Powerlifting vs Crossfit

Why does the top powerlifters look like shit but top crossfit athletes look aesthetic? Is powerlifting a meme?

this is the lowest common denominator of bait.

Yes

>huurr look at how much i can move a barbell a few inches for a single rep.

The average crossfitters are more explosive and generally more athletic.

The average powerlifters cant even snatch 1 plate without failing miserably, which is very pathetic.

they average powerlifter also cant climb a flight of stairs, looks like shit and has autism

Crossfitters don't know what form is. Sorry if I hurt your feelings

>2017
>Crossfitters don't know what form is

The average Crossfitter can't snatch 1 plate

Butthurt crosshitter from yesterday's thread? Go blow out some joints and tendons before killing yourself

I'm an average curlbro.

Try harder

>roids

>roids

Hard to tell if you're laughing at crossfitters or saying they do know what form is sorry. Either way enjoy your curls and carry on.

Credit where credit is due. CrossFit changed the game for everyone. It produces jacked up monsters with big engines at it's highest levels. It made the bodybuilders want to be more functional and powerlifters be less fat and gross. For weightlifters it got a bunch of ppl interested in the sport ppl like KrisPope who competed for the national team never heard about oly lifts before she signed up for xFit.

I don't even need to talk about the worse of CrossFit.

It's not a competition, take the best of whatever system throw away the rest

Too be fair, you made a good point there.
It make specialty lifters want to be more generalized, look at powerlifting, it went from the niche multy ply to the ever popular raw powerlifter.
Most of the negatives from crossfit come from crossfit being a corporation.

Can one of you crossfitters please tell me what this exercise is

Are any of these, even

Snapcity Pullups

Wait what the actual fuck is going on here?

That system already exists, it's called strongman

Strongman is the only sport that has real world carryover

Powerlifting is still super niche. Less than it was but highland fucking games was less niche than old powerlifting.

That said, I kind of miss the old multiply days.

I compete in Strongman. Not a damn thing we do has anything resembling real-world carryover. If you're strong enough to use half the implements even empty, you're strong enough that any chance of improvements carrying over to your day-to-day life is out the window.

>Why does the top powerlifters look like shit
t. sub 300 wilkslet

pic related, IPF 83 kg champion

Your ignorance is shows, since the best powerlifters are almost always the ones with the most muscle possible within their weight class.

another top powerlifter, Bryce Krawczyk

Weighted Costanza faces

>83kg with that mass
He has to be like 5'6

>The Virgin powerlifter
>The Chad crossfitter
>The Pussyslayer rock climber and surfer

>Crossfitter
>without elbow sleeves and wristwraps
>no belt needed
You must never have met one, looking at the 1pl8 snatching crossfit lifting elite that hangs out at my gym, the stuff mentioned above seems to be obligatory apparel

>The Virgin powerlifter
>The Chad crossfitter
>The giga-Chad actual athlete who uses elements from both to complement his training and actually become good at something

I think crossfit has a serious imago issue where the biggest retards are the loudest. I really dont see why any sane person would want to associate with a community as snappy as crossfit but there still umdoubtedly are some strong, athletic people doing crossfit with good form and programming. Just not too many to make it seem 'intimidating' like weightlifting

>good form
>kipping pullup

Yeah that's not what I'm talking about. Snapping pullups are obviously moronic

Accounting for the helium, that's 1pl8, right?