Describe your relationship with your father, Veeky Forums

Describe your relationship with your father, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uBPQT2Ia8fU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ripperino, never met him

daily texts and once a week dine out

Tried to force me to play sports my whole life which led to my love of lifting. He also never gave me much fatherly advice but he's always been able to provide me with a comfortable life.

Literally who?

We always went to civil war battlefields and to the movies. Still kept a good relationship even after he and my mom divorced. He was a pretty cool dad.

He hates me, i hate him too. Probably because i chose to say with my mother after their divorce. It was a good choice, because my mother's salary is around 200k/year and father is typical NEET.

once every month or 2 I talk to him or maybe see him. Usually its to tell me something stupid like,
its getting cold son have you blown out your sprinkler system yet?
Here let me come by and clean up your yard of all the leaves before it snows.

I love him but usually he is so set in his ways and stubborn, or grumpy as fuck desu.
And I hate how he can actually set a time and date for anything. this weekend he wanted to come by and do some clean up around my yard, which is very thoughtful of him, but I had been working so much that I just wanted a day to sit around, nap, maybe a nice gentle bike ride after all my normal household chores. But instead I had to wait around all day because he would not give me a basic time HE WANTED to do this..

I know I know I sound ungrateful but every single time we interact its like this.

I've never met him becouse he beaten up my mom once and since she isnt stupid, she left. I wasn't even 1 year old. After 7 years my mom has found a decent guy and he tried to replace my dad, but we lacked deep connection. I'm 20 now and still can't call him "dad" easily. My real dad disappeared from the face of this earth, the only thing I know is that he was fat and balding.
>tfw raised by women made me a pussy

I visit my parents once a week and I'll play chess with my dad for hours everytime. He forced me to run, do other sports and did my best in school when I was young and now I'm very thankful that he always was so strict with me. The only downside are our different political views resulting in some useless and worthless debates.

He's an alcoholic and I'm three years sober. I'll never be like him and I don't talk to him at all.

all my dad did for most of my childhood was sit in front of a pc, and now I'm copying him

he was also really socially awkward, not the greatest role model

Have you ever tried reconnecting with you biological dad user?

>I love him but usually he is so set in his ways and stubborn, or grumpy

same senpai.

i appreciate and love my dad but it's almost like we're speaking different languages and living in different worlds. We barely have anything in common and our conversations are just really stiff and not engaging. We both try, and there's no resentment or bad feelings between us, but it usually just seems kind of awkward and forced.

I feel guilty a lot of the time because my mom and I have a much stronger relationship, share a lot more interests, and generally just get along better.

Iktfl brah

Was great

I'll just leave this here

He is rumored to be dead; I personaly believe he is doing coke and fucking hookers somewhere

This

Too fake, so many ways the dad could have contacted him if he really cared.

I've always had a good connection with my dad. He would encourage me to try sports, took me and my brothers to the beach a lot, played with us every time he had the chance. But he was just that, my dad. It wasn't until I moved out last year that I got a deeper connection with him.

>Parents got a divorce 1.5 years ago
>Wasn't a bad break up and they are on good terms with eachother
>Divorce still hit my dad pretty hard because he genuinely cared for my mother
>Fast forward a few months
>Chilling with my dad in his backyard
>Drinking beer in the autumn sun
>We talk about the divorce, me living on my own now, all kinds of stuff
>As we listen to some of his favorite songs he starts reminiscing about the time he was my age (I was 20 then)
>He used to spend his vacations working on a ferry on the North Sea
>Working insane shifts, making tons of money, partying hard with the rest of the crew
>He tells me how he almost never took a break to the point of exhaustion
>Except for when the piano lady was playing "The way we were" by Barbra Streisand in the passenger's dining hall
>She knew he really liked the song and would play it for him whenever he was tasked to clean there
>He puts on the song and we crack open another beer
>He starts off a monologue about the past, how it's gone forever but the memories are worth living for
>Obviously referencing his time with my mother that has now come to an end after more than 25 years of being together
>I can do nothing but silently nod and take another sip of my beer as I watch the tears roll down his cheeks
>Literally the first time I have ever seen my dad cry
>Probably the first time he cried in front of someone else in decades
>I just sit there, not sure if I should comfort him or just be there for him by, well, being there
>The moment passes and he wipes away his tears with a slight smile as he gets up to get us some more beers
I will forever remember this moment lads. Still gives me chills.

Beautiful song btw

youtube.com/watch?v=uBPQT2Ia8fU

Non-existent. Dude fled the country to avoid paying child support when I was 9. Haven't spoken to him in 15 years.

We were best of bros for 15 years until he died. I visit his moseleum sometimes. I channel the sadness and anger into positive energy to better myself

dead when i was 10 because some faggot was drinking and driving :(

fake but holy shit that is depressing

Nice story, user.

I feel like I'm somehow getting closer to my dad after having moved away. He seems to show more often that he cares now that I'm away and tries to do stuff with me whenever I go back home. It's nice. Growing up he wasn't around much, always working, working, working... So I never got to do anything with him; I didn't have much of a father figure growing up. He also was a heavy alcoholic back then so that makes it even worse.

Can't wait to grow up, get my own place and wrench cars with him.

Same

>parents divorced when toddler
>raised by abusive mother and stepfather
>no contact with father in 2 decades
>ashamed to reach out b/c neet autist

>Parents fuck up and have me during one night stand when they're both 18
>Try to stay together
>fail
>I move in with grandparents and mam
>Dad gets caught by police doing something very illegal
>Flees the country and can't return
>During my childhood he sorts himself out
>Gets great paying job, wife , has my half sister
>Divorces wife, Loses job , starts doing drugs again as I hit about 18
>The first time I did cocaine was with my dad
> He tells me he's tried meth (Big deal in europe)
> Offers me some
>Haven't seen him in the 3 years since and our communication has been limited to whatsapp messages
>Thankfully had grandfather in my life as an actual male role model

Vietnam vet never knew him

gave me abandonment issues

Tyrooone begone

He at least had sex and impregnated a woman
>tfw i will never know any of those feels

Was pretty strict on me as a kid, actually wish he was a bit stricter with some things and grateful for how he pushed me to do well in school and all the lessons he taught me. Always encouraged me to do whatever I wanted to do and be who I wanted to be. Spent most of my life trying to make him proud, hopefully I’ve done that. I call him at least once a week while at uni just to talk about anything. I’ll be lucky if I’m half the man my father was.

yeah

>Can't wait to grow up, get my own place and wrench cars with him.
Having a common interest really is the shit user. My dad and I share a passion for the same football club and regularly meet at a pub to watch the game. He is also really into cycling and sends me messages with his recent times or when he beats a pr. I do the same but with running. Feels good. When you're a kid it's just very different because you're not on the same level.

Didn't always understand why he did things the way he did but now that I have a son who is my carbon copy I understand quite well

>was always working when I was growing up
>I saw my uncle as a father more because he was the one who'd always hangout with me and take me to the movies
>my dad cried when I left to basic
>text him 2 times a week
I miss him lads

Iktf but with the added caveat that I'm hopeless with everything /diy/ and feel like a constant dissapointment.

Almost cried you son of a sandnigger
Thank you

We're really alike and that's more or less the reason we're not very close. We both just kind of keep people at a distance. I really wanted to try to pick up golfing so that we'd have something we could do together, but I got a new job, and just got really busy. I'm gonna try to see if there's anything I can do to practice over the winter so that I'm not abysmal when I start in the spring.

Met him twice as a child, he died of alcohol induced Hep when I was 14.

F

Same. Except in the end I made my pops happy by joining the army and being stronk. I'm glad I resisted playing sports because my body isn't all sorts of fucked due to stupid injuries most of the guys I know bitch about.

I train with my dad 4 times a week, wanna be able to lift as much as him one day. Make him proud

You let him bang afterwards?

Don't talk to him or my mom much. When I first moved out of their house I'd visit weekly, but that was back in 2013. Since then they've moved back to dad's hometown. I wasn't willing or able to make that four hour drive more than on holidays. It's only gotten worse now ever since joining the army, when they came out to my AIT graduation dad asked if I'd come visit for Christmas, and I realized that just isn't going to happen. I don't want to use my vacation time or spend money flying or driving to a town at least four hours away from any reasonably sized airport.

I need to call him more.

He's a giant pussy and allowed my mom to both constantly emasculate him and abuse my brother and I. He was always pretty reliable though, can't say he didn't try to make up for it.

Last i saw him was in February and i was for like 2-3 hours. Before that in october 2016 and again for 2 hours. He calls me now and then, but that's it pretty much.

So i guess, not so good.

>My father is a very successful man, local politician, well known and liked in the community.
>I'm his only child, his pride and joy.
>Saw me as much as he could after the divorce.
>When I was young he was able to carry me around like I didn't weigh anything.
>I thought he was the strongest guy around.
>I wasn't like him though. I was always weak and bad at sports.
>Dad always tried to get me to be a more outgoing and athletic person.
>Instead I spent most of my teenage years playing vidya in the basement.
>He still always said he was proud of me.
>When I was about 14 he started to develop a drinking problem.
>By the time I moved away for college his alcoholism was starting to impact his professional life.
>Meanwhile at college I got into fitness
>Went from 5'11" 115lb as a freshman to 5'11" 160lb as a senior.
>Every time I came home he's in worse shape than the last time I saw him.
>He would always remark how happy he was that I was getting Veeky Forums though.
>"T-thanks dad."
>Eventually I graduate and move 5 hours away to start my career.
>Talk on the phone every week or two for 2-3 minutes at a time.
>"I miss ya, bud".
>He sounds worse each time we talk.
>Now his health is deteriorating quickly.
>In spite of this he refuses medical care because he's afraid of being confined to a hospital.
>He finally agrees to go to a doctor, but only if I take him.
>Drive all the way home to find my father collapsed, convulsing, coughing up blood, a shell of a man.
>My training has prepared me for this moment.
>I cradle my father, lift and carry him out of the house. Something I never would have been able to do years ago when I left.
>Probably still the most physically demanding thing I've ever done.
>My father is crying in my arms.
>"I'm not going, I'm not going."
>"I'm getting you help, dad."
>Set him down in the back of my car.
>He goes dark, unresponsive.
>Speed to the hospital, but not fast enough.
>I couldn't get him help in time.

I hope I still made you proud, dad.

My dad is the biggest beta faggot. I'm so glad I let the Internet raise me.

Sorry bro, im sure he was really proud of you

Say hi to him for me

Terrible husband but amazing dad.

Made me the man i am today.

As a 25 year old kissless virgin complete loser, I feel bad for my dad having me as his only child, but at the same time he wasn't that great of a father and I feel like he had a hand in me turning out this way

>selfish, hypocritical and narcissistic
>has extremely short temper and always gets angry at everything and everyone
>seems to hate people, in my entire life i have never seen him do a social activity with other people once, literally once, in 25 years
>spent my entire childhood threatening me and mother with divorce which always made my mother upset and cry but it never happened
>don't remember me or my mother ever liking him, whenever he went on business trips we would be overjoyed because we would get a break from his constant
>would ask him to do things growing up (play sports, ride bikes, etc) and he would tell me to get friends to do it with
>never taught me any life skills

Even now, I live at home due to some other circumstances and even just seeing him upsets me and I rarely speak more than a few words at a time to him because I dislike him so much. But he passed all of his terrible traits down to me.

Pretty sad really.

Never met him, only hear stories through my half-sister.

dead

Barely saw him as a kid, now I live with him

Its fucking weird guys, its like living with a stranger

do we all have daddy issues?

he constantly makes me do shit for him
like just cause i work out now doesn't mean i have to move all of the ACs man
>also he says his shoulder hurts or some shit but just pop a tylonol guy

Was okay ish until he cheated on my mom. Probably won't ever forgive him for that, my mom never did anything to him

>tfw raised by women made me a pussy
too true
It's ok dadless bros. We're all gonna make it

I think I disappoint him almost every day, honestly. He wanted me to be a strongman like him, but I was too fussy with food and got into video games. He seems happier now that I've started lifting. Gave me my morals though. Great man.

Haven't spoken to him in months

Taught me manners and how to be a decent human being, unfortunately didn't teach me shit about money so I have a measly savings at 26.

>As a 25 year old kissless virgin complete loser
>seems to hate people, in my entire life i have never seen him do a social activity with other people once, literally once, in 25 years

you hold his antisocial behavior against him while being antisocial yourself?

this thread is about relationships with our fathers, i figure his complete asocialness and being subjected to his hatred of people had a hand in causing it within myself

I guess he likes that I'm getting Veeky Forums and he certainly enjoys the protein rich meals I cook when I visit. He doesn't want to work out, himself. We do ride and work on motorcycles together. He's got heart problems at 56 already, I doubt he'll live much longer than 65 which is a shame. We get along really well since mom kicked him out.
I see him roughly once a month, more frequently during the summer when there's lots of motorcycle stuff to do. I should really go kayaking with him next summer, he enjoys that at least. Does 1-2 100 km tours per year in about 3 days with one of my uncles.

>Heavy smoker
>Treated my mother like gabrage, refers to her as "the bitch" when me or my siblings weren't around
>Would frequently bring sluts home and would fuck them even if I was only a room away
>fairly ugly, pure white but darker than any mexican/indian i've ever seen, huge nose and poor posture with shit teeth
>Never finished HS
>Divorced my mom when I was 13
>Would party while I was at my mothers house and would always be "at work" while I was at his place
>Lives off of welfare and money from my mom
We don't really talk. He fucked me right up as a kid.

I try to love my dad as best as I can but I can't help feel resentful of the fact that he has a number of practical "man" skills that he never taught me when I was growing up, and that he never actually told me he was proud of me or that he loved me. I never even got a pat on the back when I won gold medals in sports, there was always something to criticize.

On top of that our personalities clash and if he was just some random guy I might hate his guts. Vocal, opinionated, listens to government news like it's gospel, brings up topics at inappropriate times, is obsessed with reggae and carribean "culture" (voted for weed lmao, is 50 y/old).

I still try to get along and hang out with him but a lot of the time it's better for us to keep our distance to avoid arguments.

Died when I was three.

My dad stopped with the every 14 days visits when i was 10 years old. I have went trough psychological hell after wards struggling to find my role as a funktioning human being. I still have a hard time with other people and social situations

I think he's to far gone into his alcoholism to really think about me these days. I love the idea of what he was and could of been (he was a alpha that lost it all. Lawyer with own firm. Big house. Rugby captain for our towns local team. Mum) now I just feel vague concern about the day his liver bursts. He's never told me he's proud of me. But i have a lifelong illness (cystic fibrosis) that kept me from a lot when younger and in a way I think that disappointed him, although he couldn't say that out loud. Sorry dad.

>Loves to talk
>Very intelligent
>Good with people
>extremely knowledgeable about all kinds of labor, plumbing, furnaces, shingling
>Has the biggest hands I've ever seen on a person, his fingers are twice the size of mine
>still lifts regularly despite his age (63)
>Never taught me anything about life
>Cheated on my mom
>I'm 90% sure he had kids with another woman, and they passed them off as her husband's
I don't talk to him much

You really underestimate what a woman is capable of if she hates you.

Contact him
He still loves you
He's probably thinking about you daily

>>I'm 90% sure he had kids with another woman, and they passed them off as her husband's

wow.

>>I'm 90% sure he had kids with another woman, and they passed them off as her husband's
story nigga, how do you know this?

Me too... It wasnt untill I was already in my 20's when I managed to mann up, move out, learned to be assertive, & stopped being a kisless virgin.
I'm close to 40 now, married with kids, but every time I think about my virgin, waisted youth, when girls loose virginity at age 15, I want to die.

I hate my father for leving me when I was a kid.

Dam user. I Hope ur good cause that Sounds like some heavy shit. Dont make the same mistake he did

Dad was a big ladies man back in the day. He’s the kind of guy that isn’t touchy-feely lovey-dovey but he does things for the people he loves to show he loves them. He wasn’t that great at being a Dad because he was afraid of screwing up and because I couldn’t do sports (eye problem) it snowballed. Had 3 sisters so I had no idea how to be a guy.

By 22 I was a fat socially awkward nerd with no friends. When that year I resolved to change things and lost about 40 pounds. After graduating I moved into a house with 4 dudes and learned more about being a man in 6 months than I did in my entire life. Started hitting the gym and got big (before I was just skinnyfat from the weight loss) and started slaying grills.

Now I have a great relationship with Dad. I hang with him once a week and we swap stories of girls we’ve fucked and we do manly shit.

tl;dr: Dad was a good man but a bad father, taught myself how to be a man and now we’re good.

We never really did anything together and he never tried to teach me anything about life. I think he was always passive because his dad was such a dick to him, so he tried to do the opposite and just be there when he is needed, but not forcing his ideals on his children. Or something like that. I wish he would have been a bit more active, but I know there are way worse dads out there and I got a pretty good deal.

We drink some beer and watch movies when I visit my family every second weekend or so. It's easier to talk with him as a grown-up.

I love my father. He's my inspiration. My parents divorced when I was 15. I was split between them.

Mom died when I was 25.

>start getting fit
>lose weight
>dad says he needs to lose weight
>get him a gym membership
>start going over and cooking him nice portion controlled meals
>like I'm SUPER excited he wants to get healthy
>third week of the gym and he's half-assing it again.
>been like this for six sessions
>"eh I'm gonna call it quits sport."
>I lose it
>"FINE. Take my car I'll run home."
>"...whats the matter."
>"Nothing just go"
>"What sport. you can tell me. Yo know I'm here for you."
>I snap
>"That's just it! You've always fucking been there for me! When I was being bullied in school. Whenever I got to super mario 8-1 and couldn't ever do that double jump. When my girlfriend broke up with me you were there. When I wanted to go hunting you taught me. When I introduced you to my husband you called him son. Whenever I needed ANYTHING you were always fucking there!"
>"...you...you say that like it's a bad thing."
>"one of these days you won't be there. And for the first time in my life I'll be alone and that scares the shit out of me. You smoke. You drink. You eat like shit. You're going to die and I don't want to be alone and here you are acting like this shit doesn't matter, like your health doesn't matter to anyone."
>i realize I'm making a scene so I start packing up my shit.
>as I'm leaving I see some guys on their phone
>hear one say "Hey dad."

Stupid fucking ninjas sneaking in and cutting onions in my bedroom.

Gotta go call dad now.

Feels bro, I wanted to for so long but the void I fill with being my own man makes up for it.

How do you do this when all you know is a name?

Do some research, or hire a private detective.

Fake and gay

just described my dad and me to the T

1 1/2 months since last time i spoke with him. sends me a text the other day asking if i had ever seen a dead alligator. i have not seen a dead alligator