Childhood is idolizing the Middle Ages

Childhood is idolizing the Middle Ages

Adulthood is realizing that the Age of Discovery is a much more interesting period

Attached: 1417042592382.jpg (1348x1098, 310K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-australia-map/map-proves-portuguese-discovered-australia-new-book-idUSSYD3449720070321
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw never explore the world with your mates, bringing riches and fame to your country and family

Attached: 1521343808245.jpg (398x325, 31K)

>tfw Europa Unversalis is the only game that set in Age of Discovery out there.
No. Sid Meier shit and Total War don't count.

Literally the opposite. Childhood is thinking terms like "age of enlightenment" and "dark ages" are accurate descriptors and not politically correct terms devised for shaping opinions. The true redpill is realizing the Inquisition and the harsh lessons learned during the Romantic era lead directly to the age of imperialism and European glory.

Anno you faggot

*user

Anno 1503

I'm really hoping they don't fuck up 1800.

Childhood is idolizing the Classical Antiquity.

Adulthood is realizing the Bronze age is better.

I wish I was Portuguese

Everything we know about the Bronze Age comes from Dass Anûs

Read the pilgrimage by Fernão Mendes Pinto, it was quite an adventure but it wasnt that romantic

Why?

Childhood is idolizing Genghis Khan's Mongolia

Adulthood is realizing the Bogd Khanate and early People's Republic era is infinitely more fascinating

Attached: some clown's painting of Ungern.jpg (650x580, 92K)

Childhood is idolizing European history.
Adulthood is realizing Central Asian and Middle-Eastern ones are much more interesting.

>Childhood is idolizing European history.
>Adulthood is realizing Central Asian and Middle-Eastern ones are much more interesting.

Maturity is reading European history.

t. American of 100% European ancestry

Nah, 100% Finngolian.

This.
MENA and Central Asia was the GOAT place to be from when Rome fell right to the Ottoman decline

Young adulthood maybe. Recognizing the superiority of Classical Antiquity is the sign of true maturity.

@4334019
I can't take somebody that says "redpill" seriously. Also do you not see how that's a politically loaded term devised for shaping opinions?

How many people on this board actually know anything at all about medieval history? Most of the time it seems like apart from the 100 years war peoples awareness of history begins in 1517

>Childhood is idolizing the Middle Ages
>Adulthood is realizing that the Age of Discovery is a much more interesting period
Patricianhood is understanding that Portugal secretly controls the world and it's responsible for events such as the Arab Spring, the Catalonian Revolution and Neymar's transfer to PSG

Attached: André-André-e-António-André-620x455(2).jpg (620x455, 63K)

>ywn be Roman Von Ungern Stenberg
>you will never be considered the reincarnation of Gengis Khan, liberate Mongolia, and be on your way to reconquer Russia from the Bolsheviks which you would have acomplished if you had any knowledge of logistics

I wanna cry, bros

At least they are upfront about it.
'Redpill' is explicit, at least. 'Just not okay' is the language of a euthanasia doctor or some other kind of genocidal creep.

Childhood is researching a specific point in history and deciding that its better then all others

Adulthood is recognizing all of human history and beyond is interesting and worth studying

gay

I'm Portuguese and it's a frustrating experience. We have a rich history but nowadays we are irrelevant. In sports, we manage to do well sometimes but not on a regular basis like other bigger countries. We have good food and cities to explore but most people don't even know about it. And if you go abroad and say your name, people think you are Spanish.
It still beats being born in some slavic or non-European shithole with no history or culture though

I love these, does anyone have some more?

Attached: 1515192694714.png (1096x680, 1.17M)

I never really cared much for medieval history save for the reconquista. As a kid I always preferred classical antiquity, the age of discovery, the enlightenment, and WWII.

>tfw I'm unironically a Portuboo
If you go on /int/ you probably know who I am.

Attached: 1515551153974.jpg (2074x1418, 2.64M)

The American who has a friend in the Leiria region?

Yeah, I have several friends in Caldas actually. I also have a friend from Amadora and know some people from Porto and a guy from Sesimbra.

Nice to see you again bro.

/int/ has become autism central as far as portuguese threads/posters are concerned.

I mostly just see fake maps about HDI, gini, etc. where people make Portugal look Africa-tier. Does that one American who claims to be Iber still post constantly?

Age of Discovery predates the Enlightenment and occurred during the peak years of the Inquisition, it's basically the high point of the Middle Ages.

Which is precisely why it's so bad-ass.

>I mostly just see fake maps about HDI, gini, etc. where people make Portugal look Africa-tier.
Not very active then. Last weeks have been an absolute cringe fest.
>Does that one American who claims to be Iber still post constantly?
Of course.

Always cracks me up that guy btw. Glorious poster, and he's Iberian, at least he looks like one. But I don't anymore if it's always him, or some other guy(s) LARping as him.

Fifth empire when?

Attached: 1518225685967.png (600x700, 38K)

Yeah, I don't go on /int/ much these days but the bits I've seen tell me it's changed a lot in the past year or so. I remember throughout 2016 everyone was desperately trying to prove their whiteness but now it's all KARA BOGA.

Attached: Portugal England.png (1128x1220, 106K)

>I remember throughout 2016 everyone was desperately trying to prove their whiteness.
It continues, for some of the Portuguese at least.

>for some of the Portuguese
I've noticed lots of Nortenhos who are like that.

Yea.

Best age of discovery explorer

Attached: Captainjamescookportrait.jpg (1020x1280, 255K)

there were more good times than bad

Attached: anglo port alliance.jpg (940x1203, 375K)

>french retreat
Beautiful

Attached: 1521152062124.gif (413x233, 2.62M)

>reuters.com/article/us-australia-map/map-proves-portuguese-discovered-australia-new-book-idUSSYD3449720070321
OH NO OH NOO NOO

Next time add some good moments from different periods, you know, that way it seems like there was a single good moment.

i didn't make it tbqh

Attached: anglo port alliance1.jpg (1400x649, 236K)

Just giving a brotip

>first European to land in Australia
>discovers Antarctica
>maps North America accurately
>discovers hawaii

>first European to land in Australia
doubtful

I always idolised ancient ages

Why you gotta talk shit

Attached: simeon-veliki.jpg (593x343, 64K)

More history and culture then you Jose

Attached: 1521627267886.png (624x434, 56K)

Ides perder o campeonato seus porcos
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Attached: entrevistaJJ2.png (835x531, 626K)

>mongol/japanese rapebaby

Most normies think of the 1400's when they think of the middle ages anyway.

I'd say the Norman conquest, Reconquista, Crusades, and the Mongol Invasion are all fairly well known, even among the general populace. I'd expect on a history board the knowledge would be even greater, even if it seems like most people here are primarily interested in WW2 or antiquity.

Childhood is idolizing renaissance
Adulthood is realizing Islamic golden age makes more sense

Tbh age of discovery is the only period in western civilisation that I don’t like.

and true patricianhood is realizing the napoleonic era was objectively the most interesting in history and shall never be surpassed.

Attached: 1519634798204.png (2000x2000, 71K)

>barely beat second rate french army that has second rate commanders and is barely supplied
>yet you almost always outnumber them

Attached: 1516496850803.png (545x530, 234K)

The Age of Discovery is the beginning of the end for the west.

Childhood is idolizing Rome
Adulthood is idolizing Greece

Childhood is idolizing World War II
Adulthood is idolizing World War I

Childhood is idolizing the Vikings
Adulthood is idolizing the Saxons

childhood is idolizing what other people tell you to.

adulthood is realizing that you should idolize what appeals to you personally and fuck what anyone else says

childhood is hating the illuminati
adulthood is worshipping bogdonoff

t, eurocentrists

The only good centuries for Europe were the 18th and 19th. Everything else was shit, including this one.

Senior expertise knowledge and unquestionable logic is idolizing local history and obscure Bronze age farming techniques all the while totally ignoring battles and weapons since that's for children to fawn over the kool kombat.

This

Can a American who loves your history love there? Or is that asking too much.

Im liking this meem

Never got a chance to ask this to a portuguese in hopes of having a sincere answer, and it seems this thread is full of them

How do you think about us Galicians? Do you even have an opinion on us?

this
I don't have favorites, I have domains of expertise

Childhood is being interested Medieval Europe
Adolescence is being interested in Modern history
Adulthood is being interested in the Ancient World and the Age of Discovery
Fatherhood is being interested in WW2 western front History Channel specials
Maturity is being interested in niche cultural histories
True wisdom is being interested in the all the terrible fuckups that are post-Colonial Africa
Ascendance is making history
Godhood is being interested in the Hyperwar

Attached: Millenials.jpg (1280x720, 246K)