Routine thread

Didn't see one up, been running this for 2 weeks and I can do the whole workout start to finish while progressively adding weight, haven't plateaued yet, however do you think I'm doing too much for a beginner? I'm drinking a massgainer and eating a lot but sometimes miss my surplus for the day, worried I'm wasting away here

>wall sits

Looks extremely retarded. Do SS with dips on deadlift day.

fat t rex pls go

Most people write it as sets x reps

>not doing 15 sets of heavy curls

Already did stronglifts also yeah, don't want trex
Didn't know

AxBxA, BxAxB

A:
Squat 3x5
Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Chinups 3xBW
Neck Extensions and Curls 4x20
Closegrip Incline Press 3x6-10
Incline DB Curls 3x6-10
Band Face pulls 4x20
Calf Raises 4x20

B
Squat 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
Power Clean 5x3
DB Rows 3x6-10
Glute-Ham Raise 3xBW
Neck Extensions and Curls 4x20
DB Supinating Curls 3x6-10
Lying Triceps Extension 3x6-10
Band Face pulls 4x20
Calf raises 4x20

Can someone give advice? Been in the gym and been running GSLP adding in some accessory work:

AxBxAxx / BxAxBxx

A:

Front Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Pendlay Row 3x5
Lat Pulldown 3x8
Chest press 3x8
Curls + db row SS 3x8
Face pulls 3x8
Assisted pull-ups 3x8

B:

Diddly 3x5
Bench 3x5
Pendlay Rows 3x5
Shoulder press 3x5
Leg press 3x5
Leg extension 3x5
Seated Row 3x5

Looking at introducing some core work but honestly have no fucking clue what to include, I guess just body-weight shit like plank/bridge, or am I missing some accessories that might help develop my main lifts?

>20 sets of calf raises

Will greyskull give me a good strength base? I dont really care that much about aesthetics, i just dont like squatting three times a week. Also, what are some good accessories to add to phraks greyskull LP?

Hes only doing three in each set, it couldnt be that bad.

Way too many accessories already

Is this any good?

Looks like shit

>deadlifts after heavy squat day
>heavy OHP after bench day
>3x10 deadlifts
>heavy bench after shoulder volume day
>lat-pulldown and not pullups/chinups
Trying to reinvent the wheel. Just stick to SS or Greyskull LP or something.

Self bump

Greyskull is perfectly fine, user. You may want to put squats and deadlifts at the beginning at the routine because they're the most intense and energy-taxing, but that's up to you.

Thanks. I already moved chins and rows before deadlifts because i didnt want my grip to be fucked. Yesterday i didnt have a problem squatting after benching so i should be fine for now.

I really don't know why you guys don't like my routine. It's literally what chad would do

>Rows on push day
>OHP and Bench one after the other

seems like too little.

Everyone with strength / good looking body at my gym does like 50 sets on chest, back, arms, whatever they're doing that day.
But all the advice on Veeky Forums is a handful of compound lifts 3-4 times a week. What to do
>pls respond

Depends on how strong you are and where your goals lie. What you posted is a noob routine, and you don't need much volume to get gains as a noob.

Those people have been lifting for years. Any routine will get you results. Doing a few compounds is all you need unless you inject.

upright rows mostly target lateral delts and I can't do side raises bc shoulders are snapped
have to focus on strict barbell OHP bc they go heavy on the lateral delts aswell
can't focus much on lower chest bc of gyno and pseudo gyno

>bitch shoulders
>excuses off the charts
>lmao gyno
You don’t sound like chad

kek
you're right though, I should stretch more to fix my shoulders and lose more fat

Add, choose new workout routine to the list too

WHY
pls tell me

Would hammer curls on monday, lat raises on wednesday and tricep dips and facepulls on friday be appropriate assistance excercises for pic related? Im open to any recommendations.

sure

Forgot pic

thought so. You're just mad I'm escaping fat t-rex mode with high injury risk and fucked up joints in my 40s

"fat t-rex with fucked up joints and back in my 40s"-mode

My calfs are embarrassingly small brah

and triples do it for you? Why not 6-15 reps? Best do what feels best though

>best do what feels best
Best way to stay dyel

>lifting is a highly complex sport that needs a very precise approach or else you make no progress at all
I lift with this dude that does some weird split and usually does 3x10 or less reps per exercise and he benches 120 kg after 4 years of training

So this average at best bench progress proves your point?

Monday
Squat 3x3,3x5
Bench 3x3, 3x5
Deadlift 1x5, 3x3

Tuesday
Rest

Wednesday
OHP 3x3, 3x5
3-1-3 Tempo Squat 4x5 @80% of mondays load
Weighted chins 3x8
Power cleans 3x3

Thursday
Rest

Friday
Squat 5x5 (increase by 2.5 or 5 lbs from mon)
Bench 5x5 (increase by 1.25 or 2.5 lbs)
Deadlift 1x5 (increase by 2.5 or 5 lbs)

Saturday - GPP
extra arm and lat work + ab work for 20 min
conditioning for 25 min

Sunday
Rest

Thoughts? I'm an intermediate strength trainee

if he makes good progress doing 20x3 why change? It's not like as soon as he switches to 5x10 his calfs double in size
There are many ways of appling the principle of progressive overload and it's mostly improved through try and error. Just because SS etc is highly efficient for everybody doesn't mean it is what everybody should do

For a novice which you probably are since youre asking about this program, no this is not good for you. Maybe for an intermediate or advanced

>Just because SS etc is highly efficient for everybody doesn't mean it is what everybody should do
That is so dumb my dude, why even bother posting. And obviously he admitted he has shit calfs, maybe that's because he is doing the most retarded rep scheme possible?

goddayum poppy is soo much hotter with brown hair

>Maybe for an intermediate or advanced
>add 5 pounds for upper, 10 pounds for lower EVERY workout
did you even read it?

>sets of 3 and 10 for a novice
dumb as fuck
it's a bad beginner program but might work for and advanced or intermediate without the big weight jumps

>SS makes everybody very strong very fast
>everbody wants to be very strong
SS focuses too much on legs, explosivness (wtf) and caloric surplus. If somebody is interested in aesthetics he has to cut and fix big imbalances. SS is not for everybody, deal with it

It's a shit program all around, dont get what you are on about.

wtf are you even talking about dude, i never said shit about ss but keep on keeping on

what else were you talking about? That I wandered a bit from the subject?

Anyway to improve this? Any comments?
I run it PPLPPLx

Every huge guy I've met had no clue what SS is and laugh when I tell them it's just three compound movements for 15 reps.
The guy that put this up looks like he lifts so I want to copy his aesthetic, is it good?

thinking any workout is going to give you aesthetics as a bigger is ridiculous. Obviously the exercises are fine on that, but the progression rate is laughable especially over 4x8, hope you are on the juice

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Deadlifts: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
Seated Rows (circuit machine): 3x8-10
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
Barbell Bicep Curls: 4x-10-12
Hammer Curls: 3x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3x8-10
Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
StandingCalf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12

Coolcicada's PPL. I know this is an intermediate routine but I'm doing it as a beginner because I want some aesthetics gains while maintaining strength and I love going to the gym almost everyday.

Any tips?

add curls

ACBxACx BCAxBCx

A: 3x5 OHP
3x5 chinups
3x5 squat

B: 3x5 bench press
3x5 barbell rows
3x5 squat

C: 4mile run at sub 8min pace
4x12 pushups

Second lifting day is always deadlift instead of squats so second A/B of the week
Probably going to increase mileage on my runs since I want to run a full marathon in April, I have already run a half marathon.

R8 me

I realized today why people keep asking if this routine is good or recommending it
it is featured in the recommended programs on r/fitness
those fucking retards

it's bad, now stop asking every single fucking thread
>normies that do brosplits dont know SS
wow, colour me surprised
that routine is bad, stop asking literally every single thread

Add some lower body assistance and you're golden. Perhaps ghr and back extensions? That way you've got 2 assistance exercises a day

Anyone tried the candy toes 4 day LP routine? Might give it a shot to mix things up.

what do you guys think of this routine? I want to try a 4 day split and upper lower seems boring.

Monday
Squat or box squat 2 x 5
Glute/Ham Raises or pullthroughs 3 x 10
Bent Row or Chest Supported row 4 x 6
Barbell or Dumbbell Curl 3 x 8
Calf Raises 3 x 15

Tuesday
Bench Press or low board press 3 x 5, or 3 x 3
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 8
Military or Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3 x 8
Skull Crushers 3 x 10
Ab work 3 x 10

Thursday
Deadlift or rack deadlift 2 x 5
Leg press 2 x 10
Chin or lat pull-down 4 x 6
Barbell or Dumbbell Curl 3 x 8
Calf Raises 3 x 15

Friday
Incline bench press or Incline Dumbbell Press 3 x 5, or 3 x 3
Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 8
Military or Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3 x 8
Tricep pushdowns 3 x 10
Ab work 3 x 10

forget the box squat and board presses unless you train for powerlifting and need to work on sticking points within this lift. Other than that looks good

Thanks man

Also switch skullcrushers with lying triceps extentions. It's like a SC but with greater rom cuz it works all 3 heads of the tricep. Look up the tutorial from mark rippetoe on youtube

my queen

On back/bi day I'd consider removing some machine exercises and adding chin ups/pull ups, or bent-over barbell rows.

And on leg day maybe do some research on leg extension/curl machines. I've read they can be bad for the knees and in general don't do much for your legs. If you're doing heavy deadlifts your hammies should be getting worked, but another alternative is good mornings.

Should probably be way more focused on compounds and less reliance on machines, but I have no ground to stand on cos I did the same thing when I started.

That was directed to