Meat eater going vegan

I've been watching a lot of Jon Venus recently and I really like his approach and perspective. Can't say I particularly like all vegans, but I don't want animals to suffer for that, so I'm going vegan.

Need tips on:
- is cronometer worth it?
- methylcobalamin vs cyanocobalamin B12?
- best tasting vegan protein powder?
- best milk replacement? (for taste)
- best beans? (for taste)

I would post in the vegan general, but it's already a shitshow. So please, for this thread at least, have some maturity and keep the autism to a minimum

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dont go vegan unless its solely for moral reasons.
bigger variety of foods is better for you and there are some substances ( not essential to your survival but definitely good for your health ) which are found only in animal sources

cyanocobalamin B12 is the same stuff you'll find in breakfast cereal

>- is cronometer worth it?
Yes.
>- methylcobalamin vs cyanocobalamin B12?
Cyanocobalamin. Methylcobalamin is a meme.
>- best tasting vegan protein powder?
I just use unsweetened pea protein powder desu.
>- best milk replacement? (for taste)
Sweetened soy milk.
>- best beans? (for taste)
Lentils.

>there are some substances ( not essential to your survival but definitely good for your health ) which are found only in animal sources
Like?

>soy boy

Soy is what they feed the animals you eat, so you're still getting SOYED even if you don't eat soy.

>lentils

no way,

its subjective of course but pinto beans or butter beans are the way to go for me, pintos also provide more calories per kilogram than beef

autism to a minimum please

why are you against methylcobalamin?

I can't find too much conclusive info on it

Cyanocobalamin is the most studied and cheapest form of cobalamin, you also need take more methylcobalamin compared to cyanocobalamin.

unsweetened pea protein tastes like shit. Rice protein tastes much better, and chocolate rice protein actually tastes good

>Need tips on:
ohh yeah baby
the cheapest on amazon
rice protein taste like shit, soy + cocos is my fav
rice milk (taste like fatfree milk). If you like the fat, just add some heavy cream
kidney.

Pea protein powder just tastes neutral to me desu, but you can just add a banana and some cocoa powder to your shake and you won't taste anything.

like to keep my shakes low cal

Since others already covered the other points, imo chickpeas are the best type of beans (plus you can make hummus with them). As far as plant milk, almond milk is my favourite, followed by homemade oat milk(when I have time)

I attempted this in a long, careful experiment of nearly a year, with 6+ months of it almost completely vegan, and it did nothing but harm my body.

I posted a long thread about it some time ago, detailing out what I ate, what symptoms I experienced, and how those symptoms went away rapidly when I just started eating eggs and fish again.

i was vegan only for a month, but one thing I took from it was nutritional yeast. It's amazing. makes things taste cheesy and is a good source of B12

did you track macrosµs

this. also consider almond milk, TVP/soy protein in general, and chickpeas. don't ever buy cashew milk, it's salty and disgusting.

Former vegan.

Don't need calorie tracking. You'll have trouble eating enough unless you eat lots of sugar (white sugar is not vegan, BTW, since it uses bone ash to bleach it white) and polyunsaturated fat. Eat as much as you can.

Cyanocobalamin. Or fermented foods like natto (ick) or kimchi (meh).

Protein powders all taste meh. Hemp-based was the least awful.

I liked almond milk, but rice is okay, too. Soy gave me a rash.

Buy beans in bulk and cook them yourself. The type matters very little when it comes to flavor, but small beans cook faster, and pinto beans were the cheapest here.

You can make hummus out of any legume. Just add lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and tahini.

And garlic, cumin and pepper.

Yes but it doesnt taste as good tho

Legumes don't taste like anything.

And low nutrition apparently.

Going vegan for animals is fucking dumb bruh - think about it if all people go vegan those climate changing gas shitting bastards all gotta die and Im for that. Fuck animals go vegan for health and environmental reasons.

I love vegasport chocolate for protein powder, 30g a scoop. Favourite milk replacement is silk tree nuts soy milk or the unsweetened kind. The tree nuts has 10g of protein but 2g of sugar and the unsweetened has 8g and no sugar. Favourite beans are edamame beans but theyre soy so not sure how youd feel about that. Otherwise chickpeas are my go to. Also I dont use chronometer but I think a lot of people would get use out of it and not desu not sure the difference between b12s.

anyone tried this?

Fuck yes
Cyano
I've tried pea and it was disgusting. Needs 3x the water whey needs to dilute, needs a blender (a shaker won't do), and needs A TON of fruit to hide the absolutely vile taste.
Buy if you enjoy the taste of burnt chickpea vomit go ahead.
for taste
Soy >>>> oat > almond > cow
for protein
soy=cow >>> oat=almond=coconut=cashew=rice=ZERO
Soy wins hands down
Eh, all are nice. The only legumes I dislike somewhat are peas and chickpeas when bland. I'm partial to kidney but I think it's cause they look nice next to corn and peppers

If you think you're gonna look close to Jon Venus on the vegan diet, you'll be dissappointed.

Name one (1 (O N E)) essential amino acid, essential fatty acid, vitamin or mineral that is hard or expensive to find a vegan source of
>but I don't know any, I'm just shitposting
Oh you so silly user :^)

you idiot thats not what he said. hes saying jon isnt natural you stupid piece of shit. stop shilling for one fucking second and get the vegan blinders out of your fucking retarded eyes you stupid, illiterate piece of garbage.

he doesn't look that big in OP pic

>jon isnt natural
No, he said specifically "you won't look like Jon Venus on a vegan diet", implying Jon isn't vegan, roids or not. Don't backpedal because your shitty "arguments" get destroyed.

I own chickens, will vegancucks tell me to throw the eggs out? And not eat them? What is inhumane about eating eggs from my own chickens?

What will you do when your chickens die? Will you buy new ones?

Maybe, maybe not, they have a long lifespan. More importantly, what is inhumane about eating eggs from my own chickens?

It’s alright.

I wouldn't, can't speak for other vegans though. I wouldn't get more though, I imagine the backyard chicken 'industry' is much the same as the pet industry and has many of the same ethical issues

Or buying them from a local farm?

>has many of the same ethical issues

explain?

have to kill chickens that are not sold. Have to kill all male chicks etc

There is literally nothing morally wrong with the act of eating the eggs in and of itself.
However, when you buy a hen, that hen used to be a female baby chick. 50% of baby chicks are male.
For every female hen you buy, you are effectively tossing 1 male baby rooster inside a macerator, or suffocating him in a plastic bag.
As above. The farm needs hens, not roosters. Almost all roosters save for a few who are used as bulls are killed as soon as they are born.

roosters are needed though

yes
cyano
i used to take pea protein when i was vegan
almond milk with little stevia and cocoa powder
chickpeas, black beans and lentils, all cooked on a pressure pan with some shiitake, garlic and onions

I've never heard of cronometer.

protein powder use truenutrition blends (i do 35% pea 40% oat 25% hemp)

milk replacement it's all about the soy milk. (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224) Don't listen to fitfags-- soy is good for you.

best beans-- I like black beans.
It's okay to cheat (eat meat or whatever) every once in a while. You're a lot more likely to quit if you make a big catastrophe out of one cheat meal. In the beginning I would cheat once a week. Now I only cheat every few months, usually when I go to a relative's house or when someone is takes me out to a nice restaurant. In the long run, you'll convince more people to eat less meat by not being such a dick about it.

Which ones???????????????

Cheers for the responses vegan brahs. Gonna get some choc pea protein and a variety of beans

Should a meat eater still take B12? I eat eggs almost daily but red meat 1x month, chicken sometimes and I go more for fish and seafood.
my diet is vegetables, nuts, beans, fruit plus fish most of the time

also why is cyano > methy?