Powerbar lovebites :(

does this happen to anyone else?

better pic maybe. still kinda blurry :/

That's what you get for lowbar squatting. Fag.

Post tits.

uh okay.

so seriously how do i prevent this, and what should i do to deal with it right now?

i already use body lotion every morning.

I don't understand how you got a mark there. When squatting my back is flexed and the bar rests on top of my traps. Were it to leave a mark it would be two either side of my spine, not on it.

For lowbar, the result would be similar, just further down the back.

How do you wind up with one across the centre?

you know. that is a very good question. do you think i'm holding the bar wrong? i've only been lifting for a few months so that's likely.

Yes, squeeze your shoulder blades together and rest the bar on your traps.

I'll kiss it and make you feel better baby

I got them. Why do you want to get rid of it? Just ignore it, it doesn't hurt

okay. i'll squat more tomorrow and try that lol. kinda thought i was but maybe not?

gross

because they look awful? no one wants bad skin.

also do you get them in the middle of your back or more on the sides like that other poster said?

don't be such a pussy

how does this happen
you can't be squatting that heavy

I'm not? Still gonna do my squats tomorrow :)

Idk! Am I really the only one?

I do use an Ohio powerbar. They're not kidding about aggressive knurling maybe? I know for certain it's not from anything else.

Wait no. I'm NOT going to try this actually. You're saying I should do high bar. I do low bar.

Grill?
Also where a shirt when you squat then
Or put a towel on the bar

>rest bar on traps

>You're saying I should do high bar

You...you do realize your traps run down almost your entire back right?

Leeeewd

There are more videos about how to place the bar on your back property for low bar squats than there are days to watch them, pick one, they're all mostly regurgitating the stuff that's in the SS book.

Grow bigger traps and back. Also high bar is better.

Why does your bar have knurling in the center

Does it look she she even has traps mate?

I like this pic post more

squeeze your shoulder blades when you squat you dumb bint

Whatever the fuck you are doing THE BAR SHOULD NOT REST ON YOUR FUCKING SPINE

i'm wondering maybe if it happened while i was racking the bar? it can't be from weight alone i don't think, so i'm guessing the knurling scraped me at some point.

does no one else get marks on their back? even if they're on the sides and not in the middle

Not Op, but knurling in the center helps the bar to stay in the same place

The bar is probably sitting too high, try bringing your elbows in and back to create more support for the bar. If that feels off or you just can’t protect your spine, suck it up and get a rubber pad until you get better form and can get more comfortable with a lower bar position.

It pisses me off how many different types of bars there are. Different knurling, different location of knurling/smooth, different ring locations, different diameter.
My gym has them all and I look like an autist scouring the whole place for the one "good bar"

Why did you buy one of the most expensive barbells available to start out lifting with? You didn't need a powerbar you idiot. Regular bars dont have knurling in the center so you wouldnt have this issue. Learn to rest the bar on your traps or continue shit form lifting.

Don't let the barbell come in direct contact with the skin. Next time don't wear a low cut shirt like a faggot such as your pic in the OP. Next time have fabric between your skin and the barbell, and then maybe you wouldn't get marks.

Also reddit is down the hall and to the left.

Squeezing the shoulder blades is also necessary for low bar
Make your form look kinda like pic related

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Have thick enough clothing?

that is far from one of the most expensive barbells available and knurling in the center is there for the benefit of squats..

Use a foam pad or mantaray squat pad you dummy. Don't fall for the bareback meme.

I always get a red line across my back where the barbell lays, and the skin tends to dy there sometimes
That being said, I havent gotten any scrapes like that before, so i think it is probably a simple form issue
Maybe post your form, so we can critique you

>skin tends to dy there sometimes
get dry there

would my hamptom pad be too much? i use it for hip thrusts and it's quite thick lol.

>Why did you buy one of the most expensive barbells available to start out lifting with? You didn't need a powerbar you idiot. Regular bars dont have knurling in the center so you wouldnt have this issue. Learn to rest the bar on your traps or continue shit form lifting.
because i like nice things and i'm employed so i can actually afford it? this was the cheapest high quality power bar i could find and i expect it to last decades. specifically bought it BECAUSE it had the center knurl, which people said was good for squats. the bar gives me lovebites but i'm not a bitch and can handle a little pain. definitely gonna try getting my elbows back further though.

yeah i love reddit :)

and i don't lift in this shirt lol. that was my work undershirt. there was fabric between the bar when this happened, though it was pretty thin.

thanks!

like what? is a basic tshirt not enough?

doesn't this mess with form though? maybe that doesn't matter for now anyway though, as i'm apparently doing it wrong regardless lol.

does lotion alone solve the dryness? do you use coconut oil or anything?

never tried lotion or anything because i dont like having to wash it off my hands, but it would probably help
however, you look like you have been getting scraped up a bit more than i ever have

i know that you said earlier that you wanted to stick to low bar, but i think it may be a good idea to see if you have the same problem with high bar
if high bar turns out to be better, you can always replace them and get your hamstring and glute activation by doing RDLs and glute bridges

Dude you wont be able to lowbar squat with a pussy pad. Just squeeze your shouldrr blades together and find thr shelf that the bar will sit on, right around where the rear delt is. There are pictures everywhere of how the bar shoild rest just look up one by ripptoe.

Or i can place it on for you (:

Cute anime girl!

Okay guys thanks for all the help. I'll figure this out...

>you will never find a qt gymgal that shitposts on Veeky Forums
Why doesn't my gf like to shitpost?

>girl
I hate newfag like you.

The price for our help is a picture of you.

>I look like an autist scouring the whole place for the one "good bar"
you act like you're the only one who does that