Why are vikings so well remembered for doing almost nothing?

Why are vikings so well remembered for doing almost nothing?

Attached: 1504241192846.jpg (938x844, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rurik
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They were the Vandals of the north

Yes, founding Russia, discovering the Americas and traveling all the way to Byzantium by going through Europe and even sailing in the Caspian sea, "almost nothing". C'mon I'm Southern European and most Aryanists here would call me a subhuman if they learnt about my ethnicity but I can still be objective.

>founding russia
??

Because white autists are ubiquitous and love to we wuz

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rurik

Sounds cool, thanks

Anglos like to hype up their enemies.

Polynesians and Inuits discovered America, they discovered Iceland

There is no proof of Polynesians ever reaching the Americas what so ever.

Generally speaking, it's NOT a good idea to take Veeky Forums memes as facts.

Attached: Viking_Expansion.svg.png (800x524, 193K)

Nor is there any evidence that Inuits discovered Iceland either. Their canoes simply would not keep their glue for the journey.

Iceland was discovered by Gaelic monks. They abandoned their monasteries when they caught news of the snowniggers coming, the vikings themselves recorded that.

How the hell did they manage to get to the west of Iceland before the east?

>settlement

Ok I admit the Vikings were badass but that map is exaggerated

Vandals actually fought a real empire

The danes fought the franks.

Stay mad niggerskins.

Attached: XKrOhCN.jpg (500x673, 43K)

This is like asking

>why people find blonde women more beautiful they didn't deserve it it's not fair waaah

Face it. Looks matter. Even babies are more sympathetic to beautiful people. The idea of the Aryan blonde beast, as beautiful as it is terrible, mesmerizes the masses.

>They traveled a lot
Ok and ?

Blame Wagner.

Attached: index.jpg (196x257, 5K)

Obviously for their heroic nature in honor of their ancestors of mythos.
As such they kicked the shit out of anyone they encountered due to their superior
>GENETICS

Attached: ragnarokart.jpg (1000x649, 116K)

They had a big effect on countries that went on to be very important, even if Scandinavia has remained completely irrelevant.

Vikings didn't found Russia, Russia was founded by Ivan IV not by Rurik.

They found the city of moscow but that was it.

WE

Because Mediterranean societies like Rome liked to meme about noble savage, giant barbarians to the north as much as we do now.

WUZ

>they got BTFOed in England
>were hired as mercenaries and betrayed their own kind at France
>colonized an island and remote eastern europe areas (lol)
>failed at discovering America because of the natives (lmao)
>the biggest part of this maps is where they raided only

FUCKING BOAT NIGGERS. I HATE VIKINGS SO FUCKING MUCH! THEY'RE A BUNCH OF USELESS MAURADERS PRAISING DC COMICS AND LOOTING DEFENSELESS VILLAGES! HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THEM ATTACKING A REAL ARMY!? OF COURSE NOT, THAT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING NIGGERS, WHO WILT LIKE A FLOWER TO ANYONE WITH A KNIFE! THEM AND "muh thor" "muh vahalla". FUCK EVERYONE OF THEM! I HOPE RAPEFUGEE RUIN THE ENTIRE GENE POOL TO SO THEIR SKIN SHOW HOW MUCH OF A NIGGER THEY ARE! FUCK VIKINGS

Attached: 1462849497660.jpg (480x712, 25K)

Probably some bullshit to do with ocean currents and a ship getting blown off course or something like that.
>>exploring, trading, conquering and raiding across a vast swathe of territory long before European imperialism got started in the 16th/17th centuries.
And the above is fairly impressive given that most vikings were either the landless younger sons of nobles or commoners, both of which had limited resources starting out?

Look, I get that people exaggerate them a bit on the internet, but Veeky Forums in it's hatred of all things northern european due to the rivalry with /pol/ has gone more then a bit too far in their disdain for anything in europe that didn't either originate in classical rome or greece, or medieval christendom.

>they got BTFOed in England
You mean, after conquering and ruling parts of it?
>were hired as mercenaries and betrayed their own kind at France
Gosh why did the mighty frankish defenders of christendom need to do this if the vikings weren't capable warriors?
>colonized an island and remote eastern europe areas
Who in christian europe was colonizing anything overseas at this point?
>failed at discovering America because of the natives
You mean failed at colonizing and the spaniards would likely have failed too if they arrived in the location they did and didn't face an enemy like the aztecs who had earned the enmity of all their neighbors.
>the biggest part of this maps is where they raided only
Yeah no shit, they were still poor as fuck compared to the wealthier nations to their south. What they did is still impressive though.