Welcome to /routine general/

Welcome to /routine general/

Post your lifting routine and ask questions you have about exercises and programming.
Some quick info for beginners

>#1: Read the Fucking Sticky

>If you want to gain/lose weight, TRACK YOUR CALORIES
>If you are just getting started, a proven and popular program is always going to be better than something you came up with, save yourself the time and headaches
>GSLP is overral the best beginner routine
>SS, Reg Park's, ICF, SL or any Linear Progression Strenght program based on barbell training will fine too
Unless you want to get into Powerlifting, then there are some PL focused beginner programs

>Bodyweight exercises, are a good gauge to know if you're gaining too much fat too quickly. If your Rows and DL are progressing but your pullups are laggin behind, chances are you gotta lose some weight
if you can't do pullups, use band-assisted pullups or negatives. they work

>Yes, you can gain strenght while losing fat...unless you're pretty advanced, Cut/Bulk is not really needed, just stay at a sensible bf% and eat enough healthy food and plenty of protons
>track your fucking calories

>"Cardio kills gains" is a meme. Increasing your aerobic capacity will translate to strenght performance as well
>HIIT optimally, low intensity steady state cardio is fine too, HIIT can be tough to recover from.

>You should be STRETCHING. Make it a habit. Mobility/Flexibility is crucial both for gains and lift safety.
>Do not static stretch before lifting, stretching cold muscles makes them more prone to injury and somewhat hinders you strenght.
>Do Dynamic warmups, warm up ALL joints and antagonistic muscles before a lift
for example: Bench Press---->warmup shoulders, do some curls and tricep extensions for the elbows, warmup your wrists, and do some rows. nothing heavy, just get the blood flowing

If you're having trouble progressing, your routine is ok, you're eating and sleeping enough, post a form check.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833
youtube.com/watch?v=e1p1VnXmdLI
t-nation.com/workouts/531-how-to-build-pure-strength
youtube.com/watch?v=2qIVRgE5yRE&t=557s&ab_channel=OmarIsuf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hi

I'm in my 5th week of Strong Lift.

I like the program however when I squat I quickly have a sharp pain in my right hip's join (currently squatting 60kg/130lbs).

According to my friend my legs are shaking when I'm in the getting up part of the squat and, even when I focus on then so that they don't shake, I put too much weight on one of my legs.

Today I did squats in front of a mirror and the bar is indeed very tilted when I get up.

How do I address this imbalance? I really can't squat like this, the pain is really harsh if I push myself.

By reading around I sorta guessed that doing bulgarian squats and hip thrust would solve the problem but my best guess probably isn't very good.

You are WAY too early in your lifting journey to worry about unilateral accessory work.
I GUARANTEE your problem stems from poor bracing.
Google "stacked cylinders bracing for squat". Also, "how to squat" by Mark Rippetoe or Johnny Candito

Would pic related work for beginners?

chest day
bench
incline flies
incline press
cable flies

shoulders (try for twice a cycle)
OHP
upright row
arnold press
lat raise
rear flies
shrugs

back day
daddlies
bent over row
cable rows
pulldowns

leg day
squats
lunges
calf raises

arms (superset bi and tris)
barbell curls
skullcrushers
held hammer curls
cable pushdown
dumbbell curls
cable extensions
and probably more shrugs

tack on 20-30min cardio after. this is 4-6 times a week depending on schedule.
Bench and squats improving every week. OHP is still just shit. starting to do lat raises every workout to try to force them to beef up?

Monday:
Clean&Jerk 6-4*1-3
Front Squat 5*1-3
Incline Bench 5*5
Bench Press 3*5
DB Flies 4*10-20
Cable Curl 4*10
21s

Tuesday:
Sumo Deadlift 5/3/1
Conventional Deadlift 1*6
Pendlay Rows 3*5-7
Weighted Pull-ups 50-100 reps total
Cable Pushdown
Overhead triceps extension

Wednesday:
Snatch 6-4*1-3
Back Squat 5*1-3
Snatch Pulls 6-4*2-4
Leg curl 4*10-12
Bulgarian split squat 4*10-12
Leg extension 4*10-12

Thursday:
Incline DB Press 4*6
BB Bench Press 5*10
Cable Fly 5*20
Weighted chins 5*5
Machine row 5*20
Lat Pulldown 4*12-15

Friday:
Clean&Press 5*3-5
Clean Pull 5*3-5
High Pull 4*5-7
Lateral raises 5*20
BB Curl 4*6-8
CGBP 4*6-8
Incline Curl 3*10-12
Skullcrushers 3*10-12

Saturday:
Back Squat 5/3/1
RDL 4*6-8
Lunges 4*10-15
Leg extension 4*10
Leg curl 4*10
Leg Press 4*5-7

Rate? Finally will have time on weekends to run this routine. Can't squat or conventional deadlift due to a tear in left adductor muscle, which flares up whenever I need lateral stabilization.

ULxPPLx

UPPER POWER
Incline Barbell Bench Press 3x5
DB Overhead Press 3x8
DB Bench 3x8
High Pull 5x3
Wide Grip Pullup 3xF
Seated Cable Row 3x8
EZ Bar Curl 3x8
Skull Crushers 3x8
Suitcase Carries 4xF

LOWER POWER

Leg Press 5x5
Romanian Deadlift 5x5
Hamstring Curl 4x8
Quad Extension 4x8
Calf Raisers 4x8
Cable Crunch 4x12
Plank 3x60s

PUSH
DB Bench Press 4x8
Incline DB Bench Press 4x8
Cable Crossover 4x10
DB Overhead Press 4x8
Lateral Machine Raise 4x12
Assisted Dips 4x12
Cable Crunch 4x12
Plank 3x60s

PULL
Wide Grip Pullups 3xF
T-Bar Row 4x8
Lat Pulldown 4x8
Paused Shrugs 4x8
Face Pull 3x10
Rear delt machine 3x10
Hammer Curl 3x10
Reverse Grip Curls 3x10
Suitcase Carries 4xF

LEGS
Leg Press 5x10
SLDL 5x10
Quad Extension 4x12
Hamstring Curl 4x12
Seated Calf Raise 4x12
Cable Crunch 4x12
Plank 3x60s

Does anyone have any kinobody progeams? I bought one a year ago and was getting pretty decent results but ive lost it since then

Would be curious to see this as well.

Programs don't matter that much as long as you're getting to the gym regularly, working your whole body with big compound lifts, and getting enough food and rest to recover.

how to fill out more volume in chest/arms?

I know. Just curious in the sense that routines/programming are an interest of mine.

Is this good for a beginner:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833

I'm starting lifting soon and I have an injury-prone lower back so I don't want to do SS with its focus on DLs. I previously have lifted weights and enjoyed PPL routines, so I want to do a PPL routine. Would this one work for me?

While I've run coolcicada ppl in the past, I don't think that it's very good for a beginner. You almost have to run it 2x a week to get the value, and PPLPPLx is too much volume for a newbie. Better to find a 3 day per week full body routine that works around your injuries.

Thanks! I'm not really a newbie as such. I've lifted in the past, and I always do bodyweight exercises and cardio... so both my muscles and my body are accustomed to exercise. With that in mind, would this regime as a PPLR routine be okay for me?

I'm trying to build a big chest and shoulders would pic related be good? I work manual labor so I'm not skellymode. Also considering gzclp

PPLxPPLx could work. I would personally move shrugs to your pull day and add another shoulder or chest accessory, depending on your build.

>Progression rate
>>Squat/deadlift: 15lb/week

LOL

been too lazy to do any volume lately so I just did 3 sets of squats and 3 sets of deficit deadlifts yesterday.

Kinobody.rar TPB

what's the best android app with exercise instructions?

I'm getting serious with lifting but this whole routine/exercise is a very steep entry for me. I'm committed to do this right this time and I'm looking for something that will ease it up a little

Hey boys, Im about to go to the gym for the first time. I know I want to do a 3 day brosplit routine, but I'm having trouble deciding how many exercises to do for each day and how to work in isolation movements.

Get a copy of Starting Strength. There are pdf and epub versions on just about any torrent site if you're too fucking cheap to buy a copy. That'll learn you how to do the basic lifts in detail and give a lot of instruction on accessory lifts, too.

Just do an established routine. If you don't know what you're doing you will fuck yourself and get worse results.

You're like Jon Snow: you know nothing. Do a proven noob program like Starting Strength or Stronglifts. Don't try to write your own unless you know what you're doing.

I just started going to my Uni gym with no real routine. I just hit the machines that target the muscles I'm trying to workout and then do 3x10 of whatever I'm on. Initially was just going to get out of a depression, I had no goals, just wanted to exercise. Now I actually want to get bigger and start making some gains.

Where can I find a good established routine? Also what should I be eating to gain some weight, I'm 6'1" 165 right now. I know these are frequently asked questions, is there a good resource that already has the answers?

What should you be eating? More.

The book Starting Strength is about as good a resource as you can find for beginning lifters.

Read the sticky, choose a beginner routine that focuses on strength and compounds (GSLP is great), lift hard for 3 months and come back.

Take progress pics too. At the very least monthly. And figure out your diet, I know it's not easy at Uni but it is possible and you'll feel better for it.

A squat OHP pullup
B dl bench row

AxxBxx

A plan must never be too complicated or it will fail.

Someone rate my AxBxA, BxAxB workout.

A
Bench 3x12
Chest fly 3x12
Curl 3x12
Bodyweight dip 3x12
Tri extenstion 3x12
OHP 3x12
Front Raise 3x12

B
Lat pulldown 3x12
Deadlift 4x6-8
Seated Rows 3x12
Pullups 3x5
Squats 3x12
Calf Raise 3x25

What are your goals? Progress will be very slow only hitting things once a week.

First day of power cleaning, pls crititque

PPLPPxx
Or
PPLULxx

you gon kill you knees

Are you fucking serious lol

sauce please, this looks promising

Why?

Why do you do main compound lifts with the same rep scheme as your accessory lifts? Why do you put accessory lifts before the main lifts?

I mean, you're working your whole body and you're obviously a noob (or you wouldn't be asking), so you'll get some results, but it sets you up with bad habits for exercise selection.

first day of lifting you should say holy shit that cringe ma bromelain

Not even close.

youtube.com/watch?v=e1p1VnXmdLI

Literally everything you did was wrong.

The second because lul

How about you slot some rest between your workouts there, tiger? FxFxFxx style. Going to the gym won't fill the hole in your heart left by your lack of social life.

I was trying to make something similar to Tinytrip's routine.

These are some of my favorites, but you're telling me I should some thing closer to 5x5 for squat, dl, ohp, and bench?

th-thanks

bruh

Tinytrip is not someone you want to model yourself after. Unless you want to roid for a meh manlet body.

Where are you in your training? Have you milked all the benefit you can get from an established noob program yet?

I'm pretty on and off, XC season just ended for the last time so I figure it's time to get big before college and track season

Are either of these decent? I'm not sure of my squat or deadlift but I benched 175lb x 3 at a friend's garage last week.

I keep seeing gslp recommended is that a better program than Ivysaur or gzclp

What does Veeky Forums think of kinobody warrior shredding routine? Only 3 workouts per week, 2 sets of compunds in a reverse pyramid seems like too little volume even on a cut
At the moment trying to cut down from ~20% to sub 15 doing ULxULxx which has been decent but strength has plateaued for a while.

is this enough?

dude you wont even maintain strength on a cut especially when getting around 10% unless you on the juice

If you haven't been training for a while, do a generic noob program like StartingStrength or Stronglifts. It'll get you bigger and prepare you better for sports.

If you haven't been training consistently, do an established noob program like StartingStrength or Stronglifts. What you're doing is probably a bit unbalanced.

Enough for what at what level? If you don't have much training experience and don't know what exercises you need, you're going to be better off with an established noob program like StartingStrength or Stronglifts.

Enough exercises, probably
Quality compound exercises, hell no
Upright rows on push, wtf
You need to stick to a real routine

Nope I'm natty, relative strength on weighted dips/chins has gone up but everything else is stalling. To be expected like you say

Wrong. Every cutting phase that I've done, I gain strength (albeit slower than a bulk). Unless you're at a huge deficit it isn't difficult to increase numbers.

A:
BP 2x5,1x5+
Pendlay Row 2x5,1x5+
Squat 3xF
Chinup 3xF
DB Shoulder press 3x12-15
Facepull 3x15-20

B:
OHP 2x5,1x5+
Pullups 3xF
Deadlifts 1x5
Chinups 3xF
Tricep Pushdowns 3x8-12 SS Lat Raies

>t. 1pl8 bencher

Why?

Why are you working your grip so hard before deads? Why are you working your back with P rows before squats? Why are you doing so many redundant exercises?

A:
Squat
Bench
Row

B:
Dead
Press
Chin

185/255/315/395. Not phenomenal numbers, but I don't lift for strength. Please stop spreading misinformation. Lifts can go up while cutting.

>I don't lift for strength

>t. guy whos never been under 15% bf

Is this a recipe for disaster? Started today. Took longer than my usual workouts, but I feel okay.

Monday
Squat 3x5
Press 3x5
Chin-up 3x5
Power clean 5x3
Dip 3x8
Barbell row 5x5 @ 90% of max

Wednesday
Deadlift 1x5
Bench 3x5
Cable row 3x12
Press 5x5 @ 90% of max
Pulldown 3x12
Hyperextension 3x12

Friday
Press 3x5
Squat 5x5 @ 90% of max
Barbell row 3x5
Rack pull 3x5
Dip 3x8
Chin-up 5x5 @ 90% of max

Want to cut below 100kg by upping my cardio and focusing on intensity. Lifting brought me from 90 to 110kg and my knees hurt.

fatty pls go

Hey bros, newb here with a competitive basketball history of 10 years, so my knees are fucked. Im overweight by about 25 kgs atm, dieting desu. Im not new to the gym and i got fine lifts but im trying to take it more seriously now, what program should i do? I just want a decent body. I might get loose skin soon (was 145kgs 185cm, át 117kgs currently) so im trying to put on as much muscle as possible to avoid looking like a deflated baloon. Any advice is appreciated from former /fatbros/ and others, thanks.

Premise was GSLP with some light additions. That explains the order. Redundant exercises for specific shoulder and tricep targetting.

suggest me some 3 day a week intermediate upper body focused routine mostly
need bigger shoulders arms and chest while keeping the same legs
should I make one myself?

Hive mind lol

I came up with this by myself however after many years of lifting.
It just makes sense, covers everything and lets you enjoy those most badass of exercises. Who would drink piss if they can have Cristal?

Diet.

That's a lot of redundant exercises. You can probably just do the first three each day and come out fine.

Seriously. Why do rack pulls and deadlifts the same week? If you can pull heavy that often, just deadlift.

Why do you think you need additions?

I literally never leave 12-17%, why are you in denial about this?

Need to deadlift once a week and squat twice. Everywhere recommends squat deadlift squat, day apart. I'd rather do deadlift, squat, squat. Any disadvantage?

>additions
OHP has been stalling for a while and I want to work it a bit more. And aesthetically my shoulders and triceps are smallest. Believe that's a common link.

Monday: Torso
Wednesday: legs and Arms
Friday: Torso

Bump on this. Care more about potential imbalances than anything, I'm already gonna run the ULxPPLx side of it, just need to nail down the right exercises.

If OHP is stalling, add a set. E.g. from 3x5 to 4x5.

6'1" 220lbs
Monday - Chest/tris/abs

Bench 10/6/3/1
Pause reps 3x10
Low weight 3x15
Close Grip 3x15
Skullcrushers 3x10
Dips(chest/tri) 3x10
Incline dum 4x8
Cable fly 10/7/5/3
Cable pulldowns
(2 and 1 handed) 10/7/5/3
machine crunches 3x15
leg raises 3x10
cable twists 3x10

Tuesday - Back/bis

Deadlifts 10/7/5/3/1
Romanian DL 2x10
pull ups 3x10
curls 10/7/5
conc. curls 3x10
lat pulldowns 4x8
rows 3x10
cable curls
1 and 2 handed 3x8
cardio 15-30 mins

Wednesday - legs/shoulders/abs

Leg press 12/12/12/10/8
squats 10/7/5/3
lunges 10/7/5
shoulder press 10/7/5/3/1
raises (front/side) 10/7/5
leg ext and curls 15/10/7/5
calf press 3x10
shrugs 3x10
arnold press 3x10
crunches 3x15
leg lifts 3x10
oblique crunches 3x15

This formatting is probably ass but this is my usual routine repeated 2x a week. I've always been told pyramid style lifting, 10 easy ("easier"), 7 medium, 5 hard, 3 max out is good to do, what do you guys think? I'm trying to gain muscle and I want the most efficient routine possible but everything I try besides bb split feels like slacking.

>You can probably just do the first three each day and come out fine.

>one chest exercise per week
>come out fine

>Why do rack pulls and deadlifts the same week? If you can pull heavy that often, just deadlift.

Deadlifts are a lot more taxing than rack pulls my dude.

I found this Veeky Forums version of GreySkull LP. Is this adjustment better geared towards hypertrophy?

I'm sick and tired of doing SL, doing it for 5 months or so, really boring. Should have been more honest with myself and started lifting for aesthetics. I found the PHUL workout as well, maybe switch to that for max a e s t h e t i c s?

An other followup question. Would I be albe to lose 6 kg's of fat and gain 2 kg's of muscle in 2-3 months if my macro's are like this:

183 pounds
Protein: 205g
Fat: 70g
Carbs: 155g
total calories 2060
bf%: 20

thonks

i also do hiit once or twice a week, same with running.

Why? What makes you think that's "efficient"?

You've obviously learned how to work out hard. You also need to learn how to rest hard. Gains happen when you're resting.

You have OHP in there. You're fine. Alternate them with bench on your noob program and you've got chest 1.5x a week.

If rack pulls are less taxing than DLs, you're not using enough weight.

Was concerned about balancing shoulders - my right has been quite rounded from ove ruse in work, mopping, scooping ice cream and all done with my right arm, so was db shoulder press was recommended for that?

my bad, worded that poorly. I'm looking for the most efficient routine, that's why I'm asking. Yea I've been thinking of going on a 4 day split 1 on 1 off but like I said, I feel like a slob when I miss days.

I based top on GSLP, talking to a guy in the weekends routine thread. I'm moving from SL as well, trying to get upper body back on track.

There's no "geared toward hypertrophy." You don't get big without getting strong or strong without getting big.

Also, you won't be able to gain much muscle while losing fat. Better to pick just one goal at a time. You'll accomplish more, faster.

Pec minor release. Put the back of your hand in the small of your back and push against a wall or chair. Feel just below your collar bone for contraction. That's your pec minor. Smash it.

I'd seriously consider a month or six of 5/3/1. You'll learn interesting skills like how to rest, how to pick the most useful assistance exercises, and how to use autoregulation to gauge your training progress. You won't feel like a slob when you're hitting PRs every workout. Promise.

what is 5/3/1? Sorry, when it comes to actually terms I'm a noob.

Here's a detailed explanation:

t-nation.com/workouts/531-how-to-build-pure-strength

Thanks a lot :)

sciatica
do piriformis and hip flexor stretches

STOP
POSTING
THOSE
TWO
AWFUL
PROGRAMS

stand closer to the bar
youtube.com/watch?v=2qIVRgE5yRE&t=557s&ab_channel=OmarIsuf

both are good programs. gzclp is more of a training principle than a set program, while ivysaur's 4-4-8 is more specific.

that is bad, you or another user posting it have already been told so

>autism's a hell of a drug

why is that, mehdi?

it's fine

no, it's bad

SL is trash, and so is your routine, gzc

Please respond.

What's your recommendation then?

depends on the case, I dont just give blanket recommendations if I can help it