SymmetricStrength

This is now a SymmetricStrength thread. Post your stats boys.

symmetricstrength.com/

I really need to start squatting more than once a week

all untrained / novice

I squat 3 times a week and I'm fucking weak.

I bench 35 kg but i do DB bench press with 18 kg. Also I don't deadlift that often because I don't want a trip to snap city

Should be blue man next week.

>green and yellow
intermediate and advanced at the same time
JUST

Would be another story if I didn't herniate L3 not long ago.
I can't imagine squatting past 140kg at the moment, it scares me (more baout going to depth, I get some flexion of lower back, happened before and reinjury occured).
Sumo deadlift is all I can do for deadlift now bar trap deadlift, conventional will screw me up.

I was squatting 260kg and deadlifting 305kg before I screwed up my back, and I'm not even sure why it happened (part time job to support studies - manual labour, reptititve injury to spine - cumulating into full injury on a deadlift?)

Load of shit. My bench hasn't improved in 3 years. I definently can't bench 180kg, I can do 150-155 max, 140 x 8 doesn't translate to 180 lol.

1RMs on symmetric strength are definitely higher than what they really are for most lifts.

>Round calculations to nearest
what did they mean by this

They are pretty accurate, if you put in 1-5 reps. No shit that a weight for 8 reps isn't calculated to an accurate 1rm.

>tfw SS

For example if you put in 92.5kg for bench, it will round up to 93kg.

Really need to squat moar

how is your individual strength measured up against other "similar lifters"

i dead 375 for 2, yet squat 185 for 5, so it says i am stronger than the average lifter at my strength level for the dead, but weaker for squat (also bench 185 for 5)

can someone explain the statistical analysis to this? like does this mean that people that deadlift as much as me are typically squatting more? idk

SS crew checkin in. if i include my pendlay, i get elite for 140kg 1rm, so i removed it. seems inaccurate.

>does this mean that people that deadlift as much as me are typically squatting more?
yes.

symmetric strength is fucking brutal on squat score

fucking OHP man

I actually think that looks wise my shoulders are one of my strengths. The OHP is just so fucking difficult. I do like it though

>looks wise my shoulders are one of my strengths
frame

yeah yeah frame sure but they have decent mass as well. Obviously not 3D bowling balls but in relation to my other musculature

you're also a novice yet. it is too early for your lfits to be balanced with your musculature/physique. you are still in that mostly neural game.

kind of strange that my bench is under and ohp is over. could it be form? or are my pecs just genetically less inclined to develop as fast?

also below it says 90kg bench press is 'intermediate' for a 27y 80kg man, but here it says novice? i get it is borderline, but still, shitty programming.

have i exhausted newbie gains? i havent been lifting with intent or anything, just blindly doing shit

There are particular ratios that symmetric strength uses to determine your symmetry. There is one combination of values that has perfect symmetry for every total score. They compare your lifts to those

i canĀ“t fucking bench for shit.
recently started doing dips in hope of getting my bench up, should you be leaning forward or keep your body straight?

Doesn't matter as much as you think. The general rule is lean forward = chest emphasis, keep straight up = tricep emphasis.

Whichever variation you're doing tho it'll still hit both chest and tris

perpetual t-rex mode as a cyclist

T...thanks nofap

Move on from SS to a routine with more upper body volume if youre stalling on bench

how fat r u

>exceptional glutes

Yeah I kinda figured it'd look like this, Oly lifting for 5 years training specifically for comps.

Shoulder press sucks

Dude you look like a bowl of skittles