/FAST/ ATTACK OF THE SPERGS EDITION

PREV THREAD: /FAST/ FASTING GENERAL
What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic diet in addition to become god mode

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

IF AND LIFTING:
leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html?

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
idmprogram.com/eat-fast-break-fast/
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
selfhacked.com/blog/autophagy-benefits-and-how-to-harness/
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/auto.1.3.2017?needAccess=true

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

Current pet project: Does yogic breathing encourage stem cell production and healing?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5052382/

Other urls found in this thread:

newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/memory-loss-associated-with-alzheimers-reversed-for-first-time
youtube.com/watch?v=qPpAvvPG0nc
newsmax.com/Health/Health-News/skipping-breakfast-fuel-heart/2017/10/03/id/817306/
youtube.com/watch?v=HVB_5lEJ2IA
salk.edu/scientist/satchidananda-panda/
cell.com/current-biology/fulltext/S0960-9822(17)30504-3
livescience.com/59344-meal-time-biological-clock.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19626722
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17147559
qz.com/1092753/circadian-rhythm-this-years-nobel-prize-winners-are-changing-everything-we-know-about-medicine-and-biology/
caloriesproper.com/light-and-food-in-the-morning/
caloriesproper.com/carb-back-loading-take-ii/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for fasted BTFOing of indian spergs

>You expected these /fast/ fags to fizzle out after 2-3 threads
>they are now a steady general
>I'm seeing /fast/ memes pop up on normiebook

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

DAILY REMINDER EAT BREAKFAST FAST FOUR HOURS BEFORE BED

>Memory loss associated with Alzheimer’s reversed for first time
>fasting for a minimum of 12 hours between dinner and breakfast, and for a minimum of three hours between dinner and bedtime

newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/memory-loss-associated-with-alzheimers-reversed-for-first-time

>12:03
youtube.com/watch?v=qPpAvvPG0nc
>Even after researchers accounted for diet and other risk factors for heart disease, people who routinely skipped breakfast were significantly more likely to develop atherosclerosis compared to individuals who normally had a morning meal, the study found.
newsmax.com/Health/Health-News/skipping-breakfast-fuel-heart/2017/10/03/id/817306/

:03
I don't think cavemen had watches to see at what time they should go hunting for maximum efficiency.

Dude shut the fuck up, the breakfast link is in the OP and people can make their own decisions you god forsaken autist

I've been doing alternate day fasting with eating one meal a day. I'm on day 4 (or 5 idk how to count it - Saturday was when I started fasting) and I fucked up. It was a fast day today and I got home and I was insanely hungry. I made nachos and an omlette and now I feel like shit. What should I do? Should I not eat tomorrow or Friday? Thursday was supposed to be a food day, but maybe if I skip it and fast on Friday like planned I can balance it out? At least calorie wise, I'm sure any body rhythm work has been reset.

Could we start numbering the threads?

Guys, fasting is bullshit. I've been on an extended fast for 1 month now, nothing but water (instead of adding salt, I add 4 tbsp of sugar) and i haven't gone down 1 lb. Fucking gay ass starvation diet

IMO fasting is not intended to be long-term or sustainable anyway but it will shoot you into ketosis faster for further calorie restriction. You should workout to crush the glycogen. High volume lifting and/or HIIT will do the trick, then fast the next day to get back in. If you lack the self-control to do alternate day fasting you should try eating in one sitting on feeding days so that your circadian rhythm is reset. In my experience I need to fast for at least 2-3 days before my hunger is able to subside.

Awful bait mate

>I don't think cavemen had watches to see at what time they should go hunting for maximum efficiency.

THEY ACTUALLY DID THEY WOULD WAKE UP AT THE BEST TIME THAT FOOD WOULD APPEAR

You lose like one pound a day more like unless you are just bones

Guys, how do you deal with food cravings?

I've heard the bullshit about drinking coffee and chugging water and it just makes it worse for me because it feels like trying to eat but without any of the satiety. Like once I start eating, the desire just doesn't turn off. Unless I make myself, my first impulse is to eat and keep eating until I'm so physically ill that I can't move. OMAD helped a lot because then I just had one meal to struggle with, instead of two or three, but I just finished a two-day binge and want to get back on track with my cut. I just want to get a decent six-pack so I can stop feeling fat and start lean-bulking.

I know a huge part of it is 'learning to be comfortable with being uncomfortable', but has anybody else on here had to deal with this sort of thing?

Like one of the only things that's helped has been telling myself the desire is only temporary, or that as soon as I try to satisfy my desire to eat I'll only want to eat more anyway, so its useless to try to satisfy or indulge it to begin with.

Accept that cravings will come but they will eventually go.

Realise that you don't have to give into cravings.

4 days in water fast
Its normal to have black rings around the eyes?
Nothing major, they are kinda charming

I realize these things, but dealing with them consistently hasn't always been the easiest.

By the way, does anybody have any experience with using fasting as the main means of caloric deficit to try to get six-pack lean? Like should I eat at maintenance most of the week and have a two-day fast each week? The guy on leangains claims that its sufficient to just stick to 16:8 and that'll provide enough edge/will be sufficient to get lean enough without losing too much mass.

I'm also kind of small as it is, so I keep debating whether to just start bulking already but I'm just sick of the layer of fat on my stomach.

>For the current study, researchers examined data from dietary questionnaires completed by 4,052 adults who didn’t have a history of heart problems.
dropped

People who ate later in the day got worse results.
>39:08
youtube.com/watch?v=HVB_5lEJ2IA

People who ate later in the day were male, smokers, ate like shit, and were sedentary
THEY ALSO DID EAT BREAKFAST
mostly juices which are full of fructose and clog up arteries

LET TEST THIS SHIT, FIGHT TO THE DEATH I EAT IN THE MORNING YOU EAT ONLY AT NIGHT THEN WE MEET SOMEWHERE AND SEE WHO IS RIGHT IT IS THE ONLY WAY

Dude you like, read that study, made an interpretation in your mind, and now you're going hogwild full autismo even though about 15 other people at this point have came in and added input that does not support your case

I DON'T CARE ABOUT 15 OTHER PEOPLE THIS INDIAN NIGGER WORKS AT LIKE ONE OF THE TOP LABS IN THE COUNTRY THAT CURED POLIO AND SHIT

salk.edu/scientist/satchidananda-panda/

>fasted mewing while skipping breakfast during nofap

You get sleepy after eating tho, so it makes a lot more sense to use that mechanic to your advantage rather than fight it. It doesn't show up as much in the mornings because people eat sugary white flower carby shit and chug caffeine... but eating lunch/dinner naturally makes people sleepy. It also fits better at night because you can maintain the productivity and focus gains from not eating in the morning. It also fits better because you're giving your body fuel right as it enters regeneration mode at night.

yeah, on day 25 now, got some darkness under my eyes, i've been combating it with a vitamin c/e eye serum.

>eating lunch/dinner naturally makes people sleepy

Just don't eat carbs for lunch?

Certain foods contain an amino acid called tryptophan that causes sleepiness. Carbohydrates make tryptophan more available to the brain, which is why carbohydrate-heavy meals can make you drowsy.

I don't eat at all when I fast. I'm just saying that if you're trying to cultivate long term habits you're going to want to harness these mechanics instead of fighting against them. Nothing wrong with carbs or tryptophan, why deal with the hassle of being strict about what you eat.

If you're fasting, the sooner you get to OMAD the better, eating multiple times a day is junk. One Meal a Day... eat before you go to bed... get sleepy... have no problems falling asleep.

Because your biological clock is programmed to wake up when animals are at a watering hole. When you eat you are telling your brain this is the time I get up to kill this little mother fucking bambi assholes right in the fucking face then you eat after you sleep. Every time they drink you would wake ect like the fucking cycle of life or some shit.

If you do it the other way around you are fucking your shit up famlamama

>your biological clock is programmed to wake up when animals are at a watering hole
Seems like bullshit since food was scarce and hard to kill / catch, so I don't buy it being hard "programmed" like this. The unreliability of the food supply is what made us adaptable and flexible enough to modify it in extreme ways and live.

Why Vitamin C?

cell.com/current-biology/fulltext/S0960-9822(17)30504-3
livescience.com/59344-meal-time-biological-clock.html

Uhm, I'm 42 hours in, just woke up in the middle of the night feeling sick. Think I want to go back but now the question is what to eat and in what quantity? Would a single banana be okay for a first meal?

>cell.com
>little is known of the ability of meals per se to alter the timing of human circadian rhythms
They are not making the claims you are using them to reinforce.

You can eat whatever, you haven't been fasting long enough for a strict refeeding strategy.

does prolonged fasts have any affect on LDL, HDL or liver values?

Yea it fixes them

i'm trying to find some evidence that show this, can you link some?

No go google that shit yourself

in other words you're one of the people who think fasting is the bees knees cure all for everything, but have no proof of it.

No, I see it work every day and have experience with it working on me so I don't spend time archiving internet resources that TALK ABOUT fasting to spoon feed lazy fucking niggers like you. How about you just do some fasting? It is harmless for beginners anyway, and helps with willpower and weight management at the very least.

>No, I see it work every day and have experience with it working on me
you've seen people's LDL, HDL, AST and ALT change? do you look at their blood tests?

> I don't spend time archiving internet resources that TALK ABOUT fasting
if you've seen something like this before, it is extremely easy to find it again.

>spoon feed lazy fucking niggers like you
i have been looking into it, but haven't found anything related to these. because of this, i decided to ask in the /fast/ general.

again, see >How about you just do some fasting? It is harmless for beginners anyway, and helps with willpower and weight management at the very least.

i already do OMAD and prolonged fasts, and i'm not interested in willpower or weight management.

I ate too many carbs by accident while doing keto (stuffed ricepeppers) and they had 100 grams of carbs, will fasting for 2 days help me to get into ketosis faster ?

what do you guys recomend?

not eating for a day will help me to get back into ketosis faster ?

Exercise for sure. Burn off all your glycogen to speed it up.

Then just measure your shit with bloodwork before/after a prolonged fast... congrats you did science.

thanks, sorry for asking to being spoonfeeded but

how long does it take on average to return to ketosis ?

If you’re on a 16:8 window, how much protein should you try to consume based on body weight?

everyone says it depends on person to person. I mean as soon sa all your glycogen is gone technically your in ketosis at that moment. now if youre talking will you feel good in that exact moment and comfortable is another story.

I remember reading some study about it helping to promote collagen growth since dark circles arise from the dermis of the skin around the eyes thinning, in which vitamin c can helpit grow. similar results with vitamin e.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19626722

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17147559

I fasted
It didnt werk
All a lie
Cheers

Base protein intake on LEAN body mass, not your weight. You don't reduce calories on 16:8, you just get all your calories in for the day in 8 hours... so eat the same as you ate before. I'll catch shit for this, but you don't need that much protein to maintain and make gains... 1g per pound of lean body mass is probably too much.

k

25 days here and down like 46 pounds but okay.

Which kind? Water fast? Did you lose lean mass? Did you exercise while fasting? Please respond.

Okay, I do low carb, moderate fats and 1g/protein per lb right now. Bro science fag friend was trying to tell me to up it if I wanted to get out of maintenance but I think he fell for the (((protein powder))) meme and drinks like 4 shakes a day.

Well, I gave up and broke the fast. Ate a banana, took few bites of potato and chicken fillet I had in the refrigerator, and a few bites from a toast bread, then I threw up. Probably woke up because wanted to throw up. Anyway, should have done more research on keto flu and prepared myself accordingly with sodium, potassium and magnium.

Water fasting.

Lost about 1.5 pounds of muscle mass when i had my examination done 23 days in, blood pressure was down too

I am also taking vitamins/electrolyte pills which have helped immensely with any side effects.

I do 2 miles cardio/lots of reps with 6kg free weight with back/arm exercises (inconsistent rep count due to how much energy i have each day differs)

When I'm working, i average about 10-12 miles walking.

>6kg free weight
>6kg
?????

Whole point is to retain muscle not gain it; you can't gain muscle on a fast so lifting heavier weights would be pointless retard when the whole point is to minimise muscle wasting.
A 6kg dumbbell

I mean the whole muscle efficiency time.
If animal's body was so picky, they would die like a bitch.

qz.com/1092753/circadian-rhythm-this-years-nobel-prize-winners-are-changing-everything-we-know-about-medicine-and-biology/

There is some optimization that could be made here, but no one in this thread actually needs it / can even do it.

You might just be sick...

getting a sleep schedule down is so important
I need to re-unfuck mine, jocko willink has some choice words on how to get out of bed but FUCKIN HELL it's hard to feel good waking up at 4:45 with what I know now

4 days in
My mouth feels weird, sorta of dry and the tongue is white
Wtf

invest in a tongue scraper or it'll just keep building up and it'll make your breath stink.

How is your fast going friends

you're the fucking retard.

Using a 6kg db is going to be fucking useless period anyway. On any kind of cut, you reduce volume and frequency, but MAINTAIN intensity. Maintaining intensity is what preserves muscle mass while lifting and cutting.

Does that mean that if you're doing OMAD, you should eat at morning?

Shouldn't be doing too much on long fasts anyway. Body has no way to repair itself.

an indian lmao

I literally wouldnt trust an indian to shit in the toilet, im not going to trust them on complex issues

No you don't retard.

Maintainance of muscle mass is achieved through resistance training which CAN be achieved through frequency training i.e. dumbbells

Are you fucking dumb?

this

Do you realize how laughably light 6kg is? thats what fuckign old women curl. might as well curl a tooth pick dude.

Did nobody notice these digits????

caloriesproper.com/light-and-food-in-the-morning/

For everyone arguing over breakfast and dinner, read this article and look through this website above.

Food helps entrain the circadian rhythm, but light is stupid important too.

Breakfast is optimal. Look around the website above for articles on afternoon diabetes.

caloriesproper.com/carb-back-loading-take-ii/

This mentioned in the link above - but heres an article on a study that compared OMAD breakfast v dinner

Ooh yeah i forgot. Bill shilled out and patreon’d parts of article, a little annoying, but still loads of great info on the site

Wrf i just took a shit and im 5 days in water fast
That shit was there the whole time?

post photo of

I work construction. Is it feasible or possible to /fast/ without being dead?

>5'10
>280

Yeah i'm a fat fuck cause I mostly eat fast food while working.

I wouldn't do it. Tried that myself one summer and almost died a few times from falling asleep at the wheel I was so tied. Best bet is to just eat a large caloric deficit (500-1000 calories below TDEE) and maybe fast on the weekends?

How long does the autophagy lasts?

Already flushed
It was small, caramel brown and soft

>It was small, caramel brown and soft

Thanks, for sharing friend that is all I needed to know

I took shit on my day 13 of water fast

>breakfast is optimal

t. Breakfast Jew

>eat breakfast fast four hours before bed

Guys if you are fat just don't eat for like a month straight stop being a little bitch, it's really that simple. And don't eat any junk food after finishing either. Don't worry about 'autophagy' either its more to do with gut microbiome

it's optimal, but adherence is more important.

So if dinner suits people better whatever

What's the best time of day to eat when doing OMAD?

I don't give a fuck about my circadian rhythm, that's not the point of fasting you dullard.

I usually eat at around 4pm if I'm doing omad. Then bed around 8-9.

My re-read my answer.

Anyone get little white dots appearing in their vision

Its a little like before you faint

I do have low blood pressure so maybe its related to that, im going to end my fast today at a little over 48 hours

Pls respond

Wi-will you fap to my poop, mister?

Im gonna break my 4th day water fast today with a pizza
Fuck yeahhh
Today is also my birthday!

Does anyone else have HUGE cravings on day 9-10? Currently on day 10 and I've had the worst cravings. Up until day 9 I only had mild ones.