SURVIVAL GAINS

How does one maintain gains during a survival situation? If you were to participate in a survival show that allows you to bring a limited number of items, would you bring a tub of protein powder instead of a survival item?

A tube of protein powder is essentialy a survival item.
60g whey in a no food environment for 30days dousnt sound that bad

in a survival situation one should be concerned about their life more than gains.

That said, whey is food that stores well and is relatively light since it's dried. It's better than, say, crackers or something.

i'd bring oats as there's no iron in whey

Nah, knife is number one followed by either a fire starting aid or cordage depending on region. Most of the time these people have a hard time finding any food, so they basically /fast/ which is very muscle sparing... meaning they don't lose muscle. What muscle they do lose they regain quickly after the show.

Survival is fucking hard. When you're starving and have migraines from dehydration you don't care as much about mires.

Always wondered if protein powder was considered a "survival" item in shows like naked and afraid. Might be a problem though if you don't have a way to get clean water. Can't imagine chugging down just the powder.

You're not going to last more than 4-5 days without securing water anyway. Generally once they secure it they're fine so they could easily do a few scoops a day. The point of the show is to see if you can sustainably survive... a tub of protein isn't replenishable... when it runs out you'll need a sustainabke protein source.

Why do these cunts never catch fish

Some of them try, but they use these weaved baskets with bait in them because the rigging is actually difficult to do for fishing... hooks, line, bait, etc... I've seen them use wool socks to catch eel before, because the inward angle if their teeth makes it hard for them to let go once they bite down. The basket weaving seems to be okay for catching crawfish but not for fish.

That guy in the OP caught at least 3 huge electric eels in the first season of naked and afraid XL.

Kel

But can they bring protein powder though? Would it be considered cheating? Some survivalists bring tools to catch food, but end up not catching anything. Makes sense to bring protein powder and use that to fuel the first couple days to make tools and shelter and stuff.

I've always wondered why they don't utilize trapping pits. It probably uses a lot of energy to make it, but once it's done, you don't have to actively hunt anymore. If I were in their place, I'd use the energy I have in the first few days to make it. I'd find an animal trail, make a trapping pit or two, try and cover it up to hide pit and scent and then visit it daily.

They probably can, but as explained it would be dumb.
>doesn't help make fire
>doesn't help gather water
>doesn't help build shelter
>doesn't help catch / gather / kill food

A few reasons. It isn't practical to dig holes when you don't have a good understanding of what you're hunting. Different traps are required for different animals... holes take an enormous amount of time and effort to dig without proper tools like a shovel. Also... It's irresponsible to leave the holes after the competition for animals to get caught in when you're not there to finish them off and eat them. This is what nigger poachers do. Since contestants are weak as fuck toward the end they aren't going to fill in holes before they leave.

Whey is flammable though. Might be a good firestarter. Remember that fire that happened in that milk factory? It was from a dust explosion of whey powder. So with whey, you get fuel for your body, and fuel for a fire. Who knows what else it could be used for.

Oh yea... I've had to install explosion proof wall outlets and enclosures in industrial powder dump rooms before but I'd have to play with it. Being explosive in the air when it reaches a certain ppm is different than say... a teaspoon catching a spark.

You cant bring protein powder. They have a limited number of things you can bring.

Bring knife, eat teammate. Bam, like 80,000 calories. Should me enough to maintain most of your weight for a month

in Aboriginal Australia, they would eat every second child

The means to aquire food is infinitely more valuable than having food

But you need energy to acquire food. I think I'd rather have a tub of protein powder than a knife in certain situations. That primitive tech guy uses a stone to cut small trees.

>in a survival situation one should be concerned about their life more than gains.

Being muscular is a hindrance in a survival situation. Your body does not want to waste precious energy maintaining big muscles.

Bigger muscles = higher caloric requirement = much more food that needs to be acquired and eaten

So you're saying in that in the coming apocalypse, the Chad's are going to die and the incels are going to make it?

Most of them, yes... most incels will die too tho.

the weebs shall inherit the earth

Chads will eat the incels

Where will we ever get iron in the wild?

look at those tits fucking hell

No because in a truly apocaliptic scenario Chads will rape/kill/eat everything in sight.

>implying the chads won't hunt down the incels and devour them whole

Maintaining my gains rather then my basic strength endurance and flexibility?
The fuck would I want that.
Every single extra pound of muscle is fucking useless as a source of energy and would make survival in that situation meaningless.
I'd rather be 50lbs over weight rather then have 30pounds of raw muscle when it comes down to it.
I'd be able to survive on just a handful of berries and insects till I could fashion a knife, an axe, a bow and arrows, a spear, and find a way to store water by using a hollowed out log or jar made hardened clay and wrapped in fibers.

There are about five insect species that I can find and eat as a fast emergency food and I think I know a few edible nuts, roots, berries, barks,

The real problem is finding a place to build a shelter and protecting myself from ferocious wildlife.

the chads will have skills and the right temprament needed to survive
the incels will be mostly dead because they have neither basic physical fitness nor basic survival fitness
the ones that will be really fucked are the gym monkey power lifters and bodybuilder guys, gear heads, and larping back to nature cunts who depend on a safe society to function.

Are you retarded? The primary goal of survival situation is survive.

Keep your gainz when you get back home.

Nothing like a survival thread to start a massive expedition to the summit of Mount Stupid...

You'll lose all the useless muscle mass you have , fasting is only muscle sparing to a certain point .
Look at any fucking tribes of hunter gatherer ,they're lean dyel or dyel with fat on them because in nature you don't need lots of muscle mass , unless you create a very anabolic environment with lots of rest & food you won't create or preserve muscle correctly

Just bring a bag of groceries and hope your partner does take a pot with integrated machete

Looks like he lost gains.

Is your bitch ass is gonna run down some venison or something?

Looks like he eventually got them back.

If it was for a TV show, the production crew would sort it out