/fat/ - Why didn't anybody make a new one? edition

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous thread

check out my digits (57 pounds down, 45 to go)

>lost 25 lbs over a few months from strict 16/8 intermittent fasting and 3-4 workouts a week
>work got crazy and i fell off the wagon
>also got back to drinking heavily to cope with the stress
>made poor food choices due to being drunk and/or hungover
>this lasted about a month
>stepped on the scale this morning and i was actually a pound lighter than i was a month ago

i'm ready to get back into things but i'm confused how i didn't gain back any weight. i was probably consuming 1500-2000 calories in beer alone each day. maybe i lost a little muscle, i don't know.

>trying to do ADF while stuck in air force shacks
>have the only roommate who cooks in his room instead of going to the mess like literally everyone else on base
>have to smell his delicious food for half the afternoon
This would be easy as fuck by myself but this shit makes me fucking hungry. Maybe I should have just dinner every day instead of lunch + dinner every other day?

I'm guessing ADF = Alternate Day Fasting?

Sounds pretty ineffective, especially if you're doing PT and other physically demanding tasks.

If you're morbidly obese, to the point where actual exercise is not an option, besides light walking, is fasting the best course of action? Say 3 days of fasting, with 1 day regular eating, with light walking exercise. (20-30 minutes around block is exhausting) The regular eating day will be stuff from the sticky's advice primarily.
And again, speaking about morbid obesity. 300+ pounds at average height, etc. I have to figure nutritional needs can be fine with the 4th day eating really healthy, and since so much fat reserves, 3 day fasts should not be a medical risk unless some genetic abnormality. My actual prime weight would be like 150 or something, so I guess its quite like attaching an entire person to your body at all times. I need to lose an entire person in weight

don't fast, just eat at a 500 calorie deficit. maybe more if advised by a doctor.

every retard wants to get skinny by

you didn't get fat in a short amount of time, it's going to take some time to get in shape

>started at 285 lbs (5'11")
>weighed in at 217 last week
>actually starting to notice face gains

great job. how long have you been losing weight?

I've had plenty of energy for PT, even on days I eat nothing at all. While we have 2 mandatory PT periods a week, I do a lot more on my own time. Shit, it's not even really hunger I struggle with, it's boredom. I'm bored and I want to fucking eat something just to fill up the time.

>weight january 1st, 230 lbs
>started cutting out fast food, candy, sugar and cleaning up my diet
>weight october 2nd, 214.6 lbs
>started counting calories, only eating 1600 calories per day
>today is day 22 of counting calories
>no failures, no cheat days
>weigh myself this morning
>199.6
>below 200 for the first time in years

I'm gonna make it

As for effectiveness, I lost 20 pounds in 1 month, it's pretty fucking effective. I'm slowing down now that I'm not taking my eating/exercise as seriously.

I lost the first 60 in about a year, then plateaued for a few months because I got complacent about counting calories, and now I'm down about 8 lbs in a little over 2 months since getting real strict with calories again

Original goal was just to get under 200, but now I'm thinking I'll probably try to get down to 180

You lost 15 lbs in 22 days? How much physical activity do you do?

I don't exercise at all yet, but I'm going to start soon. I'm 6'1 if you're wondering

you're gonna make it bro

Probably a lot of water weight.

I lost 20 pounds in my first month.

You should celebrate with a trip to Golden Corral. Get three plates full and enjoy for all your hard work.

When will the water weight meme end

Doesn’t matter how much weight you lost. What was your starting and ending body fat % THAT is how you measure success.

the water weight meme is real. before that month i was eating a lot of salty food. pizza, sausages, bacon, etc. when i gave it up, i lost a lot of weight despite not eating at a huge deficit.

a couple weeks ago i had a bad binge and ended up eating a couple pounds of peanut butter. i ended up gaining like 15 pounds but that too went away in about 2 weeks once my sodium levels returned to normal

nice job user. i have the same scale!

Since I started counting calories I've been staying hydrated every day, eating oatmeal, pasta, yogurt, broccoli, kale, green beans, peas, eggs, chicken, and fish (tuna, sardines, tilapia). I'm not eating shit like sausage or bacon, I never eat chips or high salt foods. I've been only getting one small fast food meal a week (burrito and taco from taco bell one day, 2 slices of pizza week after). I haven't done any binging.

Only thing I don't like about it is it seems really inaccurate. It'll vary up to a pound or two within 30 seconds of different weigh-ins

nothing wrong with bangers and bacon m80

I'll assume you are >started cutting out fast food, candy, sugar and cleaning up my diet
fast food typically contains a ton of sodium, which is where the water weight could come into play

Down to 250 as of today lads, thats 66 pounds since I started nearly 8 months ago. I'm starting to feel like a normal human bean again, my xxl large shirts look too fucking big on me now and an xl shirt fits me nicely. Kinda proud of myself since I stopped binging on the weekends like a retard and I have a single day where I eat at my TDEE level. I really have to learn how to cook for myself though.

i failed on day 1 and im discouraged
how am i supposed to deal with the hunger? i just wnat to be hot :(

I started cutting out fast food in january, I only started counting calories in october

here
>tfw all your old clothes are too baggy now and look ridiculous
>still want to lose a significant amount of more weight so I don't really want to go out and spend $500 on new clothes that fit me now
Wat do?

Learn to cook veggies first. Chopping up broccoli for boiling and lettuce for salads is easy peasy and will give you basic knife skills. Salads are so easy I think cavemen invented them.

>$500 on new clothes

How much do you really need?

underwear
a couple pairs of jeans
some shirts

You could probably get by with only $200

cooking is really not that hard, esp if you eat a lot of the same things

put chicken on a baking sheet
season both sides
chop up some veggies and put it around the chicken
cover with tin foil
cook for 50 minutes at 400F

I don't need new underwear, who gives a shit if that's baggy...

I'd say the basics are:
1 pair jeans
1 pair shorts
1 pair dress pants
7 casual button up/polo shirts
1 dress shirt
1 sport coat
1 jacket

I don't think you'd be able to get all that stuff new for less than $400. I check in on my local thrift stores sometimes but it's slim pickings there when trying to find stuff that's the right size AND not hideous

Don’t know what kind of shops are near you, but H&M is great for stuff lke that. They have some decent basic things for very little money.
I’m lucky that I only got fat quite recently so I still have good clothes in smaller szes, even a pair of trousers I never got to wear since I bought them at the start of my fattening.

down 20lbs as of today boys

245>225

day 22 of the water fast

didnt have much energy today, guessing cos of yesterdays workload.

weight is being fuckery atm, i've measured at 215-225, 215 when i was really thirsty, 225 after a lot of water; just gonna use water weighted weight from now, to which it is now 222, im guessing cos of salt retention from electrolyte pills?

would probably be better just to use body fat measurements since i don't know how much water weight i have; i mean CICO pretty much prevents me from gaining weight.

Starting Weight - 262
Current Weight - 223
Goal weight - 175lb

Exercise - 1.5-2 mile cardio / 4-5kg free weights with a lot of reps until i basically tire out

Vitamins/Supplements - B complex, multivitamins, biotin, electrolyte pills x2 (sodium/potassium/calcium/magnesium), vitamin d, fish oil (once a week)

My goal is to fit in that 32in waistline jeans I bought and never wore last time I was losing weight before regaining 50lbs.

jesus dude, 22 days is hardcore. Hope you've got a good trainer/Doctor on hand

Red velvet cake for breakfast lads. I hate myself. I hate myself.

Only had half, so tempted to eat the rest now. Just fapped to distract myself but i cum and now bored

pray the rosary user

Are you literally me

I'm 5'7 230 lbs, wanting to lose 30 lbs by the New Year. I'm going on vacation to Asia, and I know Asians hate fat people.

Thinking about doing 4 weeks of PSMF, and if that doesn't work switching to a water fast. Any idea how long I should accustom myself to eating normal food? I don't plan on maintaining a fast while on vacation, and I don't want foreign food to destroy my digestive system.

>That middle pic tho

Mr olympia when

I had donuts for breakfast a while ago but stayed under my TDEE by eating less the rest of the day and doing more cardio, we are gonna make it user.

I weighed myself on saturday and was dissapointed with the results. Lost nothing and just stalled at 241.8. I had a couple cheat days where i just went fucking crazy eating everything because I caught a nasty cold. I worked phys labor all weekend and kept snacking to a minimum then weight myself again this morning. 240.0 BOYS WE GONNA MAKE IT.

no seriously though. I'm 24 days deep into 1500 cals a day and I'm really happy with progress so far. I'm on track to dropping close to 15lbs this month. 5 of it probably water weight but oh well. I'm almost back into the 230s. My goal before new years is to hit 225 and then 199 from there and probably shoot all the way down to 165 or so.

I've been fat my whole life and I'm looking forward to finally having a flat stomach and not having to worry about my man tits or gut or fat ass not fitting into clothes I want to wear. These first 11 pounds don't really feel like much difference yet though. I think maaaaybe my shirts feel slightly less tight. I usually stretch my shirts out with my hands when I put them on but now they're feeling slightly less tight although I still stretch them out.

What's your diet look like? How long did it take you to drop 20?

Just eat 1200 calories a day and work out. You’ll hit the target or at least get very close, and you won’t have to risk crashing and burning.

Look up snake diet on YouTube. He'll explain how to fast properly.

Woow, your post just reminded me that I haven’t been doing that shirt-stretching for some time now. Didn’t even think about it.

th-thanks

Pls no bully but I'm using Avatar on the moderate fat loss setting, basically just counting macros. Current macros are 220 protein, 250 carbs, 100g fat. Been dieting for about 10weeks and it's been pretty smooth and easy so far

what the fuck. just get a single pair of pants or 2 if you really need them. 4 or 5 shirts, 1 button up for occasions. a sweater, and a jacket if you really need one.

>220g protein (880 calories)
>250g carbs (1000 calories)
>100g fat (900 calories)

so 2780 calories per day?

I'm planning on doing about 800 Calories/day of straight up protein and lifting.

Nice job user. 10lbs is a lot, be happy.

Found some dumbbells in my parents’ attic.
There were 15kg worth of plates. Tried some youtube workouts and they certainly got the heart rate up and made me sweat, but obviously not quite enough weight to do any difference.

However, it’s the first time I’ve lifted since doing some elective classes in 8th grade 15 years ago and it did make me feel good.
Maybe lifting isn’t as soul-crushing as I had convinced myself it would be.

Yeah. I lift 4-5 days a week and have been doing 30-60mins of cardio a day, mostly recumbent bike and incline treadmill

>Why didn't anybody make a new one?

because this general should be nuked, we don't need a safe space for fatties to commiserate and pat themselves on the back

Lifting is great, I enjoy watching the amount I can lift go up more than seeing the scale go down.

Yeah I feel like it’s something I could get into. Will have to talk to my brother about maybe buying some stuff together since he has a lot of space in his new house.
A gym is not going to happen, I know myself well enough for that.

How do y'all set a goal weight? I'm worried I'm going to drop 30 lbs and barely notice a difference.

I’ve set it according to what I’ve weighed before while looking and feeling good.
My goal weight isn’t going to be my end station. It’s where I expect I will have to make a decision on whether I cut even more or start lifting seriously.

>tfw you cut back a lot in the last week but the scale says there's no difference because you've been drinking a lot of water/tea
fuck me. The visual feedback from the scale is half of my motivation

there's a BMI chart in the sticky.

>I’ve set it according to what I’ve weighed before while looking and feeling good.
So that one's out of the question for me

Calculate your body fat percentage, then see how much weight you would have to lose to get to a healthy BF% (say 15%)

>Lost 25kg ez in a few months without problems.
>Now hungry all the time, tired all the time.
Did I burn all the easy to access fat or something?
Also according to sailrabbit my goal for losing 1kg a week is 200kcal lower now, no idea how the fuck I'll manage that.

Just aim for somewhere in the normal BMI range as said, but be prepared to want to cut even more unless you lift a lot.

It’s nice to have some number to aim for, but it shouldn’t be an obsession or the sole focus. Bodyfat percentage is just as important.

It's very difficult/nigh impossible to lose all of your weight at once if you are more than 50-100lbs overweight. Generally after you lose ~10% of your body weight you need to reverse diet and focus on the gym for a couple of months. Once you rebuild your metabolism and put on a little muscle, you will be able to cut on more calories than before until you reach the next plateau.

It's a marathon not a sprint mate. Sucks to think that to keep losing you might have to regain 4kg and put it off for a while, but it will be worth it

There's no way I can deal with a gym though.

then do push-ups or buy a home gym, or man up and go at like 3am when nobody is there , or cry into a tub of haagen daz and be fat forever

haagen daz, my kryptonite

delete this

If you're that fat man you could probably lose a good amount eating just 2500kcal. The biggest thing you have to do is stop lying to yourself in the mirror saying well i'll start today or tomorrow just literally do it man.

Anyone here try Nordic walking?

I just got some trekking poles for hiking, but I do a lot of walking anyway so this might just make it better. It's supposed to use like 40% more energy, or something, and work your arms too (obviously).

I see tons of middle-aged women do it.

The worst part about losing weight is that I don't fart nearly as much, I love the smell of my farts.

currently 209 plateaued for a week now. happened to me at 216. need to start counting from today had a shit week last week.

>were all gonna make it

Speak for yourself!

do calories still count if you force yourself to throw them up? is it worth it for fatguys to use meal replacement powder too?

Yes, like half the calories still count even if you are bulimic. Don't purge you fat piece of shit.

You can use meal replacement powder if you want to not eat real food, but it's better to eat real food.

Confess your wrongdoings.

A beef, cheese and vegimite pie from my work. I cooked and ate it as a meme to see how bad it was. 1600kj/400cals

...it was pretty good

I reached my 30 lb milestone on Friday. It took about 5 months even though I fell off the wagon for a whole month, so more like 4 months. It's a long shot, but I would be so damn happy if I could lose 15 more by my birthday. I'll have to be super strict about my IF, no cheating (gl with that, self) and make every effort to do an hour of walking in the evening in addition to my day workout.

What can I really accomplish in 51 days?

I was dieting and exercising at home because too embarrassed for the gym. Today I decided to be brave and go to the gym.

I was stronger than my own shame of being looked at for being a fatass, I feel so good that I did it and I think I can do this everyday anons.

Thanks for reading my blog

Idk, just thank God for your miracle and keep on the wagon

We don't know, but if your rate is constant at best 10lbs, man.

If you increase your exercise and stick to a strict deficit maybe you can do it. But don't push yourself too hard, your arbitrary time goal isn't worth burning yourself out.

That's good. Now do it every day.

Drank a pint of whiskey and 12 beers on Saturday.

I was too hungover to eat Sunday though so it all worked out calorie goal-wise.

This weekend my wife and I went to a comfy secluded cabin in the mountains and I ate pretty ungodly amounts of junk food. I planned to do it though, and don't really feel bad about it, especially since before that I hadn't had a real cheat day in over 2 months. It was a nice comfy weekend vacation and I'm back on my deficit with even more resolve and ready to lose this last 30 lbs.

Also the good news is that even with the intention of stuffing my face, I'm just not even capable of eating the amounts I could have in my fattest days.

Drank fucking 15 beers last night
Then I drunk-called the pizza place at 2am and got a pizza delivered. Ate it all. Fml

Ha. I started in May and have lost a little less than 30lbs as well.

I haven't even been working out though, just counting calories.

Holy shit user.
Cut out the beer dude

Saw my shoulder vein today. Never seen any vein on my body before.
I’m gonna make it bruhs

Water weight is real and a bitch, but it seems to vary from person to person. But I find that because I stay so "hydrated" the water isn't necessarily being expelled. It's like my urinary system doesn't work by itself. I'm beginning to be super strict about how much and when I drink water. For 2 weeks in mid-October (beginning of those weeks I was 220), I had worked out FAR more than I did in previous months and was pretty strict with calorie counting. What happens when I step on the scale after 2 weeks? I'm 5 lbs HEAVIER. Went on max dose diurex regimen for 2 days, ate almonds at night and 3 days later, I was 7 POUNDS LIGHTER at 218. It's a good thing I know now how retarded my water retention is, because past me would've given up and attempted suicide if I gained 5 lbs after all of my hard work.

Congratulations. You should feel pretty good right now. Keep it going.

He may be the same guy who posts about his beer consumption frequently. I swear some people seem proud of their failures here.

Yeah this isn't common, I drink once a month or so. But when I do... well I certainly do

Word. I can't help but set these dumb time goals haha I've never actually accomplished one before but I guess it keeps me on track.

Congrats friend. Watch how much it speeds up with exercise.

If beer is such a problem for you that just one will make you go nuts, you need to cut it out completely. If you don't have self control, don't indulge.

Just to clarify, that 220 starting weight is a bit misleading. I weighed that after a week of illness and eating sub-1000 for much of that week. I went back up to 222/223 within a couple of days of that 2 week time frame when I was feeling better.