Weightlifting Shoes

Will a raised heel actually assist your form of you lack ankle mobility?
I have trouble staying on my heels when I do ATG pause reps and want to know if it's worth buying shoes. Is it possible that I still won't be able to stay on my heels at the bottom while wearing lifting shoes?
I guess I should also try testing squatting with weights under my heels as well for good measure.
Also lifting shoe recommendation general, thinking about buying these used on the cheap.

Other urls found in this thread:

adidas.com/us/adipower-weightlifting-shoes/M25733.html
youtube.com/watch?v=IIHZUR67JsY
youtube.com/watch?v=XISJxsccN1E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I got the all black ones like in the OP pic.
I never thought I was able to squat properly or do some olympic lifts until I got these. 10/10 would recommend.
>t. 6'4" long ass femurs

plus 1 (key is broken)

Goat shoes these. Just spend the high price for them and feel like a god when you lift, they will last you plenty of years and easily make up for their cost

What shoes are these?

Any tips on cheap lifting shoes? Currently using my running shoes for lifting.

Yes it will, but you should still work on ankle mobility.

Those are Adidas top of the line. Like $300/pair. Get some VS Athletics. They're $60 and work great.

Only $150.

adidas.com/us/adipower-weightlifting-shoes/M25733.html

But they do run very narrow.

Are they really THAT good?

t. Converse cuck

>I have trouble staying on my heels when I do ATG
That's probably because your body isn't built to do atg squatting with a neutral spine. Buy shoes.

They're good shoes, but they're not magic.

Its not only that they raise the heel but your feet wont slip or move, they are solid on the base. They are narrow as someone said but just get the same size you would normally get, you want them to be snug. They are still wearable though dont get me wrong, ill have them on for 2-3 hour sessions with no problem

They really do help a fuck ton. They're the one piece of gym equipment that's actually worth the money when bought new

That's true of all weightlifting shoes now. Even the cheap VS-branded Do-Wins. It's just that Adidas has a rep from when they were the only quality weightlifting shoe manufacturer.

I have Adidas power perfect 2. Cheaper and look better. Smaller heel. Try them. Got on eBay pretty cheap

squishy heel for crossfit workouts. shouldn't be your first choice unless you're a crossfit fag.

I have wideish feet, I'm normally a size 8 - 8 1/2 but I got a 7 1/2 after reading that they fit better a half size under. Go to a shoe store and just try on some other adidas shoes to get a feel for their sizing. I love mine, really comfortable and they help a lot with front and back squats, any lift where a limiting factor might be flexibility between your foot and shin. I've worn them for >2 hours with no discomfort.

for back squats they're comfortable, and I feel like they're more stable than the vans I started squatting in.
They're invaluable for cleans, snatches, and front squats. that little extra bit of vertical back angle feels very significant for me, and I'm pretty favorably built for squatting.

>I have no idea what I'm talking about

I've used both, kiddo. They're not Nike Airs, but they're also not wooden heels. Unless you need to run in your weightlifting shoes, get proper weightlifting shoes.

>Mfw I wear running shoes at the gym because I do light cardio for warm up and I hate to run in anything else than these shoes

C-can I possibly make it?

Basically what I figured, thanks for the reassurance.

>miss out on a sweet pair of lightly used Leistungs for a fair price
>new Leistungs/Romaleos cost twice the US price thanks to a combination of greed and import taxes
>get mad/sad as hell
>turns out theres a new local company that is making a weightlifting shoe for the same price as the used Leistung

good feels man

at about $120 a pair and knowing that most of the people getting these shoes are probably never going to be achieving elite level lifts, I don't feel bad about recommending them.
the amount of weight that most people would have to be moving for compression to occur on the PP2s would arguably well in excess of 500lb. Obviously Clarence is an outlier, but he squatted 660 in them before starting to use adistars or romaleos.

For starter WL shoes, PP2s are perfectly fine. By the time that someone decides that the shoes aren't good enough, they should have gotten more than their money's worth out of them.

You'll be fine. But weightlifting shoes do tend to come with a little bag you can carry them around in. Or you could put them in your gym bag with the chalk and wraps and micro plates.

youtube.com/watch?v=IIHZUR67JsY
He's cleaned 225kg (not pounds, in pounds that's 496lbs) in those shoes. I'm pretty sure they're good enough for any kind of oly lifting you're planning on doing.

When you can get Do Wins for half that, I would call that $120 a waste of money.

Because one of the greatest lifters of all time (my pic) once lifted without shoes, you shouldn't get lifting shoes at all. Do you not know why "appeal to authority" is a fallacy?

It's not an appeal to authority, it literally just shows that the shoes are stable enough to support weights that are way higher than what probably anyone on this board can clean. All his PBs (185 snatch, 225 clean, 220 c&j) were made in those shoes, so you can't argue they're bad in comparison to the other shoes he's worn in the past.

Clarence would perform well in running shoes. Adipowers have a harder heel and that's what you want in a wl shoe. Basic physics.

Not even Clarence would be able to lift all his PBs in running shoes. Even if the heel was softer than the adipowers' the force required to make enough of a negative impact obviously can't be achieved by even by a world class lifter in the 94kgs.

What would happen if you wore women's high heels while lifting

Not sure what point you're trying to make here

Yeah they make a difference. Got the Romaleos 3' after having been squatting in Chucks for a long time. The difference was incredible.

Just bite the bullet and save a couple neetbux to buy a pair.
I've had the same pair of VS wl shoes that I've been lifting in for 10 years now and they're still going strong, and those aren't even good ones.

>half that
I'm finding Do-Wins for $95, PP2 for 110-120.
Its fair that Do-Wins are another good beginner option, but don't blast PP2s as being an unviable weightlifting show when the only claim you have against them that holds up is that they're about $20-$30 more than another shoe.

M8, look how pronated his feet are while he is in that position. Im not trying to say that what this guy can do isnt fucking impressive as fuck, but honestly he isnt doing himself any favors by lifting barefoot. I lift barefoot and with oly shoes, and i honestpy prefer barefoot training all around but for some lifts, havijg shoes just makes everything better.

Not him but the point is that while the heel of pp2s is technically compressible, the weight required to actually make the heel compress is so high that only olympians would be better served by a better shoe

It causes hip injury for me, I bought romeleo 3’s and it took the hip drive out of squat causing me to pull/strain my hip flexors. Some people benefit from them but if you’re tall with long legs, stay away.

Sounds like squatting with a different posture highlighted your weaknesses
You should adjust your training to address them

there's a webm

I have been, and decided that I can squat more comfortably barefoot.

romaleos are just as good if not better.

t. romaleo owner

Stupid question
Do you have to take them off to deadlift or ohp?

Do I even need shoes if I have good ankle mobility and squatting, cleaning, and diddlying all feel good barefoot

If your doing low bar squats you shouldn't need them

For high bar and oly lifts I highly recommend them

You don't, Clarence Kennedy doesn't. It does add more distance to the dead, making it harder.

I just do my deadlifts in chucks, or barefoot. OHP I find easier with the shoes on, not sure what the consensus is on that though.

mad deficit gains

They are on a par, however the fit of them suits people with a wider forefoot better than the Adidas which fits a "normal" foot better
TL;DR: see a shoe person, or someone who makes orthotics before you buy sports shoes

>
youtube.com/watch?v=XISJxsccN1E

just work on your ankle mobility