It's time we talk about the greatest US President

It's time we talk about the greatest US President

Attached: President_Roosevelt_-_Pach_Bros.tif.jpg (1200x1694, 402K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niggers_in_the_White_House
oasis.lib.harvard.edu/oasis/deliver/~trc00052
elections.harpweek.com/1912/cartoons-1912-list.asp?Year=1912
catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000495155
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thank you for posting him.

picture unrelated, obviously

And what a president he was

Attached: 1470904454675.jpg (600x728, 43K)

that better be intentionally ironic. Roosevelt was a not so closeted homo.

>Roosevelt was a not so closeted homo
You're gonna have to elaborate on that. I've never heard that in my entire life

probably read one of those pop-history losers who labeled him gay because he had close males friends like the kind you make during military service.

Ok Teddy the imperialist was a bad president we all agree. The best president was clearly Barack Obama, who incase you hadn't noticed was the FIRST POC president. He wasn't a straight white male which automatically makes him better. He might have been eclipsed by Hillary Clinton if KKK Nazi drumpf and the Russians hadn't hacked the vote.

a furry bull moose, hemingwayesque, manly man always with men doing manliness, drag show garb for all occasions, face it he was a pillow biter

Woodrow Wilson was our first POC president, actually

>I think, therefore it is.
typical brainletism

HOL UP

YOU SAYIN

WE WUZ PRESIDENT BEFO OBAMA?SHIEETT

Yeah, but just Woodrow Wilson

Attached: when Teddy spots a Spaniard.jpg (1080x1296, 275K)

Your sexual fantasies don't prove Teddy was gay, you enormous queer

Thanks OP great idea, let's talk about this best president.

Attached: 1200px-James_Polk_restored.jpg (1200x1443, 303K)

Attached: goodolddays12w.jpg (1200x1749, 258K)

"The River of Doubt" was a great book. Really enjoyed it

One of my favorite stories about Teddy Roosevelt is his part in the nature writers controversy. At the time there was a lot of arguing back and forth over depictions of anthropomorphic animals in literature and educational materials for younger children. A lot of them presented themselves as fact despite having very clearly crossed the line. A naturalist called John Burroughs eventually got so pissed about it that he wrote a lengthy letter to the editor of the Atlantic Monthly after they published a praise-filled review of a book called "School of the Woods" about animals teaching their young. His essay called the author a fraud, and that he was trying to pass off a sentimental fiction as fact and damaging public perception of actual scientific study.

The author of the book, William Long, was extremely angry about the essay. He wrote a rebuttal where he basically claimed that the study of animal behavior was not scientific in the sense that it could be predicted, and that Burroughs was trying to peg a square block into a round hole and should stick to dissections and the study of anatomy. Burroughs was apoplectic, wrote yet another letter, published in a different journal. Other people jumped into the fight on both sides, and it went on and off until about 1907 when Roosevelt got involved.

He had until then kept his position private, but he was a good friend of Burroughs and even went to tour Yellowstone National Park with him in 1905, but for whatever reason he decided that the time was right to weigh in himself. He lambasted Long for being a "nature faker" and misleading the general public and publicly voiced his agreement with Burroughs in an opinion piece. Long told him that he didn't know anything about animals except about how to shoot at them, but after TR, who was well-respected and mostly believed to know about that sort of thing, weighed in people sort of considered it a settled question. It was basically a turn of the century Twitter feud.

Attached: Columbia2.jpg (1140x1497, 384K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: andrew_jackson.jpg (479x600, 61K)

Attached: 53898663.jpg (988x1200, 199K)

Based

You mean piece of cracker? WW supported the KKK more than any other president in history, even if you count Jefferson Davis.

he was still a filthy Irishman, not white at all desu

He was Scots-Irish, aka basically still Anglo.

>It's time we talk about the greatest US President

President Roosevelt was unhappy with the choice of the rod bayonet used on the early M1903 Springfield rifles and summoned the Chief of Ordnance to the White House with one of the new rifles.

Roosevelt then ordered Gen.Crozier to "stand guard" with the M1903 and the President, in the middle of the Oval Office, used the then standard Krag rifle with knife bayonet to promptly turn and brake the 03's rod bayonet, resulting in the M1903 design being changed to take a knife bayonet.

(does anybody have the pic of TR wearing the Punisher shirt?)

Attached: model-1898-krag-jorgensen-bolt-action-rifle-and-bayonet.jpg (1000x1000, 96K)

President Trump

Attached: President Trump 2020.jpg (400x400, 22K)

Wouldn't it be JFK who was our first minority president, considering how "problematic" the name John Fitzgerald Kennedy was in 1960?

Attached: Pepe puking.jpg (399x388, 19K)

>muh Irish were treated just like blacks
When will this meme die?

The Hibernian conspiracy goes much deeper than that

Attached: RDMqpHE.jpg (748x2009, 533K)

Attached: 1200px-HueyPLongGesture(2).jpg (1200x1325, 292K)

The funny is, if you were to post something like this a century or so ago, thousands of people would unironically agree.

Attached: 269CF08E-1179-4DF6-9FDD-4EDC88163408.png (450x450, 431K)

Every man a king.

Attached: IMG_20180311_073309.jpg (576x717, 105K)

Attached: ffccbf7fb437729ee64ef3c29a17a8fbf433e70a38f5b79e0d6894e4314eda36_1.jpg (747x735, 89K)

There's a whole board breeding folks that all agree with something like it right now, and they pretty much own the whole domain.

>t. purchased Teddy sex doll on Amazon with optional furry moose tail

Needs a special Veeky Forums edit to put Teddy's face in

Attached: 1493952090991.jpg (1111x597, 379K)

Failed imperialist.

Plus he is the only Catholic president to date

>It's time we talk about the greatest US President

That's not Eisenhower

Plus, my double trips decree it so

This guy was like pure evil. The fact that he isn't well-remembered is a testament to his astonishing effectiveness

Ugh, the majority of these guys' "Irish" ancestry comes from Scottish Protestants

Best boy Curtis stopped the 2nd American Civil War

Attached: best_guy.jpg (1143x1494, 654K)

Scots/Irish still has way too much Irish for me. Also J.F.K. was Irish, Richard Nixon was Scots Irish and Irish, Ronald Raegan had both Scots Irish and Irish blood, George H.W. Bush had the same, Bill Clinton claims to have Irish blood, same with G.W. Bush, and Obama.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niggers_in_the_White_House
>The poem was written in reaction to an October 1901 White House dinner hosted by Republican President Theodore Roosevelt, who had invited Booker T. Washington, an African-American presidential adviser, as a guest.

>I am descended from Scotch Presbyterians and therefore I am wholly stubborn
Absolute madman

Attached: Madman.png (514x600, 340K)

No he didn't. People always cite some quote by him when he screened Birth of a Nation in the White House but that quote is fake and he actually said it was "an unfortunate production."
Jefferson Davis also spoke out against the KKK.

With the exception of JFK, they were so far removed from the Irish Catholic experience that whatever connection they had to it was irrelevant

This

Attached: jackaphant.jpg (1800x1200, 795K)

Is this a jab at the progressive party that formed under Teddy in the 1912 election?

Brainlet here. How was Taft as president?

>Gets shot during a 90min speech
>still fucking gives the rest of the 90min speech

Try that other presidents

Attached: images (1).jpg (267x189, 8K)

Dollar Diplomacy

Fat and disappointing

B U L L
M O O S E

Nice projecting.

Attached: projection.jpg (1166x595, 128K)

Theodore Roosevelt didn't hate the spanish. He just wanted their stuff. as soon as there was a hint of war in the GULF OF MEXICO he ordered an attack on the other side of the world against a spanish colony. Like nothing's wrong with that, but he wasn't a racist sort of guy. He was just a guy picking on a weaker world power to make America a world player

>Teddy literally called him a fathead wh

Kek

The best President would have to be Washington. He was in full control of the Continental Army, which was the most powerful force in possibly both of the Americas and was fanatically loyal to him. And he just steps down from that position like it's nothing because he knew his work was done and goes back to his farm.

Later when he's called to serve as the President (probably the least controversial pick as President ever), he serves the people, and when his term is up, he goes back to his farm.

I never really believed much in American Exceptionalism, most of America's strength came from a great geographic position and being in the right place at the right time, but a man like George Washington being the country's first President is truly one of a kind. There really isn't another historical precedent for voluntarily giving up that kind of power that I can think of besides his hero Cincinnatus.

Attached: washingtonfarmer-1170x806.jpg (1170x806, 245K)

Attached: 422489801.jpg (1199x796, 295K)

Attached: 27863v.jpg (1024x715, 173K)

Silent Cal was actually pretty great. he actually did a lot of work without going apeshit swinging the balls of the executive branch around.

Attached: Silent Cal.jpg (801x900, 76K)

He also liked to cosplay

Attached: Cowboy Cal.jpg (2292x3029, 1.49M)

Attached: extinct12w.jpg (1200x1711, 431K)

Fucking library of congress barely working for some reason.

Attached: 2a05503u.jpg (1284x1600, 424K)

Here's where I get mine

oasis.lib.harvard.edu/oasis/deliver/~trc00052

elections.harpweek.com/1912/cartoons-1912-list.asp?Year=1912

Attached: 422673756.jpg (1200x1146, 322K)

Interesting, can't seem to find a website dedicated to Woody cartoons, shit's scrambled all over the place and can't seem to find this 1 specific cartoon outside of a book.

Attached: on-the-political-ranch-will-crawford.jpg (775x1024, 138K)

Came here to post this.

>Who among you would teach your boys that ease, that peace, is to be the first consideration in their eyes-to be the ultimate goal after which they strive? We do not admire the man of timid peace. We admire the man who embodies victorious effort."
from a speech he gave in 1899 called "the strenuous life"
Definitely a Victorian mindset, I have a hard time imagining anyone would ever say something like this after WW1. He goes on to idolize Lincoln and the generation that won the civil war, and then likens the war against Spain to it.

I've been searching for quite a while and I can't find any website that has all of the cartoons in one spot, or that cartoon in particular.
The closest thing I was able to find was

catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000495155

but it just a scan of puck itself and it doesn't have that cartoon

Attached: 4226714.jpg (1800x1244, 780K)

>United States
>Anglo-Saxon purity
kek

Attached: tr.jpg (638x730, 110K)

He sure put a stop to Tammany Hall's corrupt to the core Democratic machine.

Attached: disnigga.jpg (366x488, 69K)

For some reason this tickles my sides.

Attached: udonefdupnowbitch.jpg (380x312, 31K)

Attached: 422601516.jpg (2399x1526, 1.15M)

Based

Teddy was a progressive faggot, the first of his kind, you unbelievable historylet.

so that means he sucked dicks?
you're fucking stupid

dude was racist. 'lil chocolate soldiers and all

yes, progressive faggots do suck dicks, as you would know.

Why do right-wing libertarians like cosplay so much?

Attached: 1442402709637.jpg (780x519, 85K)

Just because you have close friends doesn't mean you're a fag. I'm sorry you're so toxic nobody wants to be your friend. What am i saying? No i'm not. Faggot.

Attached: 1497536055636.jpg (650x664, 49K)

>I have a hard time imagining anyone would ever say something like this after WW1
He himself probably wouldn't be saying it after Quentin died over France.

La oscuridad...

Attached: zoo2.jpg (237x330, 54K)

>t. cosplays as faggot Teddy

Why was TR so often featured in political cartoons? Was he? Was the man a walking meme?

When you pull off shit like stopping a foreign government from putting down a rebellion and then recognising the newly formed rebel state instantly after the government demands an explanation for your actions, you sort of do become a meme.

Attached: 25890v.jpg (1024x646, 141K)

>Dude war is based!
>Son dies in WW1
>O-Oh

How would things be different if Teddy won 1912 or lived to win 1920?

Consider that political cartoons themselves (particularly in the American milleu) were experiencing, if not a beginning, then certainly a form-defining renaissance at that historical moment. The forms of caricature and making one singular rhetorical point (hence a one-panel-comic) were solidifying at this period, and we owe the word "nasty" to Thomas Nast.

Further, TR had a distinctive look.

Attached: 422601510.jpg (2400x2267, 1.03M)

Not even sure what this one is trying to say

I think it's saying Teddy was a big influence to everything, setting an example if by force (hence "The Force of Example").