Let's settle this once and for all

Using marijuana: Is it bad for your gains?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TLVOvIxO4TM
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6090909
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, lowers your testosterone.

no. it depends on the user.

It's not going to directly impact your "gains", smoking might harm your lung capacity but other than that it's going to be a question of you being able to avoid shitty food. Additionally if you're too lazy to go to the gym as a result of smoking that could have an effect but it's another example of willpower/discipline being in play more than the weed.

Objective I have no idea.

However subjectively I doubt it makes much of a difference. If your diet, rest and lifts are correct than you'll gain, regardless of whether or not you smoke weed or tobacco.

No it doesn't, ask your/a doctor

what is marijuana

no. it depends on the doctor.

you just simply look at what it's doing

>smoking it
bad for lungs, less oxygen during workout potentially
>any form of delivering THC and other cannabinoids to your system
cannabinoids bind to our cannabinoid receptors that we have naturally, our body uses endocannabinoids to regulate certain things. one specific example is that THC blocks the CB1 receptor, causing the signal your stomach sends your brain that its full, to not be received, meaning you can eat more and more without your brain thinking you're full (maximum dopamine release from eating, eating mass quantities, aka munchies)

I don't believe any studies have shown direct relations between cannabinoids and hormone levels, so I assume the only downside is that of potential laziness, lack of motivation, or damage to lungs. But it also carries the benefit of helping you eat big for big gainz after big lifts.

if you let it be, sure

SMOKING MARIJUANA IS CARCINOGENIC.

I did not say USING marijuana is carcinogenic, but the act of smoking it entails breathing in burnt material. Obviously, using water filtration, concentrates, or consumables reduces this effect.

Smoking has also been associated with a decrease in testosterone production.

That being said, I smoke everyday.

Yes. Haven't you noticed all degenerate druggies are dyel unless they're not natty?

It's worth stopping, all lifts have sky rocketed since I stopped, better recovery to.. Plus more money to spend on more productive things

The Diaz brothers smoke ridiculous amounts of weed and they have arguably the best cardio in the UFC.

Nearly all NFL players use marijuana and they're infinitely more alpha, successful, fit and wealthier than anyone on Veeky Forums.

Care to explain this, straightedgefags?

They are also on steroids

Degenerates + Weed = Degenerate potheads
Successful people + Weed = Successful tokers

are they vaping it or just smoking blunts? MMA cardio requirements are also way more anaerobic than most sports

Anyone above the age of 23 does not smoke blunts. Vapes and dabs are more effective, efficienct, clean, healthy and cheaper.

There are a few pictures floating around the internet of Nick and Nate sharing a blunt the size of a deodorant can, but I've seen them both vape too. I guess they just love weed in any form.

Their insane cardio comes mostly from long-distance aerobic training, although I'm sure they do HIIT as well. Nick Diaz, the younger one, runs 10 miles a day (between camps, too) and does triathalons for fun. On top of this, Nate Diaz - after being suspended for testing positive for THC years ago - came out and said that a great number of elite fighters in the UFC, Strikeforce and Bellator smokes a moderate amount of weed.

Shit, phone posting and I accidentally linked another post.

Neither have tested positive for steroids or elevated testosterone levels at any point in their careers. If anything, the Diaz brothers are some of the only clean fighters in their divison.

joe rogan had a world renowned body builder on who was popular in the 90s, he said he smoked before he went running to help open up the lungs.

I do it on occasion. Not regularly, but I likely won't turn it down if offered, assuming I'm not busy.

No it doesn't, ask your/a user

>he smoked before he went running to help open up the lungs.
what a fucking retard

yeah just look at this fucking downie, stupid dyel retard flushing gains down the toilet lmaoooo

>your/a doctor
It's YOU'RE a doctor, idiot

>ask the person who gets paid every time you come back for advice on natural remedies
lol

This has to be a joke.

This. Better ask a Mongolian seagrass weaving forum.

It lowers test and encourages overeating crap. Not to mention it makes you a huge fag.

roids beat out the maji

>
>This has to be a joke.

No ones that stupid. Right?

Obviously you can't very well do a good workout session while stoned, and it increases your appetite. If you want to do it, do it in the evening, and avoid it while cutting

I've seen lots of posts about people having killer workouts while high but it scares the fuck out of me. I feel like I'll just zone out mid rep and come back 20 seconds later not realizing what I'm doing and snap

>UFC
>scheduled tests
>never positive
Really makes u dink

youtube.com/watch?v=TLVOvIxO4TM

Truth

THC fucks with coordination, judgement, and concentration. If you're not good to drive, you sure as shit aren't good to lift

Bullshit.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6090909

Lowers T-levels among other things.

>doing any drug other than steroids
never gonna make it buddy

Need something to dull the conclusion damage. Their brains are toast in 10 years and their muscles are running on synthetic T

Driving while stoned is easy for me, but I wouldn't work out while high.

It would probably be fine but I just don't enjoy exerting myself when stoned. My friend in college used to get high as shit before football practice though. Different tokes for different folks haha amirite

>Driving while stoned is easy for me
Please stop doing this. You only think it's easy at the time

okay whatever, nothing is real everything is a scam