FUCK

I CAN'T FUCKING TAKE IT ANYMORE HAVE HAD THIS PAIN FOR MONTHS WHEN SQUATTING AND EVEN LEG PRESS SOMETIME, I'VE BEEN DOING HIP FLEXOR STRETCHES AND SHIT ALMOST EVERYDAY FOR OVER A MONTH NOW WHAT THE FUCK MORE CAN I DO. TODAY IT WAS EVEN WORSE AND I COULDN'T EVEN FINISH MY SETS ON SQUATS CAUSE IT HURT SO BAD FUCK MY LIFE. WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO Veeky Forums I'M ABOUT TO KILL MYSELF

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uxl0YouZ-ZY
youtube.com/watch?v=tRycodFl-IA
youtube.com/watch?v=6uZ_sBMw0qo
youtube.com/watch?v=kbe_DqMJfzg
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Y10uDeIUA
youtube.com/watch?v=NG9qbvAN3gQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you could try a) seeing a physio, and b) seeing a therapist

You're letting your knees slide forward at the bottom of your squats. Stop it. Don't relax to get depth.

Wow, finally the right advice. Usually it's just people telling you to stretch. Did you get this from the starting strength forums?

Do more hip flexor stretches
See a physiotherapist

youtube.com/watch?v=Uxl0YouZ-ZY
you're welcome friendo. do your stretching, its not a meme. get a lacrosse ball. especially in the hip sockets it will hurt as hell, but thats how you know it works

these two also
youtube.com/watch?v=tRycodFl-IA
youtube.com/watch?v=6uZ_sBMw0qo

Stretching is useless, stop doing it

>Dones't post a video of his squats
Enjoy your pain, retard.

Been dealing with this for around a year and it’s kinda embarrassing it took that long to work out what it is. Hip flexor tendinitis. It’s caused by letting your knees slack forward in the hole. Puts a whole lot of stress on all the anterior muscles of the hip and their attachments.

Widen your stance a bit, and squat with a block of wood/ a foam roller in front of your foot. If you knock it over you’ll know your knees are going forward too far. How you change stance will largely depend on your proportions. A very small stance adjustment was enough to fix it for me and it was literally like night and day - first time I’ve done a heavy set of squats and not felt like I was going to die after.

First time since like January I mean.

I solved this by putting he bar on the squishy part of my traps and sitting back while I squat, really focus on pressing from your heels. This fucking issue plagued me for over a year mate. I have finally solved it. Also do toddler squats x F at least once a day and immediately before squats, make sure you warm up a lot, I’m talking go to warm up reps dot com and follow the barx5 two sets, 50%x5 one set 65%x3 one set 80%x2 one set then working sets

Tldr it’s caysed by poor glute activating, your center of gravity is pulling down on your hip flexors. HIP DRAHVE

what is hip impingement

Oh I forgot, any other stretching won’t do shit but foam rolling can be helpful, and dynamic stretching too but they’re not necessary, only BAREFOOT toddler squats and make sure you are doing your squats in flat shoes, or no shoes, I personally do barefoot, even Olympic shoes don’t help and make pain worse.

Jesus Christ where do you people get this shit from? Want to know if your flutes are “activating”? Answer these two questions:
1. Are your hips extending?
2. Are you able to walk?

If so, congratulations, your glute are activated! Go use them in conjunction with your levitor anii to sit on some dicks.

Hip impingement in a squat is pretty hard to actually do. Your body more or less stops you going deep enough to do
it if your femurs are in a position to trap anything because your proprioception is telling you you’re already at depth.

OP this might actually help

youtube.com/watch?v=kbe_DqMJfzg

Ever thought of warming up before squatting??????

HEY OP LISTEN TO ME

stretch your adductors
I have no idea why but it worked, the pain I had was in that exact spot.

You’re have no idea what you’re talking about. I have gone through this issue before, letting your knees track forward too much means your center of gravity is too far ahead causing your hip flexors to take the bulk of the weight, keeping your weight on your heels does the opposite and keeps the movement hip dominant. Some people don’t have this issue but those who are taller and have long legs compared to their torso can’t high bar squat efficiently.

>don’t let knees go further than your toes

Surely this is entirely dependent on how long your legs are? If you imagine a guy with 10 meter legs and improbably flexibility, when he squats they’re going to collapse into 5m long horizontal segments.

I had the same exact thing. I couldnt deadlift for about a year. Didn't have the money to see someone to fix the problem. I could barely walk and stand some days and I would toss and turn so much.

This is what fixed my hip. I literally almost cried the next day when I walked my dog and my hip didn't hurt for the first time in months. I did this for a few days in a row and haven't had a problem since.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Y10uDeIUA

If nothing already posted here helps you stop squatting for a month and work on internal hip rotation, I had this same problem from squatting too wide that my hips would internally rotate

Had the same, one day i pulled it so hard that i left my training after doing one squat. fixed this by taking a wider stance, consciously pushing my knees out and stretching daily, making some toddler squats and shit

Hip impingement. Avoid things that aggravate. Provide hip traction to pull the head of the femur out of the hip joint. Also, fuck stretching your hip flexors. You need to make them stronger. Internally rotate thigh while sitting. Place hand on knee for resistance. Push. Rinse repeat for about 3 weeks. You will recover.

>It all starts in our pelvis

I'd like to finish in her pelvis.

Hey OP, Had the same issue for weeks, I don't lift weights, It happened during an BJJ fight.

Anyways to fix this, u have to strech the are before workouts. Strains that happen there takes long to heal.

U should massage the area for 5-10 mins everyday 2 times with ur fingers. Its normal if u feel pain, just find the spot and go hard on it. As soon as u feel like ur done massaging, just put ice and rest.

DO NOT train legs until it feels like its healed, hip flexor and groin strains are really hard to heal and if u keep going too hard on it, it will be harder for it to heal. I didnt train for 2 weeks straight and just did streches and strengening, now everythings good, took me about 3 weeks to heal completly.
sorry for shitty english

I do warm up that much... Usually I feel fine for the first warmup sets, sometimes even up until my heavy set. But as soon as I go down on the first set of the heavy rep the fucking pain comes...

Fuck off, I warm up for like 20 mins with dynamic hip flexor stretches and then 3 fucking sets of light hip adductor/abductor machine AND then warmup sets with lighter weight on squats.

you should stretch after your workout not before

I do that ASWELL. I do these after every workout too.. youtube.com/watch?v=NG9qbvAN3gQ