Tell me, Veeky Forums

Tell me, Veeky Forums
Why is it that you can't sumo DL more than this girl?

>525 lbs / 238 kg
>121 lbs / 55 kg BW

I don't train sumo and I have garbage hip morphology for it.

>crossfit plates
i guarantee thats like 250lb

>sumo
LMAO

Wow she moved it two inches so impressed. Fucking sumo fags I swear to god

Are those legit 25s, 20s, 10s, etc? That is really really fucking impressive, even for sumo.

sumo deadlifts are the leg press of deadlifts

also I don't take steroids

Was that a 6" range of motion? Less?

It’s important to keep in mind that you don’t miss a lift because you were too weak through the entire range of motion. You miss a lift because you were too weak through your very weakest part of the movement. In other words, the critical range of motion that determines whether you make or miss a lift is similarly tiny for a lift with a long range of motion, and a lift with a short range of motion.

Those are weightlifting competition discs. 25kg*6 + 20*2 + 10*2 + 5*2 + 20 = 240kg

there's 1 pair of "crossfit plates" (black bumper plates) there. The rest are colour coded bumper plates, 3x 25 kg each side, 1x 20 kg each side and 1x 10 kg each side. Makes 230 kg + those two black plates atleast.

>tfw been casual lifting for about two years and can inflict a roidmonkey female natty

650 DL with mixed grip at 180 lbs, feelsgoodmanlmao

Outlift*

because she's stronger than me

Black plates are made of neutronium. Each weighs as much as the Earth.

fuck talentchads reeeeeeeeeee

In what fucking dimension is a shorter ROM the same as a longer one? Is work not force x distance?

It IS true that sumo deadlifts allow for a shorter range of motion. Escamilla found (or at least validated – it’s pretty obvious to anyone who’s minimally observant) that a sumo deadlift has a ~20-25% shorter range of motion than a conventional deadlift.

However, the difference in range of motion doesn’t really matter. Yes, it DOES mean that a conventional deadlifter needs to do 20-25% more mechanical work to complete a lift, but:

Most maximal deadlifts take 5 seconds or less to complete. Even the grindiest deadlift is usually locked out within 10 seconds. Your muscles have enough stored ATP and phosphocreatine to ensure that maximal outputs lasting shorter than 8-10 seconds won’t be limited by energy production. The difference in mechanical work would likely make a difference in a deadlift-for-reps challenge, but not when talking about a 1rm attempt. In other words, stance width influences the ability to, say, deadlift 405 for 40 reps in under a minute, but not necessarily the maximum amount of weight someone can lift (in a general sense, though one variation will likely be stronger for you than the other).

work is irrelevant in a 1rm attempt because it's over before fatigue ever becomes a factor, the only relevant thing is if you generate enough torque at the joints at the most mechanically disadvantageous part of the lift (which for sumo is right off the floor)

so ROM is completely irrelevant for 1rm attempts

inb4
>why can i rack pull more than i deadlift or quarter squat more than i squat
because you eliminate the most mechanically disadvantageous part of the ROM entirely, you could not deadlift-to-the-knees more than you deadlift or squat from the hole to 1/4 of the way up more than you can full squat even though those are also smaller ROM movements, so obviously range of motion is not the reason why those lifts are easier

it would matter for reps though like said

if that's not an e-stat you're seriously talented

to answer your question, OP:

they can't lift that heavy and...
>blames lack of training and genetics

>feels better by telling himself it's actually not that heavy

>makes fun of the choice of lift, even though he can't lift that heavy with either sumo or conventional

>complains about a lack of ROM, even though he can't lift that heavy

>tries, but fails, to equate a 45 degree lift with a 90 degree lift

>complains about the ROM

nice broken male egos you got there

All these assblasted nu-males trying to degrade this very impressive lift. This is a great feat because it's a girl and, mostly, because SHE only weighs 121lbs.

i can do 50lbs more conventional but i'm a 185lb male training for 6 years

this is seriously a mindblowing lift wtf

Actual lifters who aren't afraid to acknowledge talent when they see it

I need a name

Larry wheels looking scary as fuck in the back

I can do 500 conventional and i weigh 150 5'10" my sumo used to always be 100+ lbs stronger but i stopped doing it after an abductor injury.

Talent not so much. Genetic freak on all the right drugs.

Nvm I found it, her name and s stefi cohen. Her highest raw lift in comp was 485 at 123. That’s impressive. She’s pretty cute too

Stefi Cohen not OP

That is really impressive. Good on her! No way I could do that.

Really fucking immense. There are few male lifters who can move 4x bw

Genetic freak equals talent in this sport senpai

I don't care how much people are going to say about her not being natty or sumo or whatever. This woman just deadlifted over four times her bodyweight. Even with eighty gazillion supposed "cheat" factors, a >4x bodyweight deadlift is still impressive.

Because I haven’t been lifting as long.

not bad.