/fat/ Halloween is coming

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous thread

Confess

will swimming help my body/weight loss at all?

yes...

Yes, swimming is the GOAT cardio method, one of the very few which won't fuck up your joints.

Swimming will actually help you gain weight. Have you ever stepped out of a pool and noticed how heavy you were? That's all water weight you put on by soaking up all the water, some small part of which actually gets converted into fat deposits. It's a small contribution but you won't get a net loss of weight by swimming. You're better off doing a real exercise like spinning or shaking (which are really good for weight loss as they physically force the fat cells off your body which are later excreted out).

I've broken my food fast for 23 days father.

day 23 of water fast

i dont know why my weight is fluctuating so much, must be water weight from salt retention? took blood pressure at my GP, perfectly fine atm, used to be pretty high.

Starting weight - 262
Current weight - 221 (/w salt retention)
Goal weight - 175

Exercise - 1.5-2 mile cardio / 4-5kg free weights with a lot of reps until i basically tire out

Vitamins/Supplements - B complex, multivitamins, biotin, electrolyte pills x2 (sodium/potassium/calcium/magnesium), vitamin d, fish oil (once a week)

hide this if you dont want a blog.

Biochemist here, this is roughly true but you're wrong about the water weight part. When you expose your epithelial cells to excess amounts of water, a chain reaction of osmosis occurs which leads a long chain of water transport tunnels to your fat cells, inflating them and increasing the required energy needed to deflate them.

If you spend a lot of time around water you're better off trying out a food fast diet and avoid as many liquids as possible.

>I don't know why weird shit is happening to my body after pulling some meme David Blaine stunt instead of eating well and exercising
>I'm fine tho lol

what's next for the meme dieter?
eat for few days and then get back to it?

The effects of nutrition on intelligence are well documented, so my best guess is that the reason he's pretending that what he's doing to himself is healthy is because the lack of nutrition is interfering with his ability to reason. It's a vicious cycle of stupidity and self harm that must be stopped.

>tfw won’t go under 100kg by New Year’s
Damn it

It's not fat though. Just water. You're still burning fat.

weird stuff, its just water retention and the effects of fasting up to 28 days are well documented, learn to read before you criticise something.

low calorie diet to minimise rebounding back.

You mean the effect of nutrition or malnutrition on the development of the brain, the adult brain is mostly developed in your early 20s you retard.

How would fasting affect this or are you just making up retarded shit?

Do you know what does affect your brain though when you're an adult, shitty carbs and sugars that you keep eating because you're pathetic; being fat makes you less intelligent, so you must weigh a ton.

Do you retards think you actually starve on a fast when you have body fat?

Your brain utilizes ketones as a energy source better than glucose, glucose is just more easily available, I really despise these retards who can't read studies.

I eat below my TDEE but can’t break 160 for my fucking life. How long do you plateau for?!

How much have you still to lose?

I'm not reaching normal BMI before the end of January. Also goal weight at September next year, hard to find motivation.

The funniest part of your statement is that some studies have suggested caloric restriction below TDEE actually impairs cognitive function.

Whereas fasting has been proven to promote neurogenesis in the hippocampus.

Started at 122 in early September. 111 now. I can’t really complain, the first couple of weeks just made me too optimistic.
I’ll get there soon enough.

what do you lads do to make the urge to constantly eat, even when you're not hungry, to go away

Don't be a faggot

gum, lots of water to fill your stomach

My glasses are becoming loose and I don’t always feel like my cheeks are touching the glass.

>be 84 kg at start of January
>start counting my calories and training 4-5 days a week
>drop to 77 kg by April
>move to new project, absolutely swamped by work and papers since then
>eat like shit, snacks, pies, lots of alcohol, stop training
>don't feel much fatter but it couldn't be good for me
>finally done with some big deadlines, take my first few days off this week
>go to the gym for the first time sine April yesterday
>weigh myself before training
>78 kg

t. sorceror

Who else here /defying the laws of thermodynamics/ by eating 1000 calories a day but still gaining weight?

No one and neither are you.

What's the /fat/ equivalent of a gains goblin?

A loss lich? A bodyfat bandit? A calorie cuck? Homeostasis hobgoblin?

Eat 200 calories less and exercise more for one week to see if your TDEE is overestimating your calorie intake. I plateaued around 150 and couldn't lose more until I found out that my TDEE was inaccurate and I had to adjust it by lowering it in terms of calorie consumption and adding more exercise. In just one week, I was losing weight again. The TDEE cals should not be taken as gospel.

CALORIE THIEVIN'

a lipochaun

>lipochaun

heh

DAILY REMINDER THAT SODIUM MASKS ALL WEIGHT LOSS

AVOID ALL SODIUM TO LOOK ALPHA AS FUCK

I do other shit. I have hobbies to occupy my time. If you're bored, you'll focus on food. If you stay in the house with nothing to do, you'll focus on food. Go out and do shit.

>not eating loads of sodium so you can cut it out and lose 10lbs in a day

eat pickles, they're super low cal but taste like junk food

Nailed it.

was doing good for lunch but then ate 20 fuckin pizza rolls for no goddamn reason

i feel lethargic at work now this is not good

but next time I will leave as soon as the main meal is finished. no reason i need to stay around more food to make things worse.

Have sex with my gf.

Chug water until you don't feel hungry anymore.

How much weight? Of that 1000 calories how much is sodium laden trash? It could be water retention.

Or you're just a fat fuck who doesn't count his snacks as calories.

6'2" 300, down from 330 4 months ago. I'm currently losing on a 2000 kcal per day diet. The problem is I'm also currently on amphetamines, if I stop taking them I'm worried I'll get fat again even if I maintain 2000 kcal per day. Does anyone know many calories amphetamines actually add to you BMR?

>go to local Rec center gym for a good number of months
>everyday I would walk in, quickly say good morning to the cute receptionist and swipe my card as fast as possible because social anxiety and autism
>finally made some small talk with her yesterday and today
>actually held a conversation

I know it may seem pathetic as fuck but it honestly is a big deal to me. I feel more confident and just gained a shred of self-worth, compared to when I was a landwhale and always kept to myself. I'll keep at it, practice makes perfect.. /blog

I was 70kg a few days ago I weighed myself after 2 days and I weighed 68kg I've been working out each day and not eating any junk food or drinking any sodas but now I'm 68.8kg. I don't know what I'm doing wrong bros.

I have milk and ceral then nothing but training, then some popcorn chicken to stop the stomach pains after hours working out without having anything then chicken for dinner, workout again then a cup of tea and a bit of bread. Should I cut the popcorn chicken?

You should stop guessing and instead calculate your TDEE and start counting calories, not by eyeballing, but by weighing and measuring.

Well I made it by guessing so far from 170kg but I suppose you're right.

Welp. Was 150 kg, dropped to 142 on IF, had a relapse and I'm at 146 now. Fuck that, I'm getting back on IF and going to the gym - I'm disgusted with myself and mad I made so much progress and fucked it up for some sweet shit.

How the fuck do you people get so fat?

It often times starts at shitty parenting. Pretty sure a lot of people here were obese even as a child.

Poor decision making, lack of self control, little to no long term planning...

most just overeat over many years. you just a little extra to gain over a year. like 2.7 gram of extra fat a day make you gain kg in a year.
now imagine it's a beers and kebab after parties. or seasonal sweets.

sometimes its change of activity level. or mental like depression or lack of self control

Alcoholism and depression.
Lots of calories in the bottle.

I went from a /fat/ bmi to underweight bmi through extreme restricting and exercise. Now I'm back here because I've binged/stress ate this last month and gained about 30 pounds. Why can't i have a normal relationship with food, lads? Why is it so hard to get back on the wagon?

>start dieting
>get weak as fuck
>cave everytime
>finally stick through the weakness

now i'm not even hungry anymore to the point where it's scary

is it safe to only eat like 700 calories a day? the fuck is going on with my body

bit(e) by bit(e)

I ate a whole Pizza hut meat lovers today.

>Tfw I ate the whole thing

i think of it like it's a lifestyle change not a diet. i need to form the habits now to keep control permanently. i mostly do it through discipline while shopping.
weight can go up and down a lot during a week like if are water loaded or Pre/post shit. if the long term trend is fine just forget it. but you can check if count the calories more closely.

>tfw getting compliments on weight lose
I lost 35lbs over the summer, and I haven't really noticed a difference myself, but it's cool that others are noticing

So long as you're getting all your daily required nutrients you don't need to eat any calories per day (provided your body still has fat stores to use instead). There's documented cases of obese people getting fed up with themselves to the point where they quite eating cold turkey and just take vitamin supplements so they don't die.

I used to view it as a life style change but i guess with most eating disorders it went from restricting "bad" foods to all foods. At my worst I was eating like 100 calories max and still going to work and doing school. I think I broke my brain and body because now I never feel full, no matter how much I eat.
/blog

I think it was just stress eating with me.
I was always bullied as a kid and hated sports.

maybe try to learn cooking lots of new stuff ? thats helped me to like new healthy options and adjust portion size.

Raised in a fat house and got fat super young. Then by the time i realized what was wrong i had already developed the "fat" habits.

Then factor in depression from life and realizing how much of a fat piece of shit i am, no willpower etc.

They're also like 50% of your sodium for the day.

Broccoli and cauliflower. Negligible calories, lots of fiber. Drink the water you steam them with for extra filling

For me, I was always a super hyper, super active child. Your basic ADHD kid that was heavily medicated to almost no effect after the meds stopped being effective 2-3 months after starting them. By the time I was 10 they took me off because they did nothing but give me withdrawal symptoms.

When I was 12, my friends stopped wanting to go outside and play. So we sat inside. But my appetite, which was incredible for a kid my size (always the shortest, skinniest skeleton in the class) didn't fade away. Suddenly I grew to be almost the tallest in my class but also chubby.

As the years went by I slowly added weight. I went from 125 pounds in 6th grade to 288 pounds a year ago. Now I'm 270 but that's only because I smoked a ton of weed. If I stop, I'm bound to gain that weight back.

Being fat isn't about being lazy. I work out, I ride my bike (uphill) to work every day 6 days a week for 15 minutes to, 10 minutes from. I'm still fat. Nothing helps. I eat too much. I ate 2600 calories worth of burritos by 1pm today. I'm about to eat 3 home made double bacon cheeseburgers when I'm done with this post.

Fuck I hate myself, no impulse control. They say you outgrow ADHD. I swear if there was a medicine for it that worked I'd be 165 pounds and bitches would be begging for this dick.

There's a bunch of tricks you can utilize. Like shirataki noodles, low-carb sweets with lots of fat, drinking water, intermittent fasting (works well if you do on-day/off-day instead of the standard 18/6 cycle).

But at the end of the day, you have an addiction. You treat it the same way you treat any other addiction: fighting it and learning to get stronger and better at defeating it. I quit smoking tobacco and it was the hardest thing I've ever done until I tried to quit eating so much. There's no physical withdrawals but unlike quitting smoking, you HAVE to eat. I avoid tobacco but there's no avoiding shoving food in your mouth. It's rough user, stay strong.

Learned today that the feeling of eating clean and avoiding the insane guilt that comes with eating like shit is much, much greater than the taste of shit food. I don't know why it took me so long to realize this. I won't get that fat fuck enjoyment that I used to by eating bad stuff, but I can actually feel good about myself for a change.

Does alcohol(whiskey and vodka, not beer) affect weight loss? I'm not /fat/ just a little over weight and want to know if drinking whiskey when I go out is killing my loss.

I'm 6'2" 220 and I play rugby so no quitting alcohol is not an option, When I go out to bars I usually order a whiskey or scotch one the rocks and drink that until drunk, I do this about 4-5 times a week, am I fucking myself over?

Or certainly doesn’t help. But it’s usually the accompanying foods during/after drinking that’ll do you in, because your body will prioritize metabolizing the alcohol first, and all those calories that would be getting burned get shoved into storage instead.

I usually eat a not bad meal then start drinking, I know that drinking on an empty stomach leads to survival mode, but if I fight the urge to eat anything bad after it, does it really matter that much?

Have any of you noticed certain parts of your body losing more fat than other parts? I think most of my weight lose has been in my ass. I used to be thicc but now I'm almost Hank Hill tier.

Yes, that's very common. Every body stores fat differently and loses it differently. I've lost 60lbs and if you look at a picture it's like all of it was stored in my fucking face.

Literally me, my guy and everything is exactly the same 25 pounds down but my ass is also Hank Hill tier. Makes pants fit strange.

when i started losing i lost it all in my legs and hips it felt like. after that it all started going to from gut

>tfw still have bitch tits

Does anybody else feel like they've achieved nirvana when they resist temptation? I turned down garlic bread earlier, I can't believe I did this

Just had 5 cookies, Christ I’m not gonna make it

how the FUCK do you lose this belly and ass fat it won't go away when my arms and legs are toothpicks

The arms and legs being toothpicks can be fixed by lifting.

You keep cutting until they are gone, how do you not know this yet?

> implying

Haven't eaten shit other than a few bites of chicken

I just ate four cans of beefaroni and three cans of mini ravioli and some white cheddar cheese itz.

Fuck me. I was hungry.

>does exercising help me lose weight?

No you fucking retard. Sitting on your fat ass doing nothing is much more effective. Any more dumbass questions?

JUST ORDERED TWO BURRITOS AND CHIPS AND SALSA

GOD DAMN IT. I EVEN LIFTED AND DID CARDIO TODAY FUCK

Finally finished stage one of my personal weight-loss goals. I am currently 300 pounds. I started at 355. I I still can’t believe I lost so much weight I feel so good. I know I have a long way to go but it sure does feel like a great moment. I still can’t believe I lost so much weight I feel so good. I know I have a long way to go but it sure does feel like a great moment

>I was hungry

Maybe you were before the first can of food, but please try to excuse the six cans after that.

Eat one (or even better, eat half) and save the rest, if they are huge American burritos you could get two or three meals probably. Eat a few chips, leave the rest.

You don't have to resign yourself to failure.

You worthless fat piece of lard (you’re not even worthy of being called shit. That would be an insult to shit).

Eat it all.. ALL OF IT YOU DISGUSTING FAT FUCK. Shove one burrito up your ass while you shove the other down your cream cheese coated throat for maximum fat absorption you calorie rapist.

FUCK.

>been stuck at 168-169lbs for the last week
>can almost see my abs but not quite
This final push is gonna be hard as fuck

Kek

>halloween
>caving in to the candy jew
lol. For real though, I used to have the same problems as other anons in this thread, binge eating. Acquire depression and you won't even feel like eating shit food.

>biceps and legs are getting better slowly
>still got chest fat and fat stomach reaching around to my sides

What's the solution, sit-ups? or am I missing something.

Idk man depression makes me binge more. I think about how useless and fat and ugly I am, start thinking what difference will it make when I’m skinny. Next thing you know I’ve gone through 5 bowls of cereal and a box of cookies

brah I used to be /fat/ man, know the feel.
Try oats with sugar free syrup + almond milk. Honestly GOD tier. Half my gains were made with this shit

You cannot target fat. Your body loses it at it will. If you want to lose body fat you just have to keep cutting until it is gone.

Speaking of Jew. I have been binge watching Chopped and I noticed a trend. Everytime there’s a “Berg” a “Stein” or another meme name implying huge noses.... that contestant WILL win. No matter how shitty they cook.

Anyway, watching food network can help with fat loss they often have some decent low cal recipes and can give you ideas for cooking healthy.

Yes I know that, but is sit ups essential to losing stomach fat and fat around my pecs.

oh by the way 4 months lifting, 7 months exercising. A lot can be accomplished, wish I had b4 pics.

Your gains were made from eating less than your TDEE. I can eat spaghetti Os for breakfast lunch and dinner. As long as I stay well below my TDEE I will lose weight.

No, see, that's the thing. It won't help you lose fat any faster, so it can't be essential to losing fat. Because you cannot target fat loss to those areas.

Working your core and chest will help build the muscles in those areas, so that they will look good once the fat is gone. You should exercise and lift in order to make that happen, but that is a different thing altogether from cutting the fat.

at the end of the day, u don't really need any recipes to eat healthy, meat + veggies + complex carbs and make whatever the fuck you want with it. Hell, even a shake with those ingredients.
Good on you for eating healthy though. Diet was the number one aspect in my fat .
That, or the 10 miles a day I ran. You have to hate yourself enough to see change