Who /cocoon/ mode here?

Who /cocoon/ mode here?

Any tips?

yeah. I can't exactly give tips because I don't cope very well.

Short term is fine, long term sucks.

How does cocoon mode work with a job though? Is it just

>turn up
>do job
>go home

Yeah bro pretty much. My only human interaction is my 2 Co workers and shopping cashiers. Still hang out with my mates at least once a fortnight, if not once a week. Not proper cocoon mode. But when we hang, we usually just play table tennis at the local park or play board/video games so it's not too normie tier either. Super comfy life desu

Nice.. I think I need to do cocoon mode for a while, my lifestyle has got to the point where I am mega normie.

>Buy all meals
>Don't bother cooking
>Wasting money on drink

Guess I should check the sticky again for eating advice, looking to bulk might add some milk to my diet as well.

Fucking nerd

Cocoon mode master race

That's what I do

tfw i am the 35 year old man

>constant progress
>no pressure
these are conflicting. without a reason or a need to move upwards, you simply won't do it. that's why you waste your time on the internet instead of bettering yourself. you could be lifting right now, reading or learning about something.
instead you waste your life away, asking others how to break away from social interactions.
I've learned that if you can't sell yourself at a job interview, people won't want you. if you're still a weird dude, people simply won't gravitate around you and all the "gains" you made will be useless.

she will leave you for 55 yo man then.

You have to get NEET bucks

Not everyone is weak willed and gay like you

> ywn be so chad that even in your deathbed you can score 18 year old pussy

You all don't seem to understand the point of cocoon mode: Rapid unobstructed transformation. If you don't have a very clear goal, a clear timeframe, and a ton of motivation you're not doing it right. You're just being a shut in. To keep with the analogy, If you don't have a good reason to transform, you'll stay in the cocoon forever as a gooey catapillar.

Im doing involuntary cocoon. Who else /incoon/ here?

Is this just a meme for mgtow?

>Buy all meals
BOI

"bitches do not want to fuck a hairy ass worm"
t. dom mazzetti

with that being said
>work
>go home
>lift weights
>go sleep
>repeat
>eat between steps

am i doing it right

>not reading, studying, or really improving in any way except some lifting which you can do without forcing yourself into autism

I dunno, you tell me

Don't fall for the chronic masturbation meme with all the free time you have. That will shoot in the foot worse than any drug or lack of sleep from partying once/twice a week ever will.

>weak willed
I dont need to become a reclused hermit in order to benefit myself. I don't need to put my life on hold (social life, school, work) in order to grow as an individual.
How am i weak?

Its an retarded idea that only produces good looking autists.

Self improvent has to be gradual and in harmony with every other aspect of your life.

i really want to go back into cocoon mode
i recently became pretty much a full normie and i fucking hate it

That's me
>without gym thanks to social anxiety

Ay.

i do read sometimes and i inhale a fuckton of knowlesge regarding fitness in general

i do need to go study language tho

I'm in the middle, working out and reading every weekday but Friday and Sat I go fuck all my gains up by doing normie shit.

Kill me lads I want to go back to being autistic, parties are all the same shit anyway, you've done 1 and you've done them all.

>goes to parties every weekend
>he thinks hes cocoon mode

lmfao, every normie does just that
stare at tv/facebook/internet all week outside of work, do something with friends weekends, repeat

cocoon mode representin'

>tfw involuntary cocoon mode

I only cocoon myself off from dating. I have some good friends that I don't want to cut off, so I spend time with them, but I'm ignoring girls. Made me feel much better and more motivated in other parts of my life.

oh thats what thats called? Basically me my whole life without the upward progress.

How are you improving yourself then? At least mentally i hope..

Don't do cocoon mode. You will spend most your time on Veeky Forums and this place is toxic for the brain. You will start to believe the circle jerking trash this website spouts out and become even more autistic than you already are.

Reading is a meme. Most people do it because they think they have to do it, to get smart. Go on Veeky Forums and you'll see fuckers reading 30 books a month. Do you think a guy who spends all his life alone in his room reading is happy? No he fucking isn't. He is just a bitter dude with a superiority complex. Even people who play video games are better than those guys.

Seems like you are talking from experience

>reading is a meme

Fuck this website

>when society is so degenerated you have to come up with a 'mode' for a healthy, mature way of life

You see, this souns fantastic in theory, sure. but trust me, i was a shut in that kinda accidentally cacoon mode mentally, went from super depressed to super dooper happy. still am, but when i had 3 months of only my own opinions and thn forums of peopl who have similiar opinions, its impossible to not delude yourself.

if you self teach philosophy without any outside force other than the carefully selected source material you CHOOSE to read you're just gonna become a know it all on somthing that doesn't even make sense, its like someone self teaching themselves english without ever hearing a spoken word of it, then saying gibberish and looking at you lik the retard.

I'm talking about the classics. Spending more than 30 minutes a day reading them is too much.

not him but I know what you mean

Although if you find a good book sometimes it can be hard to put down. I've got a huge backlog of books to read Crime and Punishment, Stalingrad, 1984 and a few other classics and history books

I've unintentionally cocoon moded

it eats away at you slowly and by the time you think you've been a cocoon long enough, you've forgotten how to not cocoon.

I've dreamt of my death, and I am alone

Know that feel. Hate being alone, buts its all you know.

Girls hurting your feelings is kind of part of living, man. You learn to roll with the punches and eventually you just stop caring. You lift more than them, anyway.

it sounds like he is
the problem being that on entering cocoon mode there are two submodes
i. the one this fag mentions, which is isolating yourself but succumbing to shitty "comforting" behaviours
ii. true cocoon mode, which basically approaches a yogic situation of life - eschewing all that isn't good for the soul

it is very hard to move into ii. from normie or depression or anywhere, but that is because it's rewards are great, and immediate although subtle

it's not a meme but balance and a full character is required or yes the result is the character type you mention

What the fuck parties are you going to where you spend money. Every party I've been to theres been free alcohol and I end up not spending a dime except for a meal afterwards or something

I've been a NEET for 5 years. A total NEET not some Chad NEET that has friends and a gf. I hope I get a driver's license and a part time job before Nov 2018. Get anxious that if my dad dies I'm completely screwed. I wish I lived in a city so I could skip the needing a license part. I hate driving a lot. Fear it even.

>not participating in society has become so popular that we've created a name for it under which we can discuss not being a part of society

feels bad man

People who don't like to participate in society or withdraw from society to be alone has been a thing since...well..
Humans have been recognizably human.

Cocoon mode NEET since summer 2014 here, although with very short breaks of 1 or 2 months of school/education after dropping.
Started lifting in 2015 i'm now on 1,5/3/4,5/don't deadlift.

Running, bodyweight and eating right. And NoFap for mental training.

cocoon mode for girls isn't real, STACY

I used to think like that, but realized I only felt alone because I could not live with myself.
I believe that, as long as you have dreams and ambitions, you won't feel alone.

>live with gf who fulfills social and sexual needs
>go to work
>otherwise cocoon mode
comfy af

>dont deadlift
>yet do heavy af squats
dude

This. Reading strengthens the mind. Start with Marcus Aurelius' Meditations. Free PDFs everywhere and common in bookstores. Great guide on how to live life in general (stoic bias).

Hence why we all gather on a fairly social imageboard to talk about how much we dislike being social. You retards like social interaction, you just use the internet for it because you're not competent enough to do it in person without being stressed about it. Everyone here makes basic conversation out to be an extreme challenge.

I do something like cocoon mode except I don't transform my body and mind and instead jerk off, and cry.

Me.
>welding training, ia hard work put will be able to pull 2k a week with hard work and long hours
>first week of bjj/judo sore as fuck but like it and have friendly class mates
>doing archery. gonna kill me a deer
>bjj made me realize I need to start lifting asap, start SS next week
>come to fit, find best memes on the chan without faggot ass redditors all over the place

Without diddy you are applying for å citizenship in snapcity

I have started doing some cleans and am considering snatches and snatch grip deadlift.
I doubt my squat would be that high (my front squat is over 2,5) if I had done deadlifts and the injuries that come with it. I almost got no injuries.

If ur smart you'll start a better program than SS

>Not having a GF who pushes you to be better
>Not also pushing her to be better
It's like people want a fuck buddy but not a friend

>tfw in cocoon mode for financial reasons; I moved out to my own appartment but need money to paint it, buy furnitures and make it female-friendly (looks like a crackhouse right now). I'm okay with this, in the meantime I'm making great gains at the gym

things is

Everyone is better off without me. Why should I go in cocoon. I'd rather just die.

I just fucking hate partying, but my friends keep inviting me to them. I actually don't want to drink alcohol and I don't want to risk having a catastrophic hangover. I just want to eat properly and get good night's sleep after working out, every night.

>tfw quit smoking and now aspergers with anxiety and getting sick all the time
Did the kikes trick me ?

gib program

All I do is wageslave and play guitar and Veeky Forums. I'm cocoon mode without even meaning to. I deleted all my social media a few months ago too.

jesus christ he looks like stewie

dude you just have to remember that if you buy a modern car your chance of death is super low its like a 1 in 7000 chance to die

What's welding training like? Been wanting to take some classes in skills like that and maybe dentistry to learn how to pull teeth.

>work as a store clerk
>lift 6x/week
>0 social interaction other than occasionally catching up with group of friends when we're all in town, or we talk online
This has been my life for the past couple of months and my gains have shot through the roof with PR's daily. This leaves me with a lot of time on my hands which I have used to work my way through my booklist. I plan on keeping this up until I start uni next year. I'd recommend it.
This is important, the reason I can do this with a clear conscience is because I know it's temporary

If you start off confident with a girl you won't have most of these problems, on our first date I subtly pointed out that I am superior in almost every way without actually saying it, making me a good catch.
Confidence and personality is 80% of the attraction and prevents women from being bossy towards you.

Eventually you'll get to a point where she needs you more than you need her, even if in fact you need her more. Acquire mind gains for the mind games

Its pretty much just self supervised practice. Our instructor has like 35 years expierience and goes over the book stuff with us and gives instruction if asked. But over all its just practice in the most common welding processes.
Stick, mig and tig are the most common welding processes but we also have been going over carbon arc gouging, oxy fuel cutting and plasma cutting. Its pretty hot and you will need to cool off infront of the fan every once in awhile

forgot pic

>Get a solid routine down for anything you want to get better at
>good sleep
>good workout
>don't waste too much time/money with people who are not worth it

I am but that's only because other people make me want to kms fuck women
Any way, I'm way stronger and it's really cozy
I'm 100x better at my hobbies because I cut 90 percent of vidya out and I spend that time doing homework learning languages playing guitar lifting etc
What I'm trying to say is get some hobbies so when your ready to come out of the cocoon you actually have interesting shit to talk about

oh god i'm pretty much like that right now

except also applying to med school

>not interacting with other humans at all
>healthy, mature

??????????????

You don't have to be completely autistic to make good gains, you guys need better time management skills.

pretty much this

the only real gains are social gains, which are gained through being social with people ofc. you cant just break away contact with everyone because chances are if you're even considering going "cocoon mode" in the first place then your probably just a social recluse who just needs to talk to people and stop being so weird.

>nothing about making money
I wish I was a child too

user...

Cocoon mode is pretty good. Man should be able to live with only himself for company. Needs to be full cocoon mode though with zero human interaction.

It's not advised you do it long term though. Maybe a couple of weeks at a time.

Samefag

Also best cocoon mode is innawoods innatent completely isolated from mankind and all its technology and temptations.

Of course you can interact, just don't spend any free time with them.

>Conveniently leaves out how this would work for people with jobs

I guess actual functioning adults don't need cocoon mode....?

wat
no 18 yo girl is going to leave you for a 35 yo man
this is just retarded Veeky Forums memes this doesn't happen irl

I'm going to give it a try. Well the working out part of it anyway, I'm already used to the social isolation.

yes. my social circles are going exponentially

I'm starting a modified cocoon mode I call ronin mode because I'm a weeb and I'll be traveling by myself from place to place like a ronin. I bought a small RV and I'm going to drive around to various MMA gyms and do a free trial before moving on to the next place. Going to work out every day towards my goal of becoming a pro MMA fighter. Living on the road will be lonely, but I'll be able to focus and get out into nature and improve my mind and body.