Power cleans

I never see anyone on fit really talking about power cleans, nor do I really see them in many routines, am I missing something? Are they a meme?

>power clean
>shoulder
explain?

When I used to do them in strength and conditioning they would usually get a good shoulder pump going, makes sense to me when I think about how you perform them

Power cleans fucked my knees back in high school. No more for me

For a pure strength routine they are fantastic if you have someone to coach you

What actually happens is they get cut for pendlay rows in every single routine that suggests them because they are much less technical and most people don't want or need that much leg work if your already doing squats and deads

They're not a meme and they will get you massive traps if you do them all the time and do them heavy

I haven't done them since highschool but I'm considering reincorporating them, they were my favorite lift besides deadlift and I have noticed my traps slacking lately

Also my squats suck so.. Sounds like a good idea to me

>almost all of back is just "involved"
>shoulders are "secondary"
who made that dumb infographic

Where should power cleans fall in the whole 1/2/3/4 meme

I thought it was pretty shit to but.. It's colorful

nobody talks about them on fit because most people on fit are retarded uncoordinated dyels and are probably too embarrassed to do them in the gym

between 2 and 3

power cleans work the posterior chain primarily
now, if you do proper cleans and snatches, then everything but the biceps and chest are going to be bright yellow
(oly lifting a best btw)

2pl8

What will these actually do for me? I'd like to be able to do them but fuck paying for coaches. No idea if I'm doing them right otherwise

Lmao

They really aren't that difficult, just watch a few videos, practice with the bar for a few sets you should be good

Sounds pretty decent to me user.. Most don't even train them let alone are able to do 2pl8s..max goal for me is 3pl8

the biggest guideline is "don't use your arms." if you're using your arms to pull the bar up, you're doing them wrong.
the second guideline is "catch the bar on your shoulders." if the bar is resting across your collar bone or floating in front of you, you're doing them wrong. you might have to develop a bit of wrist flexibility.

He may also need to develop a bit of delt mass before the shoulder shelf is big enough to keep the bar clear of his collarbone.

Yea your wrists will probably hurt the first few times, just use YouTube and take it slow, it's more of a yanking motion than a pulling motion

Power cleans are for functional fitness and power. If you're looking for show muscles pick a different exercise. Half the comments here are laughable brofessor tier shit.

"it's more of a yanking motion than a pulling motion" this is sort of meaningless, so don't guy by this - take his other advice, and watch some videos by catalyst or something.
i think being able to move the shoulders into position is also a flexibility thing, though if he is skinny he will likely have issues with that too.

That's just how I make sense of it in my head, videos will be far more valuable

>functional fitness and power
>
>this is the state of Veeky Forums shitposting nowadays
0/10 don't come back here

Nah this is true. I've seen so many guys not understand the movement is about explosiveness and they just mosey the bar up to their shoulders. It's about getting it up to the position where you perform triple extension and explode or "yank" the bar. Yank just has a negative connotation so people think that's the wrong word but it fits.

The other week a guy was doing them in the Smith machine at my gym.. Rendering the exercise almost worthless

It's about explosiveness, but 'yank' gets a bad rap because it implies pulling the bar up with your arms. Which is a bad habit you end up needing to break most newbs of.

Power cleans are my favorite lift.
Love the explosiveness and the CNS demand. Always pumps up my traps and forearms

Hang cleans are also great

i see what you're saying, but my concern was what said.