Anyone else on Veeky Forums very particular about working out their shoulder muscles?

anyone else on Veeky Forums very particular about working out their shoulder muscles?
I prioritize broad shoulders over all else

mein neger
face pulls are numero uno for aesthetics

You and me buddy.

I do lat raises every workout. One of the few exercises I prioritize, along with chin ups.

all natties should prioritize ohp, delts do way more for your physique than chest does. plus ohp takes care of the upper chest.

>OHP
>for delts as a natty

Ask me how I know you're a turbodyel

So what's good for delts as natty?

Wide shoulders, narrow waist. Shoulders at least 1.5x wider than waist.

Seated behind the neck press and face pulls, breh.

You should be doing tons and tons of face pulls, band pull aparts, rear flyes, and lateral raises. Rear and side delts are what gives you the 3D look and the width

OHP is good too, but it mostly targets front delts and traps which get worked elsewhere.

shoulders should be 1.618 times wider than waist

The statistically significant cutoff is a *minimum* of 1.5 times wider. And more is better. The golden ratio is for faggots who spend too much time looking at old statues of nude men.

I have a broad frame but it's more thanks to my chest, not my shoulders

>face pulls
So what do you do for...you know the rest of the fucking shoulders?

Speaking of which, i love doing side raises but im struggling to get mass on fronts. What do?

Bench and ohp 3-4x week

I'm a 140 lb skelley who just found fit and learned about SS the other day.
I bought a rack and bench and have a barbell.
I know for gaining weight I should just focus on compounds and not do dyel isolation stuff but I MUST do something about my delts.
They literally do not even exist. Just bones.

Those work lateral and posterior delts better than literally anything else. Are you not benching and pressing for front delts?

Everything on you is bones. Run the program. You'll be fine.

I can and do bench alot plus i do OHP once per rotation (every week) but i dont get any mass
Come to think of it i might have rounded shoulders, which would explain my pain in my sternum when i do dips or strain myself

gonna go to jewtube and see

your chest sticks out further to the side than your shoulders?
are you some sort of alien?

OHP is essential for having good delts and building up size in the shoulder girdle. You should try to get your press at least to 185 for reps.
Grab your left shoulder with your right hand and do the movement of a lateral raise. Feel the side delt working.
Now do the same thing but mimic a shoulder press movement. You can feel the side delt working in a similar fashion.

> tons of face pulls, band pull aparts, rear flyes, and lateral raises. Rear and side delts are what gives you the 3D look and the width

agreed. The rear delts are the most important part of the shoulder.
Other good lifts are

crucifix hold
lying face down hold
bradford press
rear delt dumbell swing
incline bench wide grip barbell row
rear delt dumbell row
semi-snatch grip yates row

here's my shoulders workout:

3x10 Rear Delt Flies
3x10 Lateral Raises @ 8KG (17.6lb)
5x5 OHP @ 50kg (110lb)
3x10 Cable Face Pulls
3x5 seated DB Shoulder Press @ 22.5KG (49.5lb)
3x10 Upright Rows @ 50KG (110lb)
DB Shrugs @ 40KG

my shoulder width from bone to bone across my upper chest is 51cm which is quite broad given my height (6'0"). Adding in the protrusion of my lateral head takes my shoulders a little over 55cm. I have been working out for four months and my shoulders are my best body part.

also, I think i might take up swimming since swimmers seem to have broad ass shoulders.

Heavy ass overhead pressing

>The rear delts are the most important part of the shoulder.

Bullshit. Side delts are the numero uno.

there is no reason to have a shoulder day when you've only been training 4 months and with such weak numbers...

do OHP and lateral raises 2-3 times a week.

swimming doesnt give you broad shoulders lol.
people with broad shoulders just excel at swimming.

>mass
OHP is important in filling out your upper chest. Nothing worse if having your pecs look like tits under a shirt.

Nope. Rear delts have a bigger potential for growth and add more to your frame than side delts. The rear delts push your side delts out more.
Side delts are important, don't get me wrong, but they are very limited in their potential.

i combine it with my back workout which is RDLs, Cable Rows and Lat Pull Downs.

>RDLs, Cable Rows and Lat Pull Downs

please don't tell me thats your entire back workout.

Broad shoulders are a genetic trait you dipshit

>I know for gaining weight I should just focus on compounds and not do dyel isolation stuff

As someone with big arms, I can't agree with this. Big triceps = big arms
And no compound movement comes even close to working the triceps like an isolation

Those close grip pushups nigga

scientific studies have shown that compound exercises are more effective for novices.

hell, lat pulldowns stimulate biceps better than curls for novices.

I don't see why you would, shoulder girdle and clavicular structure are almost entirely genetic.

do pull ups every workout and dips. tricep pushups really work the delts too. my shoulders are naturally round, its everything else i need to fix. I look like shit RN

your delts can be hypertrophied

as someone with big lats, chest and tiny arms, I agree. I do no isolation, only compounds. My max chin up, deadhang, is 85kg weighted, i fuck heavily with weighted chins., sets of 60kg weighted chins for 3-5 (sometimes i have good and bad days). Only thing i do for tris is bench and seated db press, benching 135 at 90kg so not too weak, but my arms are smaller than most curlbros.

I'm lean as fuck all the time though for like, no reason.

lifting 135 at at damn near 200LBS is not too weak? KEK

Shoulder routine:
Seated OHP
Seated dumbbell press
Standing side raises
Face pulls
External rotations w/cable
>everything 3 sets

the fuck? really?
I have no joke been doing extra curls to make up for my lack of lat pull downs because I don't like doing them