Is pizza really unhealthy?

Is pizza really unhealthy?

Or is it just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

streetsicecream.com.au/Resources/Images/Streets-Golden-Gaytime1837-611557.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a shitload of carbs, sodium, and saturated fat, which most Americans get way too much of. If you can make it fit your macros and micros, then go for it.

If 1 is pic related and 100 is a kiwi, pizza is probably around a 55.

they eat it daily in Greece and have a far lower obesity rate

Pepperoni + Jalapenos is a damn good combo

Scoop the toppings and cheese off and eat that. Atleast that's what I do whenever my friends or family order pizza. The real bad part of pizza is just how much carbs there is.

I want to fuck that pizza

>america hate thread

>Doing insulin injections instead of hot fudge post workout

C'MON

>Being this autistic

>scooping cheese off to remove carbs
nigga what. Are you actually clinically retarded?

whats wrong with that pizza?

is it retarded?

>gluten
>cheese
>tomato sauce high in anti-androgenic lycopene

w-what is that?

Jalapenos on pizza is one hunned my nigga

This. The amount of actual good nutrition you get from the veggies is far overshadowed by the fat, sodium, carbs, and simple sugars that’s in everything else.

They complement it with active lifestyle, Mediterranean salads and not being retarded. That's how you can get away with eating pizza. Also 30% Unemployment helps, so you always have time to play football with your boys.

It’s a good question. A lot of people don’t know how bad pizza really is.

materialized regret

it's literally a vegetable, healthy as fuark. eat up op

t. us congress

Yeah, I wish more people knew that it's not really that bad for you.

The bottom part seems like caramel glazed waffles...

as in not bad at all?

Fuckoff shitposter

But it is. The cholesterol, the fat, the sugar. Don’t get me wrong. A slice or two now then isn’t going to kill you. But, we both know how people approach pizza. It isn’t just one or two slices.. they eat 3 or 4 more times what they should.

yup, I am a vegan and can eat pizza because it has no meat in it

ye i get u

Wtf pizza has sugar in it?

what do you think carbs are?

He scoops of the cheese and toppings and just eats that and not the base you mong

complex sugars

>tfw my roommate has been buying pizza everyday this week and has been sharing it with me

Am I gonna die?

>liking pee pee johns

You should do your will ASAP, user.

It's not really autistic. Whenever I'm with my friends they get pizza and my dad orders pizza like 3 times a week.

Na user, have a slice for me. I've been on a 2 protein scoop fast for almost 6 days now, 8.5 more to go.

Just make your own pizza if you're craving it. Add chicken breast on top to balance out the carbs.

Fuck that almost made me sick looking at it

Depends. The restaurant ones are definitely bad for you, but if you go through the effort to make your own and you're willing to cut down on the cheese in favour of more vegetables, then you're probably fine.

do you guys think pizza with whole grain crust and a small amount of cheese and loads of toppings could work?

There are worse things you could eat. And better ones, too.

Thin crust. I like Domino's Brooklyn style if I have to order.

what about the cheese? or you are only eating half baked bred with tomato sauce and calling it pizza?

get thin crust artisan shit and only put on green veges and lean meats and it's fine

What if you use a small-medium pizza as your whole day's worth of food on a carb up day before a workout every 2 weeks or so?

So he eats bread with tomato sauce? Aka a margherita?

fucking goddamn it

On a related note; will a glass or two of red wine each day with dinner kill my gainz? I'm a newbie, I'm in good shape rn but want I want to get serious, I'm sick of being in just decent shape I want to be "that guy" among my friends, the one they all wish they were.

Daily reminder that Chad EATS PIZZA while you HIT the GYM

If you mean typical pizza parlor pizza, yes it is loaded with low quality ingredients, fat, salt, refined carbohydrates.

You can make a much better version yourself by using a whole-grain thin base, lean/quality meats and quality cheese and lots of vegetables.

Or you can make the base out of thin chicken breast fillets too if you want.

I like getting a thin-crust medium pizza like once a week. I also like hoagies and cheesesteaks and pretzels! If you're young and have a good metabolism and work routine, and you don't get too bogged down after you eat pizza, go for it! To be honest, breakfast with a whole potato makes me feel more sluggish than a whole pizza.

>Being this retarded

My weakness.

Pizza as a concept is not "unhealthy". Pizza how its made and sold today is extremely unhealthy. 500g-1kg of cheese + high amouth of sodium + high amouth of fat + high amouth of isolated carbs.

If you eat tuna on top, you got the metals, if you eat salami you got more sodium and processed red meat.

Do pizza alone with good stuff.

No cheese or meat
Whole wheat dough without oil or salt in it
Real tomato sauces
A leafy green
Mushroom
Olives

They're called conuts. The cone is made out of cronut, which is a croissant x cinnamon donut

I had a golden gaytime version for the first time ever last weekend with my gf and it fucking ruled

is right but I felt so gnarly afterwards

It's a big white bread, mate, that means a lot of short carbs and sugar.

yeah just make it yourself and its fine. Fresh veg, home made tomato paste, olives and your sweet. Just make sure your cheese choice isn't totally fucked

Golden gaytime?

it's an ice cream in australia. Cbf saving the photo and uploading here's a link to a picture

streetsicecream.com.au/Resources/Images/Streets-Golden-Gaytime1837-611557.png

What about wings from pizza places? I'm sure it's still not good for you but it's gotta be a decent shit alternative right? ThAts usually my go-to choice when friends wanna go out for pizza just so I'm not being a party pooping sperg. While everyone else goes into a carb coma from pizza I'm usually feeling tiny amounts of regret at most

It's barely even spring, why are there already summerfags?

Cunt what?

You can post a picture by copying the URL into the file upload window.

Fucking since when? I've browsed for years and had no idea

Sugar,starches,or fibers

The flour and breadcrumbs do contain a fair amount of carbs. I remember checking for mcdonalds nuggets to try and find a low carbs fast food alternative. It's lower carbs but it won't do if you're on keto.

If you're making it by hand from scratch, you're ok as long as you don't overload the cheese. We have a hand grinder and grind wheat berries into flour to make our dough/bread products. Green peppers, tomatoes from the garden, fresh mushrooms from the store and a conservative amount of cheese with homemade sauce and were are significantly healthier than anything you get from a store/pizzeria.Plus, its fun for the kids to make their own mini pizzas. Its a lot of work, but you don't feel bad eating it. Also, we use whole grain wheat berries.

A lot of people in this thread seem to not understand why pizza is unhealthy. It's not just the toppings ffs, the flatbread that you put your toppings on is a bigger issue, and the biggest one is the combination of the two.

You get a high carb + high fat (fat is not bad if you lift, but in combination with carbs it gets more problematic) meal that I am sure tastes very good, but it's not good for your health. Sure a pizza now and then won't do any harm, but it's most certainly NOT healthy food.

Why is it so hard for people to understand: carbs = basically sugar, to simplify it a bit.