Is Ketogenic Diet Worth it?

Starting tomorrow

What keto meals do you guys like? pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12693778
youtube.com/watch?v=IVTmMw4xn3o
ajpendo.physiology.org/content/299/5/E808.short
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lean beef cooked medium rare with salt and a side of my own body fat.

Fuck plants.

MARIA DOROSHINA IS ALWAYS RELEVANT. DON'T YOU CALL MY WAIFU A DUMB WHITE WHORE!

shut up carblet

tfw slavic white nationalist ketogenic master race

carblets in the bin

somethings off about here face, like its not going to age well

>not literally fucking plants to get your rocks off
pleb tier

SHUT UP FATLET.

TFW 2M+ TALL ARYAN MULTICULTURALIST BREAD EATING AND BEER DRINKING MASTER RACE

MAKE SLAVS SLAVES AGAIN

>Chicken breast
>cut open lengthwise
>stuff with cheddar cheese
>wrap in bacon
>season with salt, pepper, and a little sage
>bake at 350 for 35 minutes

Simple. Delicious. Keto.

It's called "a smile." Since you're on Veeky Forums and have probably never seen a happy woman, I can understand your confusion.

>lean
get the fuck outta here
this is a KETO thread muthafucka

WITH A SIDE OF MY OWN BODY FAT, MOTHERFUCKER

could be the big forehead and long nose

How many times a day does this stupid question get posted?

shut up u fuckin jewish idiot

aryans can't be multicult

blonds in UK BTFO just saying

respect!

>consuming carbs in the ground pepper and the sage garnish
lol carblet

zerocarb master racial domination IMHO haha

O.K.

this question is highly interesting to me, personally, and I love to discuss it, don't insult good topics!

how the fuck do you zero carb during keto? some of it is unavoidable.

Ground beef fried crispy with mexican spices, fried eggs, sour cream, hot sauce, guac/avocado on top.

Deep fried chicken with some type of butter sauce

Eggs and bacon

Buffalo Chicken Dip eaten with a fork/spoon

i am a very fucking crazy guy haha, i am 100% meat + multivitamin ... currently day 135 of my experiment, I feel horny constantly and aggressive/hostile, full of energy ... it feels great but I have to stop soon because it's a mindfuck haha

>friend fell for the keto meme despite me warning him the lack of carbohydrates would impact his performance negatively
>tells me to fuck off it's his choice
>literally only a few days on it he struggled to lift his max
>says his body needs time to adapt
>fast forwards two-three weeks
>friend is now lifting at 75% of his previous max
>gives him the "I told you so" look
>he throws the weights on the floor and leaves the gym angrily
>next week he's back to a normal diet
>already lifting at 90% of his previous max

tldr don't fall for the meme unless you want your gains to suffer

if your body adapts to fat burning (which takes a long ass time for some people, up to 6 months) you'll have the energy you need just from fat.

you can drop out of keto sometimes for serious gains, but it's worth it to stick to keto.

t. ketobro

>Is Ketogenic Diet Worth it?
Yes it seems it will be for you OP

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12693778

>Although these data are very preliminary, there is some evidence that the ketogenic diet may be used in autistic behavior as an additional or alternative therapy

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Never understood this keto thing... why limit what you can eat for no reason it just sounds fucking stupid...

b/c insulin nigga

Why don't you eat concrete and glass and rubber and steel, then?

youtube.com/watch?v=IVTmMw4xn3o

OATS THO

Do you mean for insulin resistance or what? Fat is worse in that regard than sugar.

Yeah you clearly are stupid thanks for proving it.

fat has no insulin response

Not my fault you're begging the question of "for no reason."

Elevated free fatty acids cause a transient physiological (rather than permanent pathological) change in insulin resistance for the sake of protein sparing.

It causes insulin resistance more than sugar but of course people promoting a diet high in fat won't tell you that

so don't eat shit tons of fat like a retard, you can be keto without being a 90% fat faggot

bump4interest

What an absolute 10/10.
Anyway, keto doesn't fix hormonal imbalances, and a lot of people who eat keto yoyo in their weight once they start eating carbs again.

Keto, by definition, is high fat.

sauce on this? I'd think it has an insulin response but doesn't increase insulin resistance.

meat, vegetables, oil, cheese

1/4

>cheese
>vegetables
Gotta watch some of this stuff OP, get a keto app and check things. For example... cheese has carbs in it... and you can't eat stuff like cucumbers.

?

Keto is ketogenic. I.e. producing excess ketone bodies.

Strictly speaking, even high fat isn't enough. It should be heavily polyunsaturated fat to ensure you produce a lot of ketones.

Though this is only really useful for treatment of diseases like epilepsy. You're perfectly functional on free fatty acids and don't need your breath to smell like you drink nail polish remover.

Just eat eggs and fish only and a little bit of spinach

Keto:

-Low protein. Can't bodybuild on it.
-Induces kidney stones. Painful as fuck.
-Destroys ability to lift heavy or sprint, as these activities depend on fast twitch muscle fibers which only work on carbohydrates.
-Peak cognition decreased but neuroprotective in the longterm.

Only reason to do keto is for long term brain health.

Can you cite a single, SINGLE source that says that eating a high-fat diet leads to insulin resistance?

It's pretty much 100% accepted that a high CARB diet leads to insulin resistance. Not fat.

ajpendo.physiology.org/content/299/5/E808.short

1. Keto doesn't have to be "low" protein.
2. Supplement with potassium citrate.
3. Lifting and sprinting are mostly reliant on the phosphocreatine energy system, not glycolysis or actual aerobic pathways. Keto still isn't very good for performance overall though.

1. Yes it does. High protein knocks you out of ketosis.
2. Damages stomach lining.

tried it for 3 months but only felt weak all the time, 0/5 would not recommend

Why do we have to have this thread every day where somebody asks about keto, and all the big guys come in to tell us how fucking stupid we are to do keto if we plan to do competitive powerlifting?

Like we know that, you fucking meat heads. It's a weight loss or long-term maintenance diet. It is not a bulking diet.

FUCK.

Ground chuck, formed into large patties. Make a thin layer of salt in the bottom of a heavy pan, and heat until the salt just begins to brown. Put in patties to sear them on both sides, and cook to taste. Top each patty you make with a large over-easy egg, and border the yolk with anchovy fillets.

Garnish with a few dashes of hot pepper sauce, a dash of Worcestershire sauce, and a quick squeeze of lemon.

Can also change things by make patties with fresh or dried dill mixed in, salt both sides of the patty, sear and cook to desired doneness, omit egg and anchovy. Garnish with hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce and a squeeze of lemon juice.

Serve either of the above with grilled or roasted keto-friendly vegetables of your choosing.

>phosphocreatine energy system
jesus christ no, that's a tiny portion of anaerobic activity

Youre a nigger that thinks blond hair and blue eyes makes somebody automatically attractive. She isnt desu

big tits (for a lot of people) do tho

Certain bras and angles can make tits look much much more appealing/bigger than they actually are. This girl is good for a stock photo for a "hot" girl thread. Nothing else

dude, girls who aren't in your life are all that what are we idealists talking to each other in the realm of forms?

Can confirm, this is one of my fav keto meals as well and tastes fucking amazing. I add a bit of garlic and change the cheese around to moz or camembert sometimes which is different but very nice.

Yep, no more migraine attacks.

>Buffalo Chicken Dip
Sounds good. Link?