How many people here on that low protein?

how many people here on that low protein?

i feel that 1g/lb is way too much protein, dont even touch 1.5g.

im a 200lb person and im making gains fine from 100g or even less sometimes. and ive been lifting for 2 years now, its stupid to consume that much fucking protein desu

look at clarence kennedy, hes arguably the strongest amateur lifter in the world his weightclass, and he claims he only consumes 130g a day max.

stop wasting all your money on proteins

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-11-20
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

While I think you're on the right track, Clarence is a genetic freak. He's not a good example for your argument.

Steroids change nutrient partitioning, reducing your total protein requirements. He could get away with eating fuck-all protein and still make gains by pushing the dose.

he isnt just a your ordinary guy on gear tho , hes terrence fucking kennedy, he snatches 4 plate my guy

clarence*

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Nope, it's exactly the opposite: the only people that need shit-tons of protein are people on gear.

my nigga this is what im talkin about

How do you know he's on steroids though?

Can we see your gains then?

1.5g/kg minimum but more will almost always lead to greater lean tissue growth. Examine.com may be of interest to you.

>been lifting for 2 years now

Fuck off vegan apologist
>but muh Clarence Kennedy
You're not Clarence Kennedy
>Caloric intake should be set at a level that results in bodyweight losses of approximately 0.5 to 1%/wk to maximize muscle retention. Within this caloric intake, most but not all bodybuilders will respond best to consuming 2.3-3.1g/kg of lean body mass per day of protein
>athletes running five to 10 miles per day during a slight caloric deficit were in a significant negative nitrogen balance despite consuming 2g/kg of protein daily
>five out of 10 competitive weight lifters achieved a negative nitrogen balance over the course of a training camp while consuming an average protein intake of 2g/kg. Out of these five, as many as three were in a caloric deficit. The authors concluded that a protein intake of 2–2.2g/kg under these conditions only allows for a small margin of error before nitrogen losses occur.
jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-11-20
There are absolutely no ramifications for eating 3 grams of protein per kilo gram of bodyweight, and a chance for a lot of harmful effects for eating at 2 grams per kilogram of bodyweight
Nobody other than vegans have issues with eating this much

see

>ah. I see you used a highly available peer reviewed collection of all of the studies that have been done on the subject
>let me link some blog of a literal nobody
You have yet to argue that eating more protein is somehow harmful. You know, other than for vegans

hodgetwins claims they eat that too as well as kinobody fag

i never said it was harmful i said its a waste of money.

did you even read the link? here are some references and sources, which you failed to even provide you dense cunt.

Effect of protein intake on strength, body composition and endocrine changes in strength/power athletes. Hoffman JR, Ratamess NA, Kang J, Falvo MJ, Faigenbaum AD. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2006 Dec 13;3:12-8.

Tarnopolsky, M. A., Atkinson, S. A., MacDougall, J. D., Chesley, A., Phillips, S., & Schwarcz, H. P. (1992). Evaluation of protein requirements for trained strength athletes. Journal of Applied Physiology, 73(5), 1986-1995.

Macronutrient content of a hypoenergy diet affects nitrogen retention and muscle function in weight lifters. Walberg JL, Leidy MK, Sturgill DJ, Hinkle DE, Ritchey SJ, Sebolt DR. Int J Sports Med. 1988 Aug;9(4):261-6.

Protein requirements and muscle mass/strength changes during intensive training in novice bodybuilders. Lemon PW, Tarnopolsky MA, MacDougall JD, Atkinson SA. J Appl Physiol. 1992 Aug;73(2):767-75.

i realized how much of an autist you are, there was no mention of veganism in the OP or how excess protein is harmful. you took a normal topic and skewed it to make it relatable to your anti veganism bullshit that no one gives a flying fuck about.

eat shit

>Based on the sound research, many review papers have concluded 0.82g/lb is the upper limit at which protein intake benefits body composition (Phillips & Van Loon, 2011).

Nuoh mah gawd, it's actually not 1g/lbs, it's only 0.82 g/lbs. This changes EVERYTHING.

Let's say you're a newbie natty lifter, and you'll put on 24lbs of lean muscle in your first year of lifting. Now let's switch to non-retard units, and call that 12kg.

That's 1kg of lean muscle per month, and around 34 grams per day. 20% of muscle tissue by weight is pure protein.

So your body will need about 6.8 grams extra amino acids to create that muscle tissue.

If you eat more than 1.5g of protein per kg of bodyweight as a natty lifter, you're literally retarded

The 1g/lb or 2g/lb were spouted by bodybuilders who had sponsorship deals with protien companies. And gym bros just go with the flow.
>Yes goyim, eat this protien enriched food you need it to counteract all the fluoride in the water
0.82g/lb is pretty good, the range that I see most often is .5g/b to .82g/lb. If you take more than take it doesn't hurt but the law of diminishing returns comes into play.
>T. Drink 1 protein shake a day with 3 scoops and 5g of creatine

Steroids allow to recover faster and train harder,
this would require more protein to repair more muscle damage not less

clarence is roiding which nullifies your entire argument.

if you've made good gains in 2 years, you could have made better gains with 1g/lb. however above that is suboptimal - it can be helpful but the calories from protein would be better spent at that point on carbs and fats.

basically, read more, lurk moar, and go cry in a clarence YT comment section if any of this triggers you

1g/lb is more than enough, it's just an easy integer multiple goal to shoot for

the only time you might actually need 1g/lb is the last stages of a cut when you're dipping down to 10-12% bodyfat or so

are you aware that there's a range of drugs one can use? test alone makes muscle repair a much easier process, and under 1g/lb is still enough to vastly outperform any natty on 2g/lb.

He admits that he roids faggot.

that is a super strange aggressive tone over litterally nothing

did you reply to the wrong post? you've just proven my point. he roids, ergo expecting his lower protein diet to work for a natty like it does for him is retarded

>that is a super strange aggressive tone
not even him but you're a lil bitch my man

Been lifting for 3 weeks now.
Acheiveing 1g protein per gramme body mass per day.
Can now OHP 4pl8

>he snatches 4 plate
this always bewilders me
when i dl 4pl8 i always tell myself that his guy can basically yank it off the ground, put it over his head and get up without a belt or anything

it's seems unreal to me

>Can now OHP 4pl8
that is eddie hall's ohp 1rm, stop bullshitting

yeah he was joking user

>3 weeks
>4pl8 ohp
>stop bullshitting
cmon nigga

My cat is, her kidneys are fucked so she can't have any protein in her diet, have to get her special food, supposedly it's pretty common in cats her age

I don't think I've ever had more than 100g a day consistently and my gains have been slow as fuck.

I'm doing shakes at the moment, guess the jury is out.

>but was he only pretending to be retarded?

It's not 1g/lb, it's 1g/lb of lean body mass

either you or him are retarded enough to believe that 4plate OHP is even remotely possible after 3 weeks

i suspect its you

So what are your lifts?

Will she be ok?
I will pray for her user

Yea she's grand, she's just old is all, think she's about 18-19 years old, appeared when my house was first built

Funny that’s what’s picked up on, not the fact user eats his body weight in protein every day

thats not what 99% of newbie lifters think, most novice dont even know what is LBM. i see far too many skinny fags eating 200g protein to recover from 10lb bicep curls, its bullshit

See

its easily missed out that he said gram not pound

>he claims he only consumes 130g
No, he AIMS at 130, but generally goes to 150-160.
I saw the Omarisuf vid too.

well he still is 200+lbs and on gear, his protein intake should be through the roof but he is eating less than an average gym bro

how can your cat survive on no proteins? arent they carnivores

the eddie hall comment was bait too though

I dont specifically eat low protein but my tub of whey is collecting some dust, I just eat a big serving of animal and some starchy veggies or rice post wo

i always knew 1g/lb was bullshit

i do eat 1g/lb while cutting to keep my full though