Doing weightlifting instead of gymnastics

>doing weightlifting instead of gymnastics

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/russian-hack-serena-venus-williams-simone-biles-exemptions-banned-drugs-2016-9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>not being a genetically gifted halfling on gear who has trained since his age was single figures and now does it for a career

lmao what a faggot right

lmao salty little black boy with shitty genetics. Stay assmad

Who is

Show us his legs :-)

US gymnasts do lots of weight training.

gymnasts take more drugs than anyone here.

>no traps

I'm not 5'2" sadly

I'm 5'6 and figured I'd have an advantage in gymnastics so I'm learning now. I'm 22 and not interested in competing or anything, just want to learn cool shit like hand stand pushups and stuff. What resources should I look into?
So far mostly i am looking into online stuff and a female friend is a university cheerleading coach, so I'm having her help me with tumbling/balance stuff (no pom pom stuff, sorry to disappoint)
Anyone have anything to recommend?

>falling for the legs meme

big legs are a big hindrance when buying pants, they're less flexible and they're heavy. A little muscle is fine, but big muscular legs are pointless

Source?

Start taking lessons and stretching hard. There is so much to the sport, what you're talking about is just showoff bullshit. At your age, the best you can do is take any intro gymnastics class and commit for years. That's how long it will take for your untrained body to pick up even the most basic moves that children can do.
In other words, just try to learn the cool shit from someone who can do it.
Whatever you do, don't call yourself a fucking gymnast unless you want someone like me to embarrass you.

I feel like I hit a nerve here. Obviously I'm not a gymnast if I just do some dicking around in my spare time, just like how I don't call myself a weightlifter just cause I lift. I also don't think I'm going to take lessons, I feel like I'm progressing fine with just learning from someone who is knowledgeable about the subject and self study.
That being said, I also don't think it's going to take me years to manage the basics. I'm not unused to my body. I've done lots of sports (boxing,wrestling, bjj, American football) and have been lifting for a while. I have a strong strength base and fantastic flexibility. I think mostly I need technique and balance, which is what practice and learning from a coach will teach me

I just want to emphasize that real gymnasts master all 6 events, not just show off shit you can only do on flat ground or a spring floor.

>I don't think it will take me years to master the basics
Depends what you define as the basics.
If you can do a handstand without walking for 30 seconds and a standing tuck flip in both directions, because then you'd be on par with a proficient 10 year old on floor exercise. The fighting training you have will give you a significant advantage though, I bet you could get there in a solid year. As far as what you think the basics are, it might take you six months to learn some shitty half-parkour to impress normies.

>master the basics
Definately don't think I'll master them, I said manage. From fighting I understand how difficult it is to master foundations for anything.

That being said, I am mostly just looking into it for fun, no competing in mind. I know kids who train from a young age will always have the advantage over me, so I'm just looking to challenge myself. So once again, what do you recommend for some self study things I can research? I'm looking for advice on technique, when to progress onto different things, hell even what particulars I should be learning so I don't have to bug the coach every time I want to try something new

Gymnastics can kick beta weightlifters every day

I want to get into gymnastics but I don't know if there's any point since I'm 6'3

just do calisthenics

Pic related is an american gymnastic that is 190cm (6 feet 3 inches). Most gymnasts are around 180-185cm so you should be fine

but jake dalton does weightlifting

How do they look so good?
Is it really because they are on gear and manlets or what?

Not all of them are on gear. Many are.

The real basis of it is decades of high volume training + being short. You're also only seeing a self-selected sample of the best (which in gymnastics overlaps pretty heavily with the best relative strength, ie being jacked).

>Not all of them are on gear.
lol
sure sure...

What are you smoking, gymnasts are usually huge manlets.

Every single one that's made it into the olympics is on gear, 100%.

Said the guy with small legs.

You are severely underestimating how much easier it is to become muscular when you're 5'7 or less.

I am friends with a guy who trains in Sydney with several Olympic level gymnasts, and he doesn't think any of them are in gear.

He is probably lifting his legs to have the blood drain back into his cock after fucking female gymnasts all morning.

your friend is dumb, you think the best of the best in the world are the best just because of hard work? you're delusional about the world
being muscular is different than being a gymnast. and if you think that an athlete literally survives out of being amazingly good at his sport isn't roiding you're also delusional
>implying you look half as good as a gymnast

Thats cool, I have retarded friends also.

He's right. They get drug tested at every event, regularly during training and they are also subject to random testing at any time.

I doubt even yank gymnasts are on gear.

However, there are some retarded faggots on Veeky Forums who think everyone in the world is using steroids. Probably because they're lazy and jealous. And faggots.

I am a gymnast and I don't need your approval to know I look good even compared to other guys at my gym, I get compliments all the time.
Also, their physiques are achievable naturally, you're just a dyel with this
mentality.
Prove me right and post a picture. Oh wait, you won't.

>I can tell someone is on AAS by looking at a photo
Babbys first day on fit?

I don't need to post anything to prove you're a faggot. You've done it all yourself.

>baseless insult
>still no picture
Thank you for the delicious win you small minded pussy, how's your first month lifting been?

> not having legs so big that theyre a handicap

gymnast average height

4'10"

lmao

do lots of stretching to get your flexibility up. As for strength training, reddit's /r/bodyweightfitness has a recommended routine to get you started on building a good foundation for bodyweight exercises. do that until you're close to maxing out on progressions, then go looking for an intermediate routine. See also pic related.

You can also look into Overcoming Gravity by Steven Low. The second edition is on amazon for ~45-50 bucks. I have it and can personally tell you it's very, very much worth the money. there's good shit in there for whatever strength level you're at.

as for equipment, a doorframe-mounted pullup bar runs you maybe $30 max and will be enough for a good while. You can buy a pair of rings (wooden preferred for better grip but it's not a big deal) for 20-40 dollars depending on brand and material. My plastic ones cost $25 and have lasted me ~2 years with absolutely no issues so far and no signs of damage, so don't worry too much about getting the most expensive high quality ones out there if you're on the fence.

side note: your bulks should start being a lot leaner, since harder bodyweight movements like planche and shit are a lot more sensitive to changes in bodyfat percentage. you'll still be bulking, but try to go a bit more slowly to avoid unnecessary fat gains that might delay progress.

good luck, user.

this,your legs need to be trained for endurance and explosiveness,not being able to fit in jeans is straight retarded,been there,done that,not fun

Must be photoshopped

>wanting to be a manlet
You literally will never be a gymnast if you're over 5'10.

Thank you user, this was exactly what I was looking for

The same can be said for your upper body though. Having big biceps and chest is literally completely useless.

>not being too tall to be good at gymnastics

businessinsider.com/russian-hack-serena-venus-williams-simone-biles-exemptions-banned-drugs-2016-9