveything he says but hes good

A likeable and interesting host would be nice. Its not that the information or content isn't out there its that theres nobody genuine

Basics of fitness
Basics of exercises
Advanced exercises
Esoteric exercises
Dieting advice
Doing stuff with your newfound fitness
Here's something that no one talks about much
Maintenance, how to maintain it.

Made*

>maintenance
Fuck maintaining, you should always be striving for progress.

Unless you mean being able to maintain the lifestyle

>Fuck maintaining, you should always be striving for progress.

That's not fitness, that's just masturbating in the gym.

Naturals will hit a wall where they can't progress for whatever reason and they will have nowhere to go.

Then they'll listen to people like you and retarded gearheads who'll just tell them YOU CAN PROGRESS/GROW INFINITELY BRO!!
And other such ridiculous nonsense and they'll ego lift themselves into snap city or just hit the wall harder then fuck and quit.

Maintaining what they have and learning how to apply it in the real world in a way that is fun and active is the only way to go for them.
Not just dicking around in the gym and pretending that there's this infinite level of instant growth potential and 100% recovery for lifters.
The real major growth grinds from a full blast to a tiny trickle and once you hit real natural limits recovery is more important then how much you can lift.

Newbs need to know the real physical and recovery limits of naturals.
Because most of the "fitness guru's" are so removed from natural...and haven't been natural long enough to even know what kind of struggle it is and, they just simply do not fucking understand.

And the people who claim to but still pushes people into positions where they'll get injured trying to get big lifts or whatever nonsense are fucking lunatics.

You think it’s bad now? You remember once upon a time Mike “towel row” Chang had one of the most subscribed to channel named six pack shortcuts which basically became the bedrock for all the broscience and momscience you see today

Brad castleberry is the end result of youtube fitness

A bunch of roided faggots screaming and,lifting stuff while selling supplement s/merchandise.
Atleast dingleberry doesnt take himself seriously

Exactly your not allways gonna improve what you should strive to do is figure out what kind of training/diet you need to keep what you've built. If done properly you wont look like like shit when your in your 40's and 50's meanwhile everyone else in your age group will look like shit.

He bought subscribers and spammed ads. Thank god hes gone.

eh he's not really respected and nobody cares about him on youtube aside from trolling. Hes more of a Instagram thing.

True but I can tell who really is a shit show of a channel if they even mention brad. He basically relies on others calling him out and if they're,to stupid to realize it I refuse to watch them

exactly hes a not worth speaking of. mark pocketliner is obsessed with him

There's a lot more to fitness than just lifting. I watch a lot of scientists, doctors, and nutritionist interviews that are thought provoking. But 99% of people into fitness cant really fathom that kind of shit, especially you weebooboos here on Veeky Forums.

Those esoteric topic channels will never be big anyway,

I cant stand him and he looks horrible. Its great he managed,to some make a successful business with those terrible genetics

First of all you're projecting a lot of shit on me that I didn't say.

Second, progress doesn't mean constantly getting bigger or stronger, progress means get closer to reaching your goal, but if your goal changes once you reach the one you attained before it then you still have progress to make don't you? Idk about you but I like to try new things, I might try out getting decent at olympic weightlifting, or strongman stuff, or the powerliifts. Maybe I'll take up recreational cardio like biking and say fuck the gym all together.

If anything working out just to maintain is mental masturbation, you gain nothing from it.

>Before its always been cringy between the manlets and tattooed freaks shilling supplements and programs but now its just BORING

WELL SAID OP, holy shit. Sometimes someone states a fact that you had no idea you even agreed with

Can you recommend some good nutritionists? I know all the basic shit but I'd like to learn some more in depth stuff.

At no point did you say anything like that bro.
You're backpeddling.

Constant fast noticeable progression down a linear path is something that doesn't fucking exist in reality.
It hits a wall. Hard

Your entire backpeddled depends on people deciding to change their goal for whatever reason to something else once they hit the wall.

Problem with what you're saying? Most of those naive fuckers won't even know they've hit the wall and will hurt themselves trying ot overcome it or become frustrated and give up.

That's my point.

I didn't backpedal at all you assumed what I meant when I said you should always be striving for progress and you were wrong so I elaborated.

I agree with what you're saying, it's not complicated. I just believe that staying stagnant is not only boring but pointless.

MASSTHETICS

Also you don't need to hit the wall to change your goal, if you are going for a 365 bench but afterwards you want to take a break from bench and get your OHP up for example and you hit 365, even if you know you could maybe get to 375 or whatever, you can still switch your focus to OHP.

Setting a new goal is not the same as giving up.

I’m pretty new to fitness, but I’ve been watching this guy named rich piana and he seems pretty good. He obviously roids but he gives solid advice as well. The only thing is he hasn’t posted a new video in a couple months and I’m worried he quit making videos or something. Does anyone know what’s going on with him?

DELET

Old shit was good but they've gone full maxx chewning/Christian Guzman
Candito is the best nigga left

They are all shilling for something. It's the way Internet celebrity works. Shill, shill, shill, earn, earn, earn.

Can we all agree that meta threads are worse than bait threads? Bait threads can be funny but meta threads - especially since you're complaining of a place outside of Veeky Forums for which you have zero control over - do nothing.

Ever figure because that's what a natural lifter of average genetic stock looks like if they're not a twink shit? He's an entertainer first and athlete second. Being a first rate entertainer and athlete is extremely fucking rare.

This guy is the worst thing to ever happen to veganism

You could start a channel Ise. Turning into Pepe during a lift is all the entertainment value Ill ever need.

Wrote the PHUL program, nice dude

So I'm not allowed to bitch about how bad something is unless I change it? okay lol

True but it doesn't change the fact that when somebody looks up a fitness channel they want good advice to lose weight or build muscle. Being bombarded with meme workouts and supplement snake oil is just distracting from the main goal.

Rip continues to provide great content by sharing the "ask Rip" portion of the Starting Strength seminar. He also has guests and recently did an assistance exercise series (he even covered barbell rows for the first time on the channel).

Thomas Deleur at SixPackAbs is only one worth watching

hello 2013

>bigger than 99% of fit

Jeff nippard is pretty good

It died with Rich :(

I love Dom

>Omar Isuf.
yeah, he looks asian masculinity tier and his hair and gesturing makes him look autistic. He also carries fat around his hips and on his face. He unironically looked better before he started lifting and played soccer. Alphadestiny should also cut his fat down and drop bf and he'd look better.

It's mostly shit but cmon it's to entertain school kids mostly.

Look to the good ones. Subscribe to Eric Bugenhagen, Klokov, Frank Yang, Delray misfits etc and ignore the rest.

Dom is an annoying faggot.
>But he's just a character.
I know it's just a character, but it's still trash that appeals to mouthbreathing retards.

>I'm too dumb for text so I need to watch videos
I've never understood people like you. Everything from fiction to reviews to instructions to *whatever* is so much better in text form.

Videos are garbage, youtube is garbage, and you're garbage for feeding the jews.

Why do you even need fitness Youtubers? Once you find the excercises you like and a routine, what more information do you need?

He has ran out of ideas but at least understands and admits that.

Some of the podcasts can be great. Verbally, usually people reveal more because going on a 30 second tangent with visual aid might take 30 minutes to type cohesively. Obviously form demonstrations are only valuable with a visual aid too.

That being said, anything about nutrition, theory etc is 90% reading.

Vegan Youtube fitness is where its at

Cassady Campbell (Train to Look Good Naked)

Is funny as fuck

I actually prefer text because I can't stand YT fitness videos. They're all down by meathead retards trying to hard to be a "personality".

>becuase they are litterally trying to kill most fitness guys

why? any source for this?

I think it's funny how there is this template for fitness youtube channels, they are all pretty much the same.
Also I noticed that some guys like Michael Kory have pretty much stopped making videos ever since that demonetization has been going on.

>It's mostly because youtube no longer pays people anymore.
>The entire fitness portion of youtube gets NOTHING becuase they are litterally trying to kill most fitness guys.

If they're relying on Youtube for their sole income then they're retarded anyway. It's not even a real job, you don't have a boss and there's no structure so you can get fucked in the ass and they don't have to explain shit to you.

I bought Omar's pre workout

I don't do lifts similar to them, but they have good content.
They were both elite level athletes in a particular domain and their methodologies were similar to mine. I'm following them to compare experience.

>Dairyland Strength
>Eric Bugenhagen

Fit people don't buy junkfood or sit on their ass and ved. They go out and do stuff that doesn't depend on buying anything except supps and the occasional ass full of gear.

Oh and sponsers don't want to be associated with mouthbreathing faggots like piana, Veggie gainz, and "the golden lion".

You can tell whose trying to help people and whos in it for the money.
>pic related
>"Don't forget to buy my shit"

i like vitruvian physique

Jujimufu

>looks disgusting
>cringingly unfunny
>roiding so hard his dick probably doesn't work

y

that fake natty Jeff nippard makes great videos showing papers and stuff.
BUT JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHY DOES HE GOTTA PUT SCIENCE STUFF IN BETWEEN THOSE FUCKING DAILY VLOGS.
HOLY SHIT I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR GIRLFRIEND, YOUR CAR, YOUR GROCERIES, YOUR FUCKING LIFE IS IRRELEVANT TO ME.

The only people I'll watch are Buges, Delray Misfits, Juji, AthleneX, and Dom.

I'll go to Omar, PoG, Rip just for a tip on something I'm doing.

I can't handle AlphaDestiny's videos. Everything he does, especially when he always has his phone in his hand pisses me off. Bradley Martin videos are annoying and all his advice is only relevant to how much he roids.