/thicc/ general, cans and biceps edition

Who's getting /thicc/ here? Aren't you? Well, why not discuss thicc specific inspirations, routines, nutrition, etc.? Here's the place to do that!

> /thicc/ Pastebin
pastebin.com/fmyJtHVM
Before asking questions, please take a look at the pastebin.

Just, what, what, WHAT is THICC MODE?
>Thicc mode is traditional male aesthetics. Thicc mode for Veeky Forums has been described as a body built from barbell strength training with accessories (texas method, candito 6 week, 28 free programs, 5/3/1), 13% to 17% bodyfat that has crossover to strength or contact sports ability. Twinks, ottermode, & contest ready bodybuilders are not thicc mode.

Permanent Discord link:
discord.gg/B9kaCdW

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TACUAgMpwNc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's /thicc/'s recommendation for abs and biceps?

The bigger the better, obviously. The more surface area to kiss during a muscle worship session, but that's just my two cents.

Haha I meant workouts

What do you think about 7 minutes of curls once or twice a week?

Is curls all thats needed? That and weighted chinups are all I'm doing

And for abs I've been doing planks but I'm not sure if its enough

As regards abs:
youtube.com/watch?v=TACUAgMpwNc

I hear that hammer curls are a superior bicep workout.

Abs are not quite my domain, however. Why not ask some of the fellas on the discord?

Thanks, I will!

As regards abs? I meant biceps. I'm preparing for a Halloween party. Excuse me.

for abs I do decline sit ups, hanging leg raises, and planks
make sure to do squats and diddys too as they'll hit your abs and make your midsection more thicc

Dieting down to become a twink for a bit...someone please give appetite suppression advice

THICC BOIS

Boogs is goal body.

Thanks man, literally just did some hanging leg raises and I could really feel it

Squats and deadlifts for abs, and chinups for biceps.

Drink lots of water

Stop eating twinks for breakfast.

Brian Alsruhe of Neversate should definitely be added to the Youtube section of the pastebin. Dude has a thicc body, huge focus on compound movements, and is extremely positive and enthusiastic towards working hard in the gym. Also has great advice, especially for lifting.

Any advice for accessoires for the madcow program? Also how do I avoid getting too a too thicc ass with all those squats. I'd rather go more in deadlift thy.

Holy moly, goes straight to my fap folder. No homo of course.

how's my back THICCness dudes? I just do deads and lat pulldowns

This.
Brian is GOAT

5,11 200lbs 19yo working towards klokov mode
Routine is
P: 5x5 pendlay rows 5x5 gymnastics rings pull ups 5x10 dorian rows
P: 5x5 bench press 5x5 press 5xAMRAP pushups
L: 5x5 hex bar deadlifts 5x5 low bar squats 5x10 high bar squats
and a lot of cycling/sprinting and martial arts training

I don't know why this man isn't more famous. Has sound advice and a life full of experience and tips. His programs are also extremely well thought and carefully planned

How do I attain thicc mode with 6 inch wrists at 5'9? Is ottermode my only hope?

I'm planning to do my first pl meet in a few months. Current Wilks is 230 (don't laugh old) but it's increasing fast, about +7 per week. Theoretically I should be able to hit at least 335 Wilks even if the rate halves. We'll see.
Anyway I'm doing Candito LP (pic)
Questions
What would you put in the optional slots for upper or lower? Keep in mind, goal is to increase total and become /thicc/
In my first week, I did farmers walks on lower days which are /thicc/ approved.
Yesterday was my second week first lower body day. I was DEAD after deadlifts, and I didn't do any accessories. Should I push myself to do at least machine isolations or is it ok if I at least complete the reps in the main sets?
Is this normal? I pushed myself really hard on deadlifts and even did one more rep on the last set. When I set the bar down, there was a time about 10 seconds where my sense of balance, vision and hearing were REALLY distorted. I definitely remember the song slowing down in speed and pitch, the black floor became purple/green and rotated and I had to brace myself with my hands on my knees in order to not fall down. I am not shitposting, I swear. After recovering, I was spooked so I decided against doing accessories. And I was still stumbling a bit for the next few minutes when walking home.
So yeah, question is "is this normal? Has it happened to you?'
I am about 93 kg at 1.81 (200 at 5.11 in freedom units) and I was told by peers that this is the best weight class for me. Should I bulk then cut or maintain?

Pls respond

1. The assistance movements are going to depend entirely on what you suck at. Can't really help without knowing more.

2. Do your assistance work whenever possible. It's not a big deal if it gets missed once in a while but you don't want to be making a habit of it.

3. That happens from time to time. Try to avoid it.

4. I wouldn't bother giving a shit about your weight class for the first meet. Train, get stronger and compete at whatever you weigh in. Longterm most guys that height are 105s (plus or minus a class) but it takes time to grow into that class.

whats some intermediate 3 day a week program upped body focused mostly
I did sl5x5 and something else like 2 years ago and im still a trex
upper body is dyel mode

>1. The assistance movements are going to depend entirely on what you suck at.
I suck at everything and I don't look like I lift.
If I had to pinpoint a weak point I guess it would be core. That's why I'm doing farmer's walks.
I also suck at the bottom of the squat. That's why I do pause squats.
>2. Do your assistance work whenever possible. It's not a big deal if it gets missed once in a while but you don't want to be making a habit of it.
Yeah thought so
>3. Try to avoid it.
How? I didn't choose to nearly black out
>4. I wouldn't bother giving a shit about your weight class for the first meet. Train, get stronger and compete at whatever you weigh in. Longterm most guys that height are 105s (plus or minus a class) but it takes time to grow into that class.
Noted, thanks

Unrelated
5. Is Justin Lascek (the guy pointing at the camera while holding a doggo) natty?

If you're having issues with the overall workload to start with, I'd suggest that the optional exercises be 1 lighter compound and 1 isolation.

So to spitball:

Mon
Leg extensions (leg press if you feel up to it or leg extensions kill your knees)
Snatch-grip RDLs (only if you have straps, regular otherwise)

Tues
DB bench
Curls

Thurs
Front squats (if you struggle with them, highbar)
Leg curls

Fri
Dips (assisted if necessary)
Hammer curls

If you find you're recovering fine off that workload, you can up it to two lighter compounds and stop really counting the assistance work. I'll be honest, I barely program isolations beyond 'do some sets of high reps at the end'.

great. love handles cover the lats a bit but who cares

do not do many isolation optionals, just focus on compounds if you are "generally weak". neither should you stray too far from the main lifts, however, to get thicc or better at PL.

for example, farmers walks won't get you a better PL total, neither by improving core, grip or anything else. if you want stronger core in a way its applicable to squats and deads, do more squats and deads. farmer walks simply aren't specific enough.

on heavy lower days, do 1 optional: 303 tempo squat. this can correct your tightness issues. on control lowers, you don't need to do jack shit.
on upper days: use optionals as "back off" sets. what do you want to improve? you want better delts? after 1x10 shoulder exercise, do 3x8 at 2-4% less load. or do the same for your upper back exercise.

ALTERNATIVELY, this optional can be a variation of the main lift. (after 4x6 bench press, 3 sets of touch-and-go, close-grip, 2-ct pause, or 3-ct pause, etc., bench press are doable.)

also,
>5. Is Justin Lascek (the guy pointing at the camera while holding a doggo) natty?
most likely.

tried hammer curls, immediate elbow pain, wat do?

do different curl.

how tall is justin?

How do I into thicc booty?