What percentage of gym-goers are actually going to make it?

When I go to my gym, it's filled with middle-aged people in lulu lemon doing everything from cardio to curls. There are very few men who look like they have their shit together.

Why do most people in a gym look like shit?

>Why do most people in a gym look like shit?
because the average person looks like shit

i would say the top 10% are gonna make it

> people look like shit

Projecting much?

Let's see your dyel body

Commercial gyms maybe 10% of women will make it since the cardio bunny look is fine. Men probably sub 5% since doing meme exercises rarely works.

if you build your physique in the gym, you already lost the game, sorry to break it to uuu
>think_different-tattoo.jpg

Not everyone is trying to "make it." Different people have different goals you nerd

I would say not that many. Most of the people I see at my gym don't ever change physically at all. There's some fat kid at my gym that's slowly been getting more and more joocy while losing weight and all the regulars stares at him like he's a fucking alien, it's humorous.

>Most of the people I see at my gym don't ever change physically at all
This. My ex was going to gym 6 times a week and she still looked the fucking same. I haven't seen her for 6 months now but I bet she will still look the same probably.

maybe like 5% of people on this board, who have access to pretty good info, will actually make it

5% GODDAMIT WHATEVER IT TAKES HAHA SEEEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDEEEE ANOOOONS

SHOOOOOOOP AAAAAAAAAAH

> paying this much attention to other people minding their own business at the gym

My gym is odd. The times I've been (I only joined earlier in the month) there has only been around 8 people max (usually five guys to three girls), but everyone looks ludicrously fucking fit. Everyone has already made it. Even a few of the women are buff as fuck and spending time in the rack.

One time there was a middle aged guy with a bit of a gut. That's the only time. I'm ex-/fat/ (and not even fully ex- at 190lb at 6ft2) and it feels shitty to be the only one dripping in sweat, having to lower machine settings to use some of them, and not even be able to manage 5 minutes on the cardio machines.

Thankfully I managed to develop my arms some at home, and t-shits can now mask the remains of my gut, but *I* still know I'm the least fit fucker in there.

about 2-5%

5min of cardio is absolute subhuman, you need to get in shape, if you already have stamina issues while lifting get your cardio in shape

There's a fat dude who's been coming into the gym for at least 5 months and he looks exactly the same as when he started, he just does some elliptical, then those weird lower back exercises where you raise yourself up and down with your arms croaaed in front if your chest.

My friend has been "working out" for years, YEARS, and in 6 months I outlift him and look better than him.

Normies go to the gym for a "pump" and to feel good. Barely anyone in a commercial gym is actually there for true self improvement.

>self improvement

Hilarious.

Like it or not, progressively lifting heavier objects is physical self improvement :^)

>gym in heavily asian city
>it's full of old asian women just sitting on the machines doing 1/10th ROM exercises
>the men walk laps around the basketball court

I'm not sure what to make of it all

I've got compounding health issues bro, mostly housebound/bedbound for the last five years, but yeah, working on it, or why would I even be there? I'm just ecstatic to be near a normal weight and be able to work towards being aesthetic.

>

>
>This guy is right, 5 mins is bad.

Use the machines as accessory and perform whole body workouts as your main lifts.

Pick a program that works for you and do it until you hit a heavy plateau... pick another program and continue

>Most of the people I see at my gym don't ever change physically at all.
Yeah, I guess they just want to have some physical activity in their day to "stay fit". Their goal is probably not to change anything at all, judging by the laughable weights they are using, and how few of them ever work up a sweat (except for those who do cardio for a prolonged time) or really have to push themselves.

Too soon

>43333333

I am retarded

Can you get a good body with whole body workouts?

Because it’s easy to spend a lot of time in the gym and get nowhere because you have no idea what you’re doing.

I'm in the gym for 5 month now, and I can't see any changes in people who visit it all this time. Fit girls were fit and stayed fit, fat and semi-fat guys me including stay fat, big guys haven't got any bigger.

>those fucking arms

He needs some curls and dips. Don't underestimate the power of dips.

Make it where?

To what destination.

This unironically. I've made the most improvements workout out at home.

What do you guys think causes people going all the time, but not improving? How is that even possible?

They only go for legs, mememills and pully machines.

They only want to do something and build up a sweat or workout.
Or just be somewhere with other people.
The gym and places of athletics have always been meeting grounds for people.
Long before we even had a name for them.

Give people a fun activity to do in the gym/outdoors and mingle while working up a sweat, let the people who're there to boost their ego have their ego stroke, and let people whore around and sniff the air, and you'll never be without customers.

Also, teaching them how to do basic fitness in the gym to reach arbitrary and nebulous goals is good too.

The truly hardcore fitness people will oft never step foot into or stay in a gym long so it doesn't really matter.

I eat like shit

They're all gonna make it, bro.

Take the percentage increase in gym goers during new year's. About that percentage of people will not make it

please for the love of god do weighted pull ups. You desperately need more back and arms. Also weighted dips like said.

I think a lot of people reach a stage in life where they just want to be healthy and do a bit of physical activity everyday rather than try to be zyzz. It happened to me. Exercise turns more into a thing to complimen/support your other parts of life, like so yo can keep your body at good performance levels for whatever work you do and not degrade into a degenerate. Rather than have exercise be a goal in itself of looking good

holy fuck talking shit with 13in baby water pistols HAHAHAHAHA

For men maybe 10%, for women probably 5%.

Think about your gym and the people you see their every day, either they already "made it" or they look the same every fucking day. I bet you could point to 1-2 members top that made drastic changes to their physique in 1-2 years.

maybe you go to a shit gym

my gym is packed with shredded roiders and hot women.

>Why do most people in a gym look like shit?

Why don't you mind your business and stfu?

Like 2-3%, memes aside.

because everyone in the gym does retarded exercises on machines

I am squatting 3 plates and everyone thinks I am some sort of God...

no one in my gym squats more than 1 plate...

Less than 10%

>just want to be healthy

which is pretty retarded imho

how someone is motivated when they lift "for health" is beyond me...

it's not measurable... like your lifts going up/more reps etc...

You look alright user, don't listen to the trolls. They won't be happy even if you're a huge fucking bodybuilder