How do I work side delts without inpingement

Doing side raises or raising my arms overhead hurts the "inside" of my shoulders. How can I safely develop the side delts in this case?
I tried the "full can" side raise in the scapular plane, but when I touch my shoulder with the other arm, it's clear that the side raise barely contracts and it's the front delts doing most of the work.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Om0Bm4g66Ro
youtu.be/PJ_kayODqG8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=Om0Bm4g66Ro

listen to rich

body weight lateral raises

damn that makes a lot of sense

Wouldn't throw out lateral raises with dumbbells entirely, though. Probably a good idea to superset one with the other. Look at the angle of the cable at the top of the raise. The angle is dependent on your height but for Rich it's around 30 degrees to his arm. The force causing tension on his deltoid is only the component of the force perpendicular to his arm. To calculate the perpendicular force, we multiply the tension in the cable by sin(30). Sin30 = 1/2. That means the tension on your delt at the top is only 1/2 the tension at the bottom. Adding dumbbell exercise will train your delt at the top.

youtu.be/PJ_kayODqG8

do this for shoulder pain

Instead of having your arms out like wings, still raise them but keep your forearm at a right angle, make sense?

Going to parallel on lat side raises is a stupid meme that needs to die. You only need to go until you start feeling any stretch in your traps. This should be before you experience any pain

BRRRRRAAAAAAP

SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFF

I see her posted everywhere, sauce?

i knew it.

Goddamn I can smell that picture

Barbell OHP, light weight and do 5x10

Lean forward and always ALWAYS keep your shoulders locked down and back.

Anytime you aren't internally rotated, you open yourself up for impingement.

I do thousands of lat raises every week. Never ever have a problem

>anytime you aren't internally rotated
nibba wut? thumbs down aka internal rotation is exactly how you kill your shoulders

do this. i stopped fucking my shit up by doing lateral raises like this

BRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP

first, lower the weight then do this

do the side raises, BUT lean your body over 45 degrees

now youre not only working the side delt, but also the rear, which is often neglected hard plus your not harming your rotator cuff but actually strengthening it

Brap

Don't so this.

Bring the dumbbell past your shoulder will only mess up your rotator cuffs and it won't give you anymore side delt benefits

When I lean over, it's actually even more painful.

ARNOLD PRESS

is shit for side delts

>BRAP intensifies