/FAST/ NO TIME FOR FOOD SHINE EDITION

PREV THREAD: /FAST/ FASTING GENERAL
What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

IF AND LIFTING:
leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html?

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
selfhacked.com/blog/autophagy-benefits-and-how-to-harness/
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/auto.1.3.2017?needAccess=true

>reddit fag that did a 77 day water fast, notice how he is not 1)dead or 2)looks like a wrinkled vagina
reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/573gkb/just_completed_a_77_day_fast_ama/
PMC3106288/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

Current pet project: Does yogic breathing encourage stem cell production and healing?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5052382/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GgQt9CpTI4g
jamesclear.com/the-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for fasted workouts

first for fasted talks with pretty ladies

first for failing my fast at 27 hours.
was shooting for 5 days.

maybe next time.

>he fell for the fast meme
The only fast I know is eating fast lmao

>that phresh phuckin meme

I don't know who you are or what holes you may or may not have, but I will let you know that this meme inspired such a level of mirth inside my countenance that I am willing to tenderly love all of them at this moment in time

I made it last night (tonight) while procrastinating on a project that's due in 16 hours

2am also happens to be the time I'm most productive.

You're welcome lmao

I too know the feel of procrastinating on huge projects until late in the night. Good luck dude

>fasted sleeping
I sleep like a brick now on OMAD, this is like discovering keto sleep all over again

who /sleepfast/ here? i only sleep 3 days a week and eat on those days

>ISHYGDDT

I'm on my second day of water fast.
I'm 74kg. I just want to lose these 4kgs. Should I go on until 5-7 days?
Feeling good, feeling under control.

Also: fasting is making me realize how much pleasure I take from eating. It's bizarre: sometimes I'm not actually hungry, I just want to put something tasty in my mouth to get 'dopamine'.
Its also funny because sometimes I get a craving for SPECIFICALLY eating a big bowl of lettuce, arugula and cherry tomatos, all that drizzled in olive oil.

Fatfag here, looking to get into fasting, just have a couple of questions;

I'm guessing alcohol is a big no-no, anything else? Smoking, Pot, etc?
I'm currently at University, will Fasting fuck with my memory retention at all?
Is it viable to go on and off fasting? (ie 3 months of continuous intermitent fast, 1 month of not)

I only can have fast sleep after cocaine

whats wrong with it?
if you are fat, why are you smoking pot and drinking? why are you trying an extreme diet without changing your lifestyle first?

and yes fasting is an extreme diet, but a healthy one. intermittent fasting isn't even fucking fasting because of how easy it is for normal people and it will probably make someone like you binge

The pic from Manhwa "Sweet Guy"

>If you are fat, why are you smoking pot and drinking?
Man, didn't know that Chris-chan browsed Veeky Forums too.

>Asking why are you trying an extreme diet without changing your lifestyle first?
>changing my lifestyle
>by trying an extreme diet

Seems pretty fucking obvious, user.

How many grams of carbs per day do I have to stay under to maintain ketosis?

>dude it’s just weed and alcohol none of that is making me fat quit judging my character
there are fat threads and reddit for people like you. another reminder: fasting, in the diet world, is going without eating for more than 48 hours. you can’t even do IF.

i'm cutting at university and i'm broke as fuark
should i get back into fasting to speed up my cut and save money until i get paid? i don't wanna lose what little gains i made this year

Been gradually weaning myself off food during the weekdays since I got back from my holiday.

This is my fourth week and I can do omad at 8pm when I get in from work easily, have no hunger anymore. If eat all my 2000 cals in one meal will I still lose weight?

You will lose weight only as long as you stay under TDEE no matter what diet, IF or omad won't change that.

I've been doing on and off IF for the last few weeks. If I want to start a multi-week fast, is there anything I should do to ease into it? Or it good enough to just stop?

progressive overload my man. once you are comfortable doing IF (consistently), start doing 1-2 full day fasts per week. then transition into alternate day fasting.

also, going low carb will help with everything.

Jason Blaha Is Anti-Keto

youtube.com/watch?v=GgQt9CpTI4g

>Literally Who
>We thought cancer could only feed on glucose, but they can also feed on ketones
nigga that's not a negative, that's a positive that turned out to be a neutral
>my LDL went up
Dietary fat doesn't effect LDL levels maybe you should try not eating chemically cured bacon you dumb bitch
>I was also less lean on Keto
CICO
>You are literally killing people right now, you could be charged with negligent manslaughter
Jesus christ this guy's retarded

might not lose weight but you could change body comp

what do you mean?

You might lose fat and put on muscle in return.
I doubt by a lot though.

>day 4
>hands and feet cold constantly
>desire to fap completely gone
>not even traps get me going anymore

is this normal?

Keep on going and when you see the light don't stop.

Reading through this at the moment. What are Veeky Forumss thoughts?

jamesclear.com/the-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting

You're welcome.
I'm on day 3 of Intermediate. It's really not that difficult and I am an construction worker (electrician) I am on a high fat no carb intake for 2 months. Decided to add fasting.

Anyone?

>jamesclear.com/the-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting
if you are male and average height you will lose weight on 2000 cal. assuming you weight over 180 pounds

Finishing my IF cut next week. Should I keep doing IF when bulking?
>inb4 leangains
Fuck that, I'm not training fasted anyways, since I don't have the time to do so.
Question is: If I eat the exact same calories, will there be any difference if I do that throughout the day or with IF?

You're asking if you should keep fasting if you are still feeling good?

Yes. I'm on day 16. There is no danger :)

>it’s really not that difficult
because that isn’t fucking fasting, it’s skipping breakfast. you’re going less than 6 conscious hours without eating.

you terry crews intermittent window faggots are so insufferable. to do IF, you eat one meal every day and your window is a few hours at most. if you aren’t doing at least 20/4, you’re just placeboing yourself. get out.

Even if you are a 127 lb male at 5'10 in height, your TDEE is still 1850.

So 2000 cals per day is accurate pretty much always except for 80lb asian school girls

nigger you need to relax

>Not even trap get me going anymore

Wow, seems like fasting cured your mental illness. We should put that in the basic info post

disinfo can go to reddit where they argue about coffee breaking fasts. why come into a fasting thread to post irrelevant and ineffective methods? an 8 hour eating window completely negates the purpose of portion control for fat people

wait, does coffee break fast?

no, but must have it blake

I fasted for 7 days last month and it was alright.
I feel like fasting again. Maybe I'll shoot for two weeks this time.

Yeah, it gets easier after you've gotten over carbs/keto flu.

im on day 23 of my first water fast, days 11-23 were way easier than the first 10.

you can do it lad.

Who else here doing alternate day fasting?
Been eating 3k kcal a day and lifting and next day full fast and cardio
Working great so far

How much weight have you lost?

You were already cutting before you started keto, right? Cold extremities and lowered libido are both symptoms of prolonged calorie restriction.

Started at 262, i'm at about 220 atm.

No loose skin but face and arms/legs look skinnier.

So is it ever worth water fasting since you lose muscle? Or is water fasting just for fatasses?

Muscle loss while doing an extended water fast is minimal and recovers quickly after breaking the fast, you daft cunt read the OP.

Damn son. Has anyone else noticed on your sudden weight loss?

I'm currently at 80kg and want to drop down to 70. How long do I need to fast? About two weeks should do?

Friends and some coworkers.

I just tell i'e been exercising and doing a hard diet, its better than saying i haven't eaten in october.

tell them i've**

t. fatass

I'm gonna try IF, it fits my uni schedule super well. When should I work out though? After the first meal?

Kek
I think this is actually funny

So it's bad to lift while on a water fast, right?

Do you guys just do cardio?

I'm doing water fast, 2 days in.

When does the autophagy starts exactly?

this shit meme diet has gone way too far

Guys, i'm doing water fast since October 14th and i can't feel my feet since yesterday, is this normal ?

Are you taking enough sodium/potassium?

If not you are fucking yourself my man

Light lifting is good on a fast. It signals your body not to use muscle for fuel since it's being used. Just don't go balls to the wall

By not going balls to the wall I assume you mean don't shoot for progressive overload, rather for maintenance. Correct?

Should I just do a normal 3x5 but lower the weight and not increase it?

I feel so dumb for asking but can I eat chupa chups if I'm intermittent fasting?
They're only 40 cals which is less than my preworkout.

I'm not gonna go binge on them because 10 of them is already 400 cals obviously, but like during the day if I woke up at 7 and don't break my fast until 4 having one couldn't hurt could it?

what lifting program do you guys do when you are fasting

Dropped 30 pounds in two months with alternate day fasting

Granted, I had fucking plenty to lose

But this is my new favorite cutting method

>10pm on a fasting day, settling into bed
>So hyped about breakfast coming up
So much fun

does cum break the fast?

You will make more gains but it will be harder to get all your calories. Just be sure to cook big meals instead of snacking in the feed window.

Im really worried about getting a heart attack or suffering from potassium loss whem I do my fast. Does anyone have any info on this? (water fast)

>18 hour fast
>break fast with three hard boiled eggs
>feel full before I even finish

What is this black magic?

Experienced this too. Fasting really makes you not want to eat at all anymore.

I honestly don't know if I should be glad or worried. On one hand it's better than always feeling hungry enough to eat way over my tdee, on the other hand I've got gains to make.

Defeats the main purpose of a fast. It's gonna raise insulin by quite a bit since it's pure sugar. It's about the worst little snack you could have while fasting. It'd be better to eat a tablespoon of coconut oil than that. But while fasting you shouldn't be eating anything with calories or artificial sweeteners. Stick to black coffee, non fruit teas, and water. Maybe some salt supplements if you need.

Yep. Lower the weight to something that won't make you really sore the next day. Something good to maintain your muscles. Don't worry if you get a little sore tho

If I'm a skinny skellington, is IF or OMAD still for me?
Tips for vegetarian IF?

Do you have trouble gaining weight? Will you feel uncomfortable eating in a surplus in one meal?
>tips
Don't eat anything when fasting, there is no secret.

Moving from keto+IF+prolonged to carbs+OMAD because I had trouble studying these days.
First meal with carbs(100g) made me fell like shit, still having trouble focusing on really hard stuff.

Funny fact: After a few hours I'm having that "keto taste" in my mouth again. Can't really see a reason why, maybe It takes time to switch to glucose?

rule of thumb is 50g but it *can* vary from person to person based purely on metabolism and genetics

do you poop after prolonged fasting? Like, after two weeks?

you dont, your body wont create poop out of nothing.

Awesome. I have irrational hatred of pooping and poop in general.

>user it's not healthy to skip meals

How do I deal with that shit ?
I don't want to be bloated again

just show them by becoming beautiful bro

also interesting to hear you get bloated too, I thought it was just me

You get the taste because your body is flushing out ketones instead of using them.

>because of how easy it is

That's not how the body works. The level of difficulty involved in something doesn't denote how effective it will be. IF works because it's an easy way to maintain a caloric deficit. It's ease of accomplishment is what makes it superior.

Dude don't forget that most neuronal autophagy kicks off by 12 hours and GH levels hit 220% over baseline at 16 hours

I'm a skinnyfat skelly but want to cut to 12 percent bf, will doing adf and keto at a 500 cal deficit destroy muscle?

Would a 2-day fast fix the damage I've done to myself after a family meeting?

uh actually i had a shit on day 6 or something. it was very liquidy and it smelled much worse than normal, but it was definitely a bowel movement

watch snake diet juice on jew tube

It's only day two and I've had watery poo

About week 2 of OMAD, lost almost 6KG

amazing, you doing keto as well?
What is your meal make up?
About to start omad and keto myself

Then supplement with potassium while you are fasting user. How is this hard?

Of course alcohol is a big a no-no alcohol is incredibly caloric dense.

Pot isn't going to fuck up your fast if you don't eat, but I think you seriously misunderstand how much smoking pot contributed to you becoming a fat fuck. Pot makes you hungry, thats science dude.

Alright i read the sticky and I'm planning on diving into a 1+ week water fast. It's already been 24 hours since I last ate and I feel fine. I have sea salt at home I can use as a supplement if necessary.

My question is: What, if anything do I need for potassium? I've seen that mentioned several times.