Protein bars

I need a snack I can eat at work and protein seem to be the obvious answer. Right now I buy these Quest bars which I like but is there anything else worth buying that's cheaper? The Quest bars have 20-22g of protein, 200 cal and taste pretty good IMO. I want something with similar macros and I can take worst taste.

Bonus points if it's on Amazon.

just bring your protein shake. or eat something high protein like quark (not sure how accessible this is where you live). or even better, make a high protein meal at home and bring it to work. or just spend a lot of money on those protein bars if it is not an issue.

I already bring lunch, I work longer hours and there's a gap of 7-8 hours in between lunch and when I leave.

One liter of milk has around 500kcal and 36g of protons, on top of that it is refreshing and tastes good

The UK has banned "legal highs" because they're obviously as bad or worse than the real thing.
What I'm confused is to why they haven't banned "protein bars, protein shakes"etc., due to the fact that they're a legal steroid alternative.
Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want "protein bars" to be banned, I understand that they can be useful if you know what you're doing.
I'm just confused as to why they're continued to be sold while steroids are banned, especially due to the fact that someone in Australia recently died due to them.
Is it because of the stupidity of the government in relation to fitness?

I'm lactose intolerant and I'm not going to have a liter of milk sitting at my desk all day

Aren't steroid decriminalized in the UK?

Atkins bars are pretty legit imo, quite expensive tho

ok I asked for something cheaper than quest bars, and you recommend something way more expensive than quest bars!

Tbf you typed too many letters so I just read the topic

Grenade protein bars are good. Lots of diff flavours, 22g protein per bar, and about £8-10 cheaper than Quest bars here in the UK.

Not sure where you are but I get mine off Amazon.

Have you tried Cliff: Builder's Bars?

They are around 25€ for a pack of 12 over here.
I usually use Multipower 53% Protein Bars, they are a pack of 24 @ 32€ here, so much cheaper and with better nutrition from what I've seen. Can vouch for the Cookies & Cream taste, it's great.

way too much sugar

@OP invest in a costco membership, the kirkland bars have pretty much the same macros and are a lot cheaper (i.e pack of 20 bars for like $15). they don't taste as good as the quest ones but once you get used to them they're good

ON Opti Bar cookie dough flavor. Thank me later.

Lactaid dude...milk without lactose

these are more expensive than quest bars in the USA unfortunately, good taste though

Yea I like them, but a little too expensive.

Sugar doesn't matter, and the larger size of the cliff bars means they will keep me full a little longer. There isn't a Costco within 50 miles of here. On Amazon, the Kirkland bars cost more than Quest and Cliff

Thank you for what? The Cliff Builder Bars are cheaper at my local grocery store even sold individually

>pay 3x the price for milk
>drink warm rotten milk at my desk
>at least it doesn't have lactose!

Buy the Quest bars in bulk @ walmart/target.

Personally I destroy those fucking cookie dough and blueberry ones. It's the only chocolate I give myself on keto.

Also I liked those Atkins dark chocolate trail bar. Those are mostly nuts. Avoid the "meal" bars, they have a lot of malitol. Snack ones are alright.

Every Quest bar I've tried has been shit, especially the cinnamon roll ones. Fucking disgusting.

I would recommend the "pure protein" brand. They're roughly 200cals and 20g of protein and taste a lot better.

>Buy the Quest bars in bulk @ walmart/target.

How much do you pay for them? They're $2.50/bar at the local store which is insanely expensive for me.