Started lifting not even 2 months ago

>Started lifting not even 2 months ago
>OHP 0,8pl8s

How long does it normaly take to reach 1/2/3/4?

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw lifted with poor form so long you pulled something in lower back and can't into squat/DL anymore
>probably going to end up hitting 1.75/2.5 before I ever even get to 3/4

Normally in 6 months you should reach that

could be worse, focus on what ya can :)

>going to start lifting next week
>already OHP 2pl8
i thought it was going to be hard fags

Is that 48kg for 1 rep? 3x5, 5x5?
It takes more than 2 months, evidently. Depends on your starting point. Also, reaching 1/2/3/4 is a lot easier if you're fatty mcfat. Skellies have it harder.

R u me?

>based on no evidence
A reasonable time limit would be 1-2 years for 1/2/3/4. Odds are you'll hit one of them slightly before 1 year. Also definitely depends on how much you weigh, your leverages, and how dedicated you are to strength. Someone 200+ who trains hard could hit them as soon as 6 months, but I'd say in general, you're looking at anywhere from 9 months to 24 months to get all of them. Maybe try playing around on Symmetric Strength to get a better idea, it's definitely better than anecdotes from e-statters.

depends
do you also have one leg longer than the other, causing a pelvic tilt thus making it very hard to keep your back in proper position for squatting/deadlifting?

My Achilles's tendon has been short all my life and causes me to walk on my tip toes.

Makes squats and diddlies difficult. I can bench more than I can squat

OHP does not scale like the others do, post again when you hit 1plx5 with actual stiff legs

jeebus christ

Ohp 55 dumbbells for reps.
Switch over to ohp in the squat rack so I don't have to progress in ten lb increments (don't RRRREEEEE I only do it when no one else around)
I can only do 65 fookin lbs

Feels bad man

>Also based on no evidence

I did it in 8 months without any particular background. Just follow SS and switch at 6 months if still not there.

>Χωρίς τίτλο.png
Ούτε που σηkώνεις βάρη.

I literally said check out symmetric strength, as that's pretty much what it indicates, which is way more evidence than you have. Your anecdote is worth shit.

SS doesn't indicate in how much time you will reach it dimwit

You need yo squat and deadlift properly to fix your back. I know this because I was in the same boat. Strengthening your back will fix it. Work up from the bottom and increase weights in small increments

It literally says at what weight a lifter is considered an intermediate/proficient etc. at and how long that takes per weight class on average. Can you not work backwards because you're too mentally retarded?

Bro that is a meme

The squat rack is literally where youre supposed to OHP. No one expects you to clean the weight off the floor

>can't clean 185 off the floor
how weak are you?

He's following SS and needs to workout in a gym to build and maintain strength.
Probably not very strong at all. Like most of the babby's first powerlifting program shillig faggots on this site.
Well, maybe not the faggot gear heads. They'll slam their heads into a wall for days just to get dem gainz.

No it doesn't

1 rep. Isn't that what people normaly mean by 1/2/3/4?

And yes I am a Skelly.

I feel bad tho since my gym only has 2 racks and a Smith machine, it's like, I shouldn't be wasting people's time taking up a rack lifting my girl weights. Esp with this slow progress

Ωχ σkατα.

It's for 5

3-6 monthson SS is average. If you started on SL it'll take some more (because SL has you start with the empty bar, instead of a heavier but manageable weight), and if you're doing some garbage brosplit or some other bullshit you made up, it can easily take two years.
FWIW, 1/2/3/4 puts huge emphasis on deadlift, for it to be balanced the 4 should really be 3.5

Call me a noob but what the fuck is 1/2/3/4

Depends. I personally think testing 1rm is retarded when you're a beginner so I consider 1/2/3/4 to be for reps

Stop being a pussy you pay for the gym just like everyone else. Its not like youre doing something retarded like curling in the squat rack. Do what you need to do to make gains

You must genuinely be mentally retarded. Go to strength standards, put in your weight, and look at the intermediate section. That's what you can expect to hit in 1 year if you're average. If you take your training seriously, you'll hit it a bit sooner. It's a general guideline. If an OHP of 135 is between intermediate and proficient, you'll probably hit it in 1-2 years.

I hope all you dyels realize that 1/2/3/4 is not balanced whatsoever.

You're a noob

1 plate OHP
2 plate bench
3 plate squat
4 plate deadlift

With "plate" being one 20kg plate on each side of an Olympic (20kg) bar. So 60kg, 100kg, 140kg, 180kg.

That's what I thought but I didn't want to assume. I was hoping to god ohp wasn't the 3 or 4.

Thanks user.

Will do, last ohp question, how do I not hit myself in the face when I lower it?

if you're at 1 rep, you're quite far off 1 plate. ohp is hard to progress after a while, without increasing bodyweight. eat and train hard breh

4 plate OHP is like world record level. Most natural lifters won't ever reach 2.

thank fuck for that. I can barely do .75 pl8 w/olympic bar.

Will do breh. The pain and nausea from eating too much have started going away. I am gaining weight. I got this breh, by the end of November 1pl8 OHP. I GOT THIS BREH. WE ARE ALL GONNA MAKE IT.

Can guarantee you're either A - Done a lot of manual labour etc. or B - You're straight lying, you can't press 225lb untrained as an average person.

how low is your IQ? and no, noone that has only "done a lot of manual labour" would ever come close to a 2pl8 press idiot

Or C baiting retards like you

(You) alert. My step dad was actually a builder and could press 2 plates for 2 reps and never went the gym, thick bone structure and 6'5. Does happen, I was giving the benefit of the doubt.

Where heels?

Bullshit. At 6,4 with 250 lbs I was doing 1,5pl8 benches on my 3rd chest day. I think I could have got 2pl8 but my wrists were hurting bad. I've been doing pushups for a few months on a high protein diet before starting with weights. And I don't think I'm the peak of natural strength. A prime-aged male with good genes who has been working in a dock or idk his whole life would bench 2pl8 without breaking a sweat.

no he couldn't
not bench press, OHP retard. a 2pl8 retard is more like a 3.5pl8 bench

press*

My bad. Yeah, a 2pl8 OHP untrained seems superhuman.

I was a bottom of the barrel DYEL when I started lifting. I mean I sucked so much dick I literally had to get a spotter for 1pl8 lmao bench.

>1 pl8 OHP
Took me about a year. Nearly tore my rotator cuff because again I was a stupid dyel
>2 pl8
Still haven't achieved it. But goddamn I'm close I just passed 200 bench after about 1.5 years
>3 pl8 squat
I have a huge butt/quads from years of biking and snowboarding so it took me about 7-10 months.
>4 pl8 deadlift
This fucker is my white whale. I just got up to lochness after about 1.5 years. My problem is I don't train legs consistently

>How long does it normaly take to reach 1/2/3/4?
What people don't mention is your bodyweight.
Half of the people on here started from 110lbs skeletons and slowly build mass and strength to about 170lbs in their first year.
Meanwhile, others start at 220lb and reasonably tall.

A skinny guy going from a 65lb bench to a 2pl8 in a year is WAY different from a 220lb guy, who probably starts at a 180 bench, adding 45lbs in a year and being only a 5lb bench above his body weight.
tl;dr 180lb guy benching 2pl8s isn't the same as a 200lb guy benching 2pl8s (and so on for the other lifts).

That's why half the retards on Veeky Forums say its a meme and the other half say they repped 1pl8 ohp after 3 months.

There's no real data on where you should be depending on your starting weight and strength after your first year, so it's really self-deluding if you compare yourself to others in this respect.

>slowly
>implying I'm gonna slowly bulk for a year to stop being a skelly
>not unironically doing SS + GOMAD

Woah woah woah, I thought the power pyramid was 1pl curl, 2pl ohp, 3pl bench, 4pl squat, and 5pl dl.

Wtf happened to Veeky Forums?!

>0.8pl8
this meme needs to die, just write the fucking weight you autistic fuck.

That's like 48kg

You can only build so much lean mass at a time.
If you bulk hard, you're going to just gain a lot of fat after your reax the maximal amount of lean mass you can build. You also don't need to bulk hard with noob gains.

Wear squat shoes.

Whatever man, at least I won't be a skelly anymore.

enjoy being a fatty dyel retard, dont say we didnt warn you.

120lb manlet here, low 400 wilks ad 1/23/4 are singles for me, except for the ohp

You don't bulk until you're fat you double nigger

As a fat guy that will probably hit 3 out of the 4 in less than 3 months (5RM ofc), this guy has a point.

Approximtely how long would it take to reach 1/2/3/4 for a woman? I know it would depend on body mass but rough estimation?

1 and 2 will be a bitch to hit, your lower body lifts will be disproportionately ahead.

I have this and that thing where your back is at a slight angle. Should I just squat higher, my buddy is a full blown ATG man but I feel like I'm going to hurt something in my lower back tail bone area. Feels really uncomfortable. Deadlifting is no problem I just can't move the weight up as quickly as I would like to more just curious about the squat form.

this

go by these really

exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.htm

I remember rippetoe talking about a novice he trained who moved a bar weighing 135 from the safeties to the pins by reverse curling it. Genetic freaks do exist

>180
>dl 3pl8 intermediate

What the fuck do you look like.

1pl8 OHP hit on my first day in the gym

2pl8 bench in about 6 weeks

Fuck me if that 4pl8 deadlift isn't a cunt. Still not gotten it.

Eh I expect to hit 1pl8 curl and 1pl8 ohp at the same time.