At what speed should I """run""" on the treadmill if I'm trying to lose weight?

At what speed should I """run""" on the treadmill if I'm trying to lose weight?

It's more about heartrate. And don't bother if you aren't eating right.

A speed that gets your heart rate over 160 bpm. That goes for any and all exercises. Blood pumping = calories burned or muscle tissue being stressed/worn. Also what said, exercise won't get you anywhere if you still eat the same way. Get more fibre and protein in your diet so you eat less and take meatier shits.

Do blurpies instead fuck running

Treadmills are a complete waste of time. Either run, sprint or do some sort of sport recreationally for your cardio because you certainly aren't getting fitter using a treadmill

user...i believe you can run AND sprint on a treadmill. i know it must be shocking to learn

Everyone in my gym just walk fast on the treadmill. They don't even jog and I have no idea why

Fast enough so that you have to put in effort and not have time to use your phone and shitpost. It's not rocket science. Stop complicating stuffs

I agree; martial arts, dancing, rock climbing, hiking are all preferable to treadmills and you get social gains as well.

start at whatever speed feels moderately challenging. are you a completely untrained couch potato? your running speed will probably be like 5 or 5.5mph. as you get fitter you will get faster.
t. started at 5mph, got up to 7.5mph, and started running outside

You can't lose significant amounts of weight from running.

Your body composition is >90% diet

3-5 mph for flexibility
8-12 mph for cardiovascular capacity
12+ mph for joint strength

I don't run to lose weight, I run for the cardio and muscle benefits but I'll do 35 minutes daily alternating between 2 minutes of 7mph and 1 minute of 4mph

>martial arts
>rock climbing
>dancing

>you certainly aren't getting fitter using a treadmill

this is what clueless, fat retards actually believe.

Im fat. 292. I run at 5.4 for 2 miles in a hoodie. Then i lift for like an hour. Depending on days. I do either bi and tri curls. With overhead chest press. Chest press. Squats. Flys and benching. Am i doing anything wrong. Ive noticed im getting slimmer. But gaining muscles. But i want to cut weight and gain muscle. What am i doing wrong. I dont drink pop anymore. Only eat once a day. Around 1500 cal. Chicken and frozen veggies. I fast twice a week. Advice?

>1500 calories a day
>292 lbs
>I want to gain muscle

yeah uhhhhhhh how much protein are you eating? since you're starving yourself your body may be trying to get it from your reserves

>3-5 mph for flexibility
You wot m8?

So you're implying you can't lose any significant weight from physical activity?
What an idiotic thought. Take any cardio-skipper and make him run at a hard pace for 30min every single day. He's gonna lean the fuck out

do HIIT on a rowing machine

trust me.

idk how your treadmills work but every one I've seen has 6 as the standard 30 minute mile speed, I'd go with that

Dont want to gain. Trying to lose weight. I know im supposed to eat around 1500 cals.
Around 1 chicken breast. Anywhere from .6lbs to 1 lbs.