Feel pathetic desu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CnBmiBqp-AI
youtu.be/d6V2Exzb324
muscleforlife.com/how-to-improve-shoulder-flexibility-and-mobility/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>am I alone?

We all are

I started not even being able to complete my third set of 45lbs.

It doesn't matter where you begin user. You'll get stronger.

i couldnt even bench press the bar desu, i had to start with 8kg dumbbells in each hand

I've been stalled at 95lbs since I started getting Veeky Forums 3 years ago. Literally all of my other lifts have gone up, from just the bar when I started. I'm on the cusp of hitting 3/4 on squats diddly and my bench is currently stalled at 175, but OHP is just fuck. I'm sure it's a form issue but it just hasn't clicked for me. Hang in there bro

i can do that with one hand OP, you'll get there

You've been fucking off for three years or you have extremely low test

FORM
youtu.be/CnBmiBqp-AI

I felt a dick first starting OHP an I was knocking out 35, just use the straight bars people curl with, do this while doing curls or some shit no one will even look twice

>3 years
>Those stats

Oh jesus.

at 3 1/2 plate deadlift after 11 months, 2 1/2 plate squat for 5x5 no cage so don't wanna try 1rep but holy fucking shit dude you might wanna check what you're doing bc something is very very wrong

From my experience you'll always feel pathetic doing OHP, no matter how proficient you actually are at them.

Even if you're at 1pl8, which will be stronger than most other males in your regular gym, it just feels so small and light compared to all your other compound lifts.

But just fuck it, as long as you're increasing from time to time you're fine anyways, as I suppose you don't earn money with your body there is no need to rush anything and be too brisk and hurt yourself.

TL;DR: leave your ego outside the gym, focus on progression

I've been stuck at 1pl8 OHP for 2 weeks now. Literally can't do more than 3 reps before I give in. OP try to squeeze your butt and abs while doing it

Do you guys breathe in and out after every rep?

I did 42.5 kg 3x5 ohp yesterday but in every set I did the first three reps in one breath....

I watched the video afterwards and my face was super red towards the end of each set

Did I cheat yesterday?

My second workout ever (SL 5x5), I failed to get all five reps on the third, fourth and fifth sets (with just the bar).

why would that be cheating? just do whatever feels right.

Because my fourth rep felt difficult...

But im not sure if its because i was breathing or because I was breathing with the bar on my neck (implying a "paused" rep)

I'm stuck at 1pl8 OHP if it makes you feel better. But then again I'm doing 8x5

Have you tried decoding and checking the form? Make sure you're not doing a standing incline bench press.

Also add in dumbell ohp

i like to do power cleans after doing ohp

stay strong brother for I too have felt this pain. When I started I could not do more then 5 reps with the bar on bench press. But now I can slam out 100kg for 10 reps. If lifting was easy then what would be the point of doing it?

It's okay user. We all start with low weights. Don't get discouraged. You will get better as time goes on :)

nah mate that's all I could when I was 16 too. we're all gonna make it

thanks a ton guys this thread has really motivated me. all I can do so far is 30kg diddly and bench, and 25 kg squat/ohp for 3x5

Don't give up user, when I started a little over a month ago I could barely OHP the bar but I can knock out 5x5 of 95lbs. The most important thing to remember is that you want your form to be perfect for OHP, if its not than you'll only continue to fail, make it more difficult to perform the work out/go up in weight and you could hurt yourself too.

>Make sure you're not doing a standing incline bench press.
This, check your form from the side and if necessary, work on your mobility. I had that problem and worked on it by standing with the back to a wall, raising the arms above the head and trying to touch the wall with the hands, also while sliding the arms up and down.

Here, found a video:
youtu.be/d6V2Exzb324

muscleforlife.com/how-to-improve-shoulder-flexibility-and-mobility/

Breathe after ever rep, you'll lift more

Damn user, something is wrong.

I went from bar to stacking an extra 12kg in two weeks.

I struggled with 22,5 kg the first time. Spent a lot of my childhood and teenage playing games with crouched back. The gains will come, don't worry mayne