/fat/ Eat your vegetables edition

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/diet/guide/rapid-weight-loss#2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Today i visited an orthopedy to get my wrist checked out, the result was that its probably carpal tunnel but he can't tell for sure and he transfered me to a neurologist for confirmation. The neurologist appointment is in 2 weeks. However he said that if is carpal tunnel i should avoid all weight training and i might need surgery.

Waiting for fat priest to confess

CONFESS.

Rate muh diet

>Be me
>222lbs, down from 288
>Lifting for 6 months

>mfw I can now see my traps, biceps, triceps, quads, lats, calves and upper pecs through my fat

rip kidney .
I don't know your weight but this is stupid , 180g proton should be an upper limit .

other than that it's great , ditch the whey & olive oil and you've got a perfect whole food diet .
Couldn't you ditch the oil , reduce the chicken & add more nuts ?

>Be fat as fuck
>I'll do a body weight program until i can afford a gym
>don't change caloric intake but eat healthier foods
>2 months later can do one pull up at 5'10" 260lb
>6 months later can do 7 pullups at same bodyweight
>still fat as fuck but now have ridiculous wings
>call me Dr. Fat Lats

>omg your protons too high rip kidneys
>omg that spoonful of olive oil is gonna kill you

Don't listen to these faggots

>call me Dr. Fat Lats

High protein stress the body and kidney and offer no benefit .
The olive oil isn't that unhealthy but it's on par with sugar in term of being "food" .

literally no point having protein that high, also RIP kidneys, enjoy that proteinurea

had a cheat day yesterday where I ate 2200 cals and I loved it.

I don't think I count as /fat/ material though, I'm just a bit overweight at 6'1" 166 lbs

protein shake is unnecessary if you get all you need from diet

I ate a whole can of Pringles yesterday on top of about 1200 cal.

I'm only doing a light diet (yeah, half assed attempt) but still feels bad man.

I had pic related on toast for breakfast leaving me with only 1000 calories for the day. Fucking bread man, I crave it.

Nice progress m8, you're gonna make it.

keep it up guys. we're all gonna make it.
one day at a time.

Doctor Fat Lats, you need to prescribe yourself some cardio you fat knacker.

I caved for the first time in a month and ate two orders of 10 pc wings from wingstop

FORGIVE ME FATHER

>be me
>198 from 285
>lifting since 2010

>mfw see six pack indention in specific lighting
>pecks stick out like tits and back is thick as fuck
>still haven't slimmed down all the way
>still haven't seen my skinny self
>tfw girls date dudes who hoover chips,cupcakes, and chug beer all day while you count your chicken breast and broccoli on a scale and once in a while have some peanut butter as a "treat"
>drink nothing but water and black hole coffee in the morning
>take vitamins
>stil getting now ass while that dude is fucking mad hoes
I know you're supposed to lift for yourself however this shit is demotivating as fuck. it's like working at a job and saving up for years and still not being able to afford a car. Like why work?

Wrong

Is heartbeat the best indicator for effective cardio?
>I'm 31
>6'2"
>280lbs.
>Lifelong smoker
>Max heart rate 190 bpm
For cardio I walk at 5 to 6mph the treadmill on an incline, turning the incline up every five minutes until my heartrate hits 175bpm. I then keep it there for 20mins, lift my weights and then do the cardio again. Will this work along with a 500 cal daily defecit or am I being too autistic?

Not the worst cheat meal ever, at least you avoided the sugar Jew.

Treat yourself to a bj from a quality hooker m8. The second you blow your load you'll realise that bitches ain't shit but hoes n tricks. Focus on yourself bro, fuck roasties for now.

walking is the best way to get into cardio if your fat , you're doing it right my dude .

It doesn't seem very good for losing weight...

I'm not obese I'm just storing fat for when society collapses so I won't starve to death

Cheers, user.

depends, he could be 400lbs

how the fuck would weight training (apart from bicep curls) affect the carpal tunnel? don't trust the Jew doctor

You'll be boiled up into gravy because you're too fat to run.

you seem rather underweight. go bulk!

how will you fight for supplies?

2500 calories is very little for an active male..

AR-15

Is walking 3 miles a day every 5 days considered active?

I think I'm afraid to make it bros. The closer I get, the less motivated I am to continue.

you have to walk AT LEAST 20 miles a week to be active

GIVE UP

stop pushing yourself so hard and just enjoy life and eat whatever you want, it's not that hard to be happy

I work a physical job, go to the gym 5 times a week, and only eat 1900 cals to lose weight.

you can't make it off motivation

He was ripped as fuck, also Google confirms that you shouldn't lift if you have severe carpal tunnel.

No

This whole week has been a positive feedback loop. The scale shows lower numbers every morning (or if not, the average in Happyscale) and from that I get more motivation not to fuck up, which in turn means more weight loss...

Is there anything wrong with chicken Caesar salads? I can eat that shit for breakfast, lunch and dinner and never get sick of it. I know the croutons aren't great, but still.

What are the macros?

You can overeat on a salad if you're not careful. Adding cheese, croutons or tortilla strips, and dressing can take a salad from 300 calories to 800 pretty quick.

Does anyone else chew chocolate and candy then spit it out?

>only lost 2kg in a month

I NEED TO PUSH IT HARDER BROS

It'd suck if it was only water weight.

I'm with you brother.

So is our lord Jesus.

i drink water like a motherfucker user

Do a pure water fast then, don't believe the jewish lies about losing muscle mass - it only gets a bad rap because you can't package and market the total absence of food.

but my doctor said not to!

Don't be retarded

tell him to eat diet jelly at least so his tummy doesn't hurt

The Venezualan Government begs to disagree, user.

That passes completely after a few days, if you're a proper fatass you can easily do 3-4 weeks no problem, just supplement some magnesium and potassium, plus regular salt for headaches.

Overweight: fat but still physically capable

Obese: physically incapable due to being fat

Morbidly obese: so fat you will die from a heart attack without lifestyle change or medical intervention

Super obese: so fat that without continued medical intervention you will unequivocally and unconditionally die of a heart attack regardless of any lifestyle change

>"people who have cheat meals won't make it"
>"people who don't water fast or at least do omad won't make it"
>"people who don't lift or exercise won't make it"
>"people who go 'but it fits muh macros' won't make it"

>have cheat meals almost every meal
>don't water fast
>don't omad
>don't lift or exercise
>stuff face with disgusting amounts of calories to have in one sitting "hurrr but it fits muh macros"
>have almost nothing else for the rest of the day
>basically omad but with snacks which isn't omad anymore you stupid fuck
>be altogether a fatlogicing low-willpower slob
>literally jack off to food

>lose 37lbs and counting with no plateaus or indications thereof

u jelly

Went from morbidly obese to just obese and only 12 more kilos until I'm overweight. Feels good man.

Congratulations on your new eating disorder

This is not only why lardasses like you usually aren't gonna make it

but also a clear example of why they shouldn't

???? please elaborate
if anything water fasting is more like an eating disorder than what i'm doing

You're having huge meals and grazing on top of it. That's what got you fat in the first place.

And yet, despite this, you're still staying low calorie, because you're only eating one meal a day besides the snacks.

Only eating one meal a day is not normal, nor is it healthy for a normal person. It can be healthy for a fatass, but he has to be able to take it. Same thing with water fasting.

If you still feel the need to snack, you can't take it.

You're forcing yourself to engage in an abnormal eating pattern, that you don't truly have what it takes to maintain, because something about it, in this case the results you're seeing, is comforting to you.

That's what an eating disorder is.

Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, scrapple. Based breakfast.

Water fasting is retarded, but so are cheat meals and the mentally that you should be able to eat anything as long as it fits your calories goal.

water fasting actually works
you just need that and maybe a multivitamin and you'll have a party.

>birthday was today
>stayed up late hanging out
>late to work today
>no time for healthy breakfast
>mom brings me cake for brunch

fffffffff

I've been going to the gym/trying different routines for a few months now while trying to lose weight, gone from 240 to 223 but at this rate I don't think I'll be able to achieve 200 around the new year.
Are there specific workout routines I should be looking for? I assumed any routine is ok because even though the stated goal is gaining muscle I would still be on a calorie deficit therefore losing weight while gaining a small amount of muscle.

the wings are ok, fries are not

The fuck is a scrapple?

Double your cardio.

>water fasting actually works

No one ever said that starving yourself won't make you lose weight, the argument is that the method doesn't promote long term habits of proper eating, on top of the fact that fast weight loss is extremely risky and there is a much higher muscle-loss/weight-loss ratio compared to a normal diet consisting of eating healthy foods totaling 25-50% below TDEE.

I've considered doing that but I read its the first step towards bullemia. Also I'm 177lb I'm not fat.

>No one ever said that starving yourself won't make you lose weight, the argument is that the method doesn't promote long term habits of proper eating, on top of the fact that fast weight loss is extremely risky and there is a much higher muscle-loss/weight-loss ratio compared to a normal diet consisting of eating healthy foods totaling 25-50% below TDEE.

The guy who lost the weight after 382 days was able to keep it off for the rest of his life.

Also if you check the fasting thread, muscle loss is lower on a strict fast then low calorie diets.

You can put the muscle mass back on, muscle memory is a thing. But if the fat has to go, then it has to go.
What better way to start then at ground zero.

You are right however, better eating is superior. But there is seemingly nothing wrong with a complete water fast along wtih a multivitamin.

>The guy who lost the weight after 382 days was able to keep it off for the rest of his life.
One guy.

>Also if you check the fasting thread, muscle loss is lower on a strict fast then low calorie diets.
Anyone telling you this is wrong and I've done the research myself to know it.

>But there is seemingly nothing wrong with a complete water fast along wtih a multivitamin.
No.

>One guy.
Lot's of guys and gals.

>Anyone telling you this is wrong and I've done the research myself to know it.
Post it.

>No.
Post it.

Outside of the occasional lunatic that will become anorexic(like an actual anorexic will have weight problems and need to fast right)there's no actual negative consequences associated with a pure controlled longterm fast.

I am dead serious.
I want you to show me your proof.

Weight problem as in being overweight and not underweight.

Recommend me some filling foods

Why don't you start by showing me you're "proof" as to why fasting does not induce muscle loss.

Secondly, read through this and tell me again that there are no problems associated with fasting.
webmd.com/diet/guide/rapid-weight-loss#2

That list is more to do with extreme water loss that athletes and ignorant people do...which is mostly water.

This is about fasting.
Your article has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm talking about other then you think it's an instant fat loss pill that will see you dropping a hundred pounds in an afternoon or some such nonsense.

It won't.
It's tough, it sucks, you have to be careful when doing it, and your life will kind of feel like a slow crawl.

>That list is more to do with extreme water loss that athletes and ignorant people do...which is mostly water.

No, it refers to rapid weight loss and what happens when you go weeks on end without eating. It's completely applicable to any kind of water fasting.

I just got out of the gym and saw this parked outside.

I guess it wasn't Keto and the lifting that were helping with my weight loss and gains.

Should I go gym before or after dinner?

i had a pepsi and had a teaspoon of jam on my porridge today

>olive oil is just some omega-6/3 fats that's processed completely differently than sugar
>"it's on par with sugar"

Nigga what?

>I know you're supposed to lift for yourself

I don't know why people say this. It's perfectly natural and normal to lift in order to be more competitive with women. The totality of our evolutionary process points in this direction, since sexual selection is just as important as natural selection. From the point of view of your genes, not being selected by a female is equivalent to dying without reproducing.

Why even lift (just) for yourself?

user, it doesn't actually go into any specifics and reads like an advertisement for nutritionists and gastric bypass surgeons.

All of those problems can be fixed by a multivitamin, some electrolytes if the headaches are getting bad, being active but not going crazy and keeping well hydrated
There, all of the problems fixed.

You should really look into fasting.

I've been looking into it and I can't find much of anything wrong with it other then it not being for people who have very active lives that demand a good amount of energy.
The people like that poor insane boney girl regina or hamtaro-chan slowly destroying themselves are already starving themselves and what I'm saying has no bearing on them.

107kg 5ft 11 and 27% bf

starting off with rowing machines and cycling for cardio with swimming when i can.

doing sl 5x5

with allah on my side i will become human again

it's not real food and its empty calories void of any nutritional value .

rate my lunch

In the off chance that you're actually a Mohammedan, fuck off.

i am christian but i'll take any help

>pretty close to goal weight (10-20 pounds), tfw I left my scale at home and am stuck at dorm without the means to order one
>seems like the way I gain weight is pretty shitty...still have a belly--flat but still slightly sticks out all over the place, lots of waist fat, and chubby as sin upper arms (yeah I'm gril), everything looks good otherwise
>almost feels unreal because at my body fat level I shouldn't be seeing so much pudge

>have been eating less than 1000 calories for a few days now
>frustrated because I've been fat entire life and I want to be at least skinny for my last college year
>feel incredibly uncomfortable with eating anything now
>"what if I'm seriously overestimating the amount of calories I'm eating? Better not eat breakfast or dinner then..."

When you reach a shitty place like this do you just let it run its course?

tallfag here. today I came to the realization that I am literally fucking blessed. my TDEE is 3350 calories and I'm at 23% body fat. jogging 3 times a week. this means I can eat breakfast plus two restaurant meals per day and still be at a significant deficit.

I have so far lost 50 pounds and have only managed to do so by simply not eating between meals. I am always satiated. I basically never cook. it's been fucking easy and I don't see that changing as I reach for my goal weight. the exercise is a recent addition and I'm only doing it for health reasons.

the average person does not have this luxury, and yet when they go to the restaurant they get the exact same portions I do. they're prodded into overeating at every opportunity. it seems there is simply no way for food to be both healthy and convenient unless you're like me.

the game is fucking rigged.

dyel?

It looks like someone already chewed it and spit it out.

No...the gym's far too terrifying. There's nothing but Chads in there hogging all the machines.

And isn't the only way to get rid of fat by cutting, anyways?

in someone healthy appetite is really well regulated , a small man doesn't feel the need for calories as much as a tall man .

or you know having a fast metabolism.

you would have to be abnormally tall for that sort of TDEE, which leads to a host of other issues in life not to mention dying sooner.

And since you only exercise 3 times a work, you've probably overestimated your activity when calculating your TDEE, you havent said how much you run nor have you indicated the length of your diet.

a proper restaurant meal would almost always be 1k+ if its dinner, unless you're getting healthier dishes.

In any case, restaurants overload their foods in fats/salt/sugar so its not healthy at all.