Progress Thread

So I've just hit 2 months going consistently to the gym and I'd like to share with you my progress. Compounds are for 5x5.

OHP: 45KG (100lb)
Squat: 100KG (220lb)
Parallel Box Squats: 140KG (308lb)
DB Bench Press: 32.5KG (70lb)
DB Incline Chest Press: 27.5KG (60lb)
DB Seated Shoulder Press: 22.5KG (50lb)
Romanian Deadlifts: 90KG (200lb)
Bicep Curls: 15KG (33lb)

I'm 6'0" and 240lb. Do I have above average genetics?

bump

very nice progress bra
keep it up
and yea i think so lol took me like 7months to get to that

Something is very wrong with those squat/box squat numbers.

that seems average. im 6'2 and I weigh 170lbs but I lift slightly more than you. i get called weak here all the time, but i know im not.

Ran 1.75mi trail in 10 min, 5'9" 230 lbs. Breathed through my nose first half mile, never ran so hard/ fast in my life.

I've only just started doing full atg back squats while I've been doing box squats for 6 weeks which could explain why numbers are weird. I've done 3 atg squat workouts, going up 20kg each workout from 60 to 80 to 100. FWIW my 45° leg press 5RM is like 320KG.

6 minute mile across country is no joke. Are you in the military.
Thanks man, I'll report back in another two months. Might even start incorporating 1x5 conventional DLs.

Nah you probably have pretty average genetics, you just started pretty fat. Regardless they're good numbers for 2 months keep it up!

6ft 176lbs

Ohp:145lbs
Bench:230lbs
Diddly:345lbs
Squat:260lbs
(5 rep maxs)

First year coming up tomorrow how'd I do boys

What were your stats when you started?
Mirin' that diddly, my max is like 130kg, stopped doing them a while ago (fuck scoliosis)

routine?

Had a decent base played water polo for years (was never really good ;_;) and took strength class in early highschool. Not 100% sure but my bench was 155ish, ohp was like 95ish and my squat and diddly were dogshit lmao.

Benchlet, squatlet and presslet.

Come back when you have some actual experience and gains under your belt

Reddit ppl with a few tweaks

No.

second week of SS reporting in:

squat: 165 lbs
bench: 176 lbs
ohp: 88 lbs
dl: 210 lbs

am I going to make it? I have huge difficulties improving my squat, which is already weak by itself...

i'm 6.0, 187 lbs

are you listing dumbbell movements as the weight of one or both dumbbells lol

>100kg squat
>140kg box squat
yeah, im sure that box is 'parallel'
hahahhaa

Mate something's not right.
How can your OHP and seated DB OHP have the same exact weight?
Are you sure you don't use a heavier weight for standing OHP? Have you even tried?

In my personal experience and in all the cases I can remember, people usually lift at least 5-10kg more when doing a standing movement with a barbell.

DB weight is per hand
I haven't trained my OHP on 5x5 yet, tomorrow I'll try 50KG. My seated DB press is only for 1 set of 8 reps.
Don't go too heavy is what I've found works. Also, use the leg press and box squat to get your squat up. Your bench is pretty strong.

looking good brah train abs and obliques more

Old man was Force Recon, he implored me not to go.

OP here, I used Casey Butt's Maximum Muscular Bodyweight and Measurements Calculator.

My height is 71.5"
Ankle Circumference is 10.43"
Wrist Circumference is 7.7"

Your estimated maximum muscular bodyweight at ~15% bodyfat is: 237 lbs

Your estimated maximum bulked bodyweight at ~15% bodyfat is: 246.5 lbs

I'm half Maori btw..... good genes confirmed?