One good reason

Gimme one good reason to NOT skip leg day

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24276305
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can't sorry

stimulating the big muscles like hamstrings and glutes will lead to greater release of growth hormone, making the rest of your muscles bigger

training legs gives test

ok im going

Complete broscience

Because some day a roastie will notice you have tiny legs, will take a picture, and it'll go viral as a meme.
You want to be the laughing stock of lifters AND normies alike? Skip it.

[citation needed]
how much extra growth hormone? probably not enough to work legs

You can only truly lift what your legs can hold.

Anything else requires tools (yes, even the rack is a tool).

you'll need a walker or wheelchair when you're old

You will if you squat and deadlift

>Resistance training in general, increases testosterone and growth hormone, during and immediately after post excercise. It has been shown in many studies, including a published study Int J Sports Med. 1991 Apr;12(2):228-35 done on both men and women during resistance excercise. Squats and deadlifts increase GH and Testosterone, more than other compound excercises during excercise.

>There is however, no significant studies that show that resistance exercise, directly leads to higher hormone levels long term. In fact, for a day or 2 post-exercise, many studies show LH and testosterone decline, while cortisol increases. In other words, building yourself up to a 200 lb ripped bodybuilder doesn’t directly increase your testosterone levels, from when you were smaller. But you might though have higher testosterone levels, due to better eating, supplementation, and working out, as a result of the bodybuilding lifestyle

>The large burst of anabolic hormones resulting from squats and deadlifts, allows most of your muscles to benefit from this release simultaneously. Squats and deadlifts work many muscles simultaneously in the body and will allow most of your body to get some stimulation from the release of the hormones during the workout. The testosterone and GH released, is very crucial for being a catalyst for your muscle growth. It won’t be released as much in the smaller compound excercises, such as bench press. Therefore doing smaller compound excercises, would not be able to makeup for the benefit of having leg workouts in your routine

mirin his v taper

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24276305

You get a great looking ass and bitches love a good ass

My goal is perhaps built ottermode, nothing bigger. Don't really need big legs for that so I just work out legs once a week.

Drug free v-tapers don't lift over 400 lbs from the floor to about their head with a clean and press.

Everyone will think in their head that you have a pair of chicken legs, all women notice once they see you without your pants on.

Glutes make for good thrusting

It gets fun, i used to hate squatting but once you get the movement down, it's great.
And big legs and nice glootes look nice desu. People that dont work on legs much for "aesthetic" reasons, are just too scared to get under the bar.

Beach day

>all women notice once they see you without your pants on.
implying

there is a boost, thats a fact, but its for a very short time and it won't make a single difference on another muscle group growth

I do it because I want strong legs, I don't really care about size all that much. I want to kneel and be able to get up without feeling weak.

Someone with strong legs could snap those fuckboys over their knee.

>squats vs leg press
>no mention of the T and GH increase from other exercises
>20% acute increase (no mention of effects on muscle growth)
tl;dr not worth it to do squats

there are no effects on muscle growth it's a meme

But if you're not training like a fucking pussy, every day should be leg day so you wouldn't be working out at all if you skipped it!

post physique, since your training is so non pussified and every day is leg day

Don't know man... I'm a 5'7 jester of manlets with massive legs already.
I feel like keeping the squats and remove the rest just for strength.

Sorry my camera is a bit sore. But the thing is that you should be lifting as a complement to boost your performance for a sport or something similar. Any program aimed at enhancing your athletic ability will mix upper and lower body movements since doing a 5-day split with separate days for abs and biceps isn't going to be your highest priority, so every day will be leg day

training legs everyday and only legs everyday is what girls and fags do
every day should be a full body day, if it's not calisthenics or lifting it should be doing something athletic or getting your hands dirty or work.

Tfw my teacher knows i lift, and told me her son only does upper body, kek.

I fully agree with you my fellow man of good taste. Maybe I should've phrased it as that if you actually have a dedicated leg day you're already doing it wrong