Reminder that the only thing that separates us from animals is us actively...

w8t4u
w8t4u

Reminder that the only thing that separates us from animals is us actively trying to suppress our animalistic desires for sense gratification, for a greater picture in life.

Those who live day by day endulging in food, sex, drugs and other worldly desires are literally animals.

Why has Western society abandoned personal cultivation in exchange for "natural" animalistic ways?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360)

massdebater
massdebater

low iq

iluvmen
iluvmen

There is literally nothing wrong with trying to enjoy life

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Of course it's not "wrong", but it's very "basic" to say the least.

We should at least strive for perfection

Attached: images-(11).jpg (10 KB, 400x282)

Snarelure
Snarelure

A cow led by the ropes on his nose, eats his daily fills, enjoys his life, not knowing death awaits at the next turn.

Evilember
Evilember

Attached: B9B3D41B-D681-4A0C-9FA7-1686BC5B9C01.jpg (21 KB, 200x200)

SniperGod
SniperGod

/thread

RavySnake
RavySnake

Reminder that the only thing that separates us from animals is us actively trying to suppress our animalistic desires for sense gratification,
Wrong in the very first paragraph, what separates us from other animals is:

1. Our big brains. Obvious one this and it's the main reason why there's billions of people.
2. Our opposable thumbs. These enable much easier use of and in combination with the point above a greater variety of tools.
3.Our endurance. This one isn't as known obviously, but we are one of the few animals that can chase prey for days and kill it when said prey is too tired to fight back.

Finally we are all animals period, regardless of what any religion or philosophy might say to the contrary. Our animal desires are part and parcel of what makes us human beings, if you suppress them you become less then a human, not more.

DeathDog
DeathDog

That makes no sense. Ill take a life I enjoy over whatever you are offering. The fuck even is personal cultivation? Doesnt sound like it will improve anything

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Get a load of this Darwinian fool.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Does it not upset you to realize we are no better than swine? Dont you want more?

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Can you not imagine what lies beyond consumption of food, drugs, and sexual desires? Is your mind truly animal-like?

whereismyname
whereismyname

Darwinian fool
Funny word for correct.
Define more. I certainly don't want "more" to the extent that I intend on stopping the pursuit of tasty food, fun times down at the local "massage" parlor and various forms of entertainment.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Animals live better more fulfilling lives

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Metaphysics is pseudo intellectual garbage, we are what we are and nothing more, the only way to become more is with genetic engineering or cybernetic enhancements.

Lunatick
Lunatick

Why has Western society abandoned personal cultivation in exchange for "natural" animalistic ways?
I guess we will never know.

Attached: images.png (4 KB, 194x260)

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

the only way to become more is with genetic engineering or cybernetic enhancements.

Attached: F930E2B9-66B9-424D-92F2-4927E683458B.jpg (11 KB, 225x225)

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

le hat tip meme

Not an argument faggot

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Culteral marxism has poisoned the mind of the west. People thsse days are pig

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Agreed. We all should just stop enjoying eating, sleeping and fucking.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

If it means becoming less of an animal then yet you should supress enjoyment. Life is too short for that

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

every human ever lived is a nigger like me

Inmate
Inmate

have a mind
your mind says it's the most importance thing in your life

Well it would think that, wouldn't it?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Not all of us are lost. There are new personal cultivation movements at work. /pol/ has some great self improvement threads and now we have people like Jordan Peterson guiding the way.

hairygrape
hairygrape

What did he mean by this?

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Except there's nothing wrong with being an animal other then your own tedious insistence that there is.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Jordan Peterson

My fucking sides

Methnerd
Methnerd

Animals cant control their own destiny

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Reminder that the only thing that separates us from animals us actively trying to suppress our animalistic desires
Actually, it's shame. You don't generally have an animalistic desire to shit on your own floor, like a fucking dog, you do however have a desire not to do that because it's shameful, faggot.

Emberburn
Emberburn

Veeky Forums is animalistic, they dont care about more noble persuits here

RavySnake
RavySnake

None of these things are mutually exclusive, fucking doesn't make you worse at promoting progress and less your only image of progress is a bunch of greek statues getting ogled at by virgin jordan peterson followers

RumChicken
RumChicken

Someone who doesn't have basic reading comprehension should take reading class.

eGremlin
eGremlin

Why comprehend reading when one can just engage in animalistic desires? It's definitely a binary choice.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Wrong. Humans are animals and we are each of us in control of our own lives.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Well said. Hedonists truly are the scum of the earth.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

he doesnt believe in determinism
brainletwojack.png

Snarelure
Snarelure

I believe in everything in moderation.

I am the universe and I will have everything I want.

Lunatick
Lunatick

Avoiding mans inhibitions is what all religions have taught since the dawn of humanity.
Indulgence is not a sin.
Decadence is.

Every man must find his balance, it is not the business of any man to find anothers balance.

massdebater
massdebater

will to power. a living being seeks above all else to discharge its strength, nothing else matters.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Nihilism

JunkTop
JunkTop

It's just that now than life is more bearable (in a material sense) people don't find reasons for an ascetical lifestyle. A poor peasant from 1000 years ago had more reasons for seeing hunger resilience and hard physical labour as virtues, which would be hard to conceptualize for a modern office worker or engineer.

askme
askme

Reminder that the Buddha was a blue-eyed Aryan, and that sand rat religions are garbage.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Reminder that Buddha wouldn't give a fuck about how you see him as an Aryan, and that you are icchantika scum to obsess over the illusion of svabhava.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

t. mudshit

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Romanticism

RavySnake
RavySnake

The organization known in German as Der gruppen die Einsatz, was of purely an anti partisan persuasion.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

der gruppen
kys amerimutt

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Holy shit you've done this in so many threads, the sheer level of anal-annihilation which must have inspired you to sperg out this way must have been a thing of beauty to behold, I wish I was in the thread that triggered you this hard

Attached: Bundesarchiv-Bild-101I-394-1499-06,-Russland,-gefallener-deutscher-Soldat.jpg (56 KB, 534x800)

Skullbone
Skullbone

Desire is the root of suffering.

DeathDog
DeathDog

Desire is the root of suffering therefore to set ourselves apart form animals we must master self control and nullify our desires.

RavySnake
RavySnake

Last time I checked, Buddha was a wealthy man with all the luxeries I could dream of.

It is said he was so in love with his wife that as he was fucking her her fell off the roof and never even noticed

Attached: 1493456512bahubali12.jpg (94 KB, 620x450)

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit