Is this a meme? Or did I find a good program?

Is this a meme? Or did I find a good program?

Other urls found in this thread:

samsfitness.com.au/weights-for-sale/olympic-weights-plates/0-5kg-olympic-weight-plate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, that's good. Stick with it for 3-6 months.

Thanks man. It was my first time doing dips today. I had to do seated dips. Do they count?

If you can't do proper dips, I'd recommend negatives instead or use close-grip bench press to build tricep strength (since CGBP can be loaded below BW). Of course any tricep work you do counts though, progress is progress. Good luck man

Its decent except for deadlifts. It's hot garbage for deadlifts

How to fix

3x3+ instead of 1x5+. If squat and dead become disproportional, alternate them for a while instead of 2-1 squat to dead.

This program was written by a tranny

You tell me

do more diddlys, 3x5+

This. The insistence that
>beginners only need to do 1x5 for deadlifts
Is an idea that needs to fucking die. More deadlift volume is okay and beginners can definitely handle it

If my squat is 87.5kg and my dead is 100kg would it hurt to do deads on all three days for a few weeks to drive my numbers up?

is that like, way too little volume? or am I just doing way too much volume? for 3 times a week that just seems like absolutely no volume at all

3x5 is fine for beginners

Those are pretty proportional numbers. Plug em' into Symmetric Strength to see if they're that disproportional. That said, I'd say 2x week DL is the limit for effectiveness. Realistically, 1.5 x (alternating squats and deads) would be the best for you.
It's a novice strength-based program, it's meant to have a low-moderate amount of volume. The amount of volume in a program depends on how much conditioning one is capable of, and their goals. For beginners who just need to get better at compounds, this is a good program.

It looks fine but ive only been running greyskull for a week. (Stronglifts before that, but i didnt like 5x5 squats every day) ill alternate them if my strength score gets disproportional. For now i might keep progressing in 5kg increments for diddlys until i stall (i had do deload twice to work on my form)

Serious question: which is objectively better, Stronglifts 5x5 or Greyskull? I've been doing Stronglifts for a month now, and I can notice some results, but I'm also plateauing on my OHP quite quickly.

It's not as good as Texas Method.

Depends. Id recommend doing a program where you squat 3x a week for a few weeks until you do greyskull.

Greyskull. SL is acceptable for the first month tho, but any longer than that and any benefits get drowned by the detriments. Would recommend you hop over to Greyskull, OP's or Phraks are fine.

Stronglifts for sure.
The OHP plateaus rather easily, so be patient with it and don't rush ahead. It's the first lift to plateau. Try to increase it 5lbs every 3-4 workouts.

Yeah my squats aren't bad at all. In fact, I'm pretty proud that I haven't plateaued yet. To me, some of the better aspects of Greyskull are:
- Shorter time in the long run (~1 hour) whereas I can foresee SL taking around 1.5 hours in the future.
- The AMRAP sounds quite appealing to me.

Thanks for the advice, I was wondering if anyone else had the same issues with OHP. I really like Stronglifts because the app makes it so easy to track my progress and stay on track. I'll probably stick with it for another month or so, and then switch to Greyskull.

Thanks for the answer. If you've done both, what's the most obvious advantage of doing Greyskull over SL?

More conservative progress on bench and OHP is way better and I went longer before deloads, and when I deloaded, I could go for rep PR's which helped push past the weight I failed at. Also no squat+DL days and chin-ups are great.

Keep in mind that on the other 3 big lifts you can probably keep progressing for another 3-4 months. Sometimes you'll need to repeat a weight, but if you eat big and keep doing SL then it'll benefit you for much longer than another month.

Not OP but have been following phraks greyskull variant with BB preacher curls on bench days and dips on Press days. I recently stopped the dips because the other day I saw a lot say dips aren't very beneficial on GS. I've felt like I should do more diddly sets, but wanted to stick to the program. Now I'm convinced to do more diddlies after reading this.
My questions are:
A. Veeky Forums GS or Phraks GS, which is preferential?
B. If Phraks, what accessories should I be adding?

Follow up question I forgot about
Phraks variant says to increase by 2.5lbs on upper body lifts, unless you hit 10 reps on the AMRAP. My gym (nor any gym I've been to) has 1.25lbs weights, and I don't have the money to buy any right now. Is increasing by 5lbs okay, or am I fucking up?

A. It really doesn't matter, Fit's just has extra arm/chest work. If that's appealing to you, then sure.
B. Whatever you want, really. I'd recommend face-pulls, curls, tricep work (cgbp, dips, rippletits lying extension, cable pushdown).
Either version is fine, so you could honestly just flip a coin to choose.

I was able to get 0.5kg plates for $2.50aud each.

Couple solutions.
1. Use a kitchen scale to weigh out plastic bags full of rocks to 1.25 lbs.
2. Buy some magnets to stick to the bar.
3. Just do two sessions at the same weight if you don't get many reps.

Right on, all sounds good.

.5kg or .5lbs? Sorry I'm a 'murifag and .5kg is the same as 10lbs...?

I'm in full agreement. I can't even do 1x5 alone I consider 2 sets a warm up at first. I wouldn't diddly without warming up.

0.5kg = 1.25lbs

Rocks in a bag feels so simply stupid it's genius. Can't believe I didn't think of that
Thanks user

Where did you get those plates? I'm interdasted

I thought u were writing codes

samsfitness.com.au/weights-for-sale/olympic-weights-plates/0-5kg-olympic-weight-plate