Front vs Back

You're given a choice. You can only do one.

Front squat or back squat?

(c) no squat

legs are for lames

Low bar back squat. All dat activation

>He squats

Lmao enjoy your stumpy unasthetic legs and looking like a manlet even though you dont even compete in anything and lift recreationally

Front squat has the same muscle activation with less weight. Lower risk of injury, much harder to do wrong, less tension on the knees give front squat a clear advantage. It also transfers better into Olympic lifting.

>same muscle activation with less weight
holy mother of broscience

I'll do front squats, because they target my weak areas way better than back squats

Back squat, because I cannot do front squats for more than ~10 reps per week or the pain inhibits normal function.

Front squats work better for me

>I can only stick to one exercise ever
How to spot a dyel

I have terrible ankle dorsiflexion, I've never been able to do a proper front squat

Everyone saying front Squat >> back Squat is not flexible enough to do high bar back squat and don't want to stretch so they just stick to rounding their backs on front squats.
Learn how to stretch you mongrels

Neither. Unless you're planning on being a competitive bodybuilder, they're a pointlessly dangerous exercise, and you can get the same results with a few other exercises that aren't dangerous at all.

Overhead squat

Back high bar

I actually posted to find out what people prefer, not because I wanted one lift to do forever.

my wrists/arms don't allow me to do front squats

>Front squat
>Less tension on the knee

Are you being intentionally retarded to bait (you)s? Because it's working.

I should probably choose front squats for them quads, since I'd be doing dl for hamstrings anyway, but I fucking hate front squats desu. So I'd rather just do back squats.

>Front squat has the same muscle activation with less weight. Lower risk of injury, much harder to do wrong,

This is as untrue as it can be.
You can't do front squats properly unless your core is mediocre+
Fronts need stronger core, better stability (you are NOT supposed to lean forward like at BS), flexible arms and much more flexible legs.
Back squats are solely for stronger legs, anybody can do them. Fronts are advanced and exceed dyel level

t. oly lifter

i front squat more often than i back squat so i guess front.

deadlift

only correct answers

Front squats cause you to lean back more and take a lot of weight fron the knee and quads into the back and glutes.
T. Personal trainer.

This is literally opposite. Did you mean to write back squats? I hope you did or you should be fired.

Literally the most retarded post possible

No, front squats do put the weight further forward, and to comoensate and correct posture, this forces you to lean back more. This means that weight that would be lifted entirely by quads and glutes and only somewhat stabilized by core is now lifted by delts, pecs, spinalis, glutes, and quads. With the front squat, the same weight is more widely distributed among more muscles, and the knees don't have to go as far forward to maintain balance, taking strain from the joint. If you're getting knee strain from front squats, you're squatting too deep.

Paused front squats 5 secs at the top, 5 secs in the squat

Spinal erectors/core/quads/shoulder work

Lel what more can I ask for

Back squat, I like having a strong core and legs.

3 seconds on google shows me that back squats have more glute and back activation than front squats which are more quad and core activation

do you even lift, actually

This.Every gym goer has a stronger posterior chain than an anterior chain

>World's fastest googler found the answer in 3 seconds.
>Refuse to include link and share his triumph.
Hmm... I wonder.

Back low bar

Close grip lowbar squats are goat

Shoot the person who's forcing me to pick only one.

>close grip lowbar
enjoy destroying your wrists

>squatting too deep.

No Such Thing