How did Arnold squat 4pl8s without getting tree trunks for legs?

How did Arnold squat 4pl8s without getting tree trunks for legs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0fdnOR7yu34
youtube.com/watch?v=X57aLTTEX_w
youtu.be/D3vO_ogtpUI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How was Arnold 6'2" when he was 5'11"?

>thinking squatting 4pl8s means good legs

Have you ever even seen someone squatting 4pl8s? It's dyel tier

strength is highly neural based, not just muscle cross sectional size(which is what most bodybuilders go for, but arnie was a powerlifter first)
pic related. they have the same squat strength
shows the difference in strength training and hypertrophy training

Lol at anyone on Veeky Forums thinking in "pl8"

>only milestones at 90 lb increments matter

Grom laughs at your pl8s, laughs from his mountain.

bait

So what rep range should I train with? I'm doing 3x5 right now and my legs are disproportionate. They're not even aesthetic, they have a feminine sweep

no you fucking retard it shows the difference between leverages, ROM and work required to get the weight up.

Rep range of 1-5 is strength. With 85-100% of your 1rm
Rep range of 8-12 is hyperthrophy. With 75-85% of your 1rm.
Eccentric exercises also promote growth a lot more. So, do squats, your compounds, then hit the isolation machines and eccentric. Let the lactic acid build up, the burn. The burn and lactic is the range that you want.

its hard to have massive legs when you're not a manlet and not a chubby piece of shit from drinking a gallon of milk every day

It's a rough estimate idiot. By your logic a dwarf can be stronger than big Z because he is shorter and doesn't have to so as much range of motion

85% is something like your 5rm you retard

that chick squats 800lbs?

both ronnie and lu are manlets though

t. mad lanklet

That is why it is the top end...
Would 70-80% be preferable to you?

chink squats 660, but while hitting depth compared to ronnies 800 above parallel

Who are these bitch boys calling people retards? Stop trying to make up for your beta lifestyle by being a dick on the Internet.

post video of lu squating 8 fuking plate

Shit genetics
He looks so bad it's laughable

>what are leverages
>what is shin to femur proportions
>implying midgets can't squat insane amount of weight

dumbass

youtube.com/watch?v=0fdnOR7yu34

so you are saying he cant squat 800lbs?

>his body makes his legs look proportional
>he didnt extensively focus on legs

>LQ bait

youtube.com/watch?v=X57aLTTEX_w

wat the fook. Just when you think ahnuld has skinny legs, dude in the back blows him out of the water. Literally arms bigger than legs.

A guy with long Femur can call himself lucky if he ever reaches 200 kg in squats.
I am like that, I have extremely long legs, I lift since 4 years and squat since 2 (yeah, I did only upper body before that, dumb decision, I know that), I stuck at 120 kg, while a friend of mine, he's 1,77, squat since 1 year and is already at 160 kg,

you're stuck at 120kg because you fucking suck
you're never gonna be an elite squatter but 120kg is just past novice, eat more or whatever.

I already eat a lot. I weight 90 kg on 1,86 m.

you don't need tree trunks for legs to squat 405, plenty of 4p8 squatters have pathetic quad development

how much muscle you need to do it depends on segmentation, internal leverages (origins, insertions), and neural factors

oh come on user, don't make excuses. i have really long femurs too and my squat is doing fine. if you really think it's a problem, go super wide stance, low bar.

Correct, Ronnie can't. He does do the squat equivalent of a rack pull for 800 though.

but theres video proof of him squatting 800

This is the dumbest thing anyone has posted on this board ever.

>This is the dumbest thing anyone has posted on this board ever.
Not arguing with you but I find this hard to believe. What is the dumbest thing ever posted on Veeky Forums?

That Ronnie motherfucking Coleman can't squat 800 to depth. He did an easy double and has said he regrets not doing more reps during that set.

wasn't it for 2 reps too?

>pic related. they have the same squat strength
"no"

You mean manlet in the back

I’m in the same position as you I’m fucked over by my low weight and long legs but after gaining strength insane top speed after the first

damn I watched the video again and it definetly looks like he could do 3 or 4.

You can't come here and try to spit profound knowledge squatting 120kg.

The girl in the pic was 5'9" so...

Correct. Nobody compares to King Ron.

youtu.be/D3vO_ogtpUI

if i hop on roids can i just half rep shit and get huge?

you dont have the willpower

I squat 3.5 plates
I'm big to normies
i don't really think i'm that big though, i would have thought arnold squat more than that desu

You won't get huge either way, fuckboy.

for roids or getting huge? cuz i dont for roids lmao

>wont get huge on roids

boi

for both

Im still relatively new to lifting and kinda weak. My best squat at the moment is 300 by 3 x 5 at 190lbs BW which is still novice level. So I may be talking out of my ass but I believe the explanation yo be rather simple.
1) arnold absolutely did not have bitch legs, he was a decently strong squater for his bw and the physique ideal of the time was exactly focused towards gigantic legs but to more of a v-taper look. Only guy at the era to actually focus on squatting a lot was tom platz aka the quad father and he was a fucking animal with oaks for legs.
2) quad development thru squad is kinda personal imo, im a very, very quad dominant squater so with just a 300x5 squat i have 26inch legs whillst my training buddy squats the same as i do yet his legs are smaller but he has big hamstrings, this may very well be the case for Arnold as his deadlift was way above his squat at about 700lbs I think.
So yeah big squat will not necessarily mean big quads depending in the person.

You still have to eat and train, dumbass. People who juice train harder than nattys.

"No"

lmao the ultra bait

You're always going to suck because you're a weak bitch, in your head. 120 kg is not the top end for any man without a disability

Arnold probably squatted 4pl8 for reps.
I just did my first leg day. I did 120 pounds for 5x5. How big are your thighs? Any tips?

Dont do fucking SL 5x5 its absolute garbage.
Do this instead.god tier shit.
Also dont stress about weight at all, be patient, focus on technique and safety and youll make it. Its much better to get to a 3plt8 squat with amazing technique after a year than a garbage, high 3 plate squatmorning after 3 months.

Not only is it equipped but it's also high as fuck you fucking idiot.

>3x5x300 at 190 is novice level
Veeky Forums had made you delusional

Technique and time my lad

ignore the babbylifters mate they would never unsderstand because they don't oly squat like our lord Liu

I know that girl she is 5’3. Was Arnold a manlet?

>tfw I'm actually a powerlifter

Still incorporate some front and highbar squats into my programming. Most of Veeky Forums is completely fucking clueless.

How come?

You're the only idiot here that's a nothing suit for a 300 lb man squatting 800 for reps to depth. Watch the fucking video and attend a real powerlifting meet sometime.

You don't have to have massive legs to squat 4pl8. I just hit 4pl8 recently.

Yeah, it's high as fuck.

I also probably out total you.

You're delusional. 1350 at 181.

>without getting tree trunks for legs

those are tree trunks, they're just not developed to the grotesque extent you see today. Arnie had perfectly proportioned legs imo

You can tell his hip crease doesn't break the knee from the fucking front.

1410 @ 220

:)

Dude look at his fucking legs. He would get both side judges for sure. For a double.
Also your total sucks for 220. At least do 1500 geez.

I had a really bad day at my last meet :(

Watching the video again I don't have any doubt he was high.

Stop it. Don't be a bucket crab. What happened at your meet?

Had a less than stellar prep, got sick, missed my third squat because I drifted backwards coming out if the hole, and only got my bench opener.

See, you need to stop disparaging others and focus more. Like worry about yourself and give 8x mr Olympia Ronnie Coleman his due, when you know he probably had a 2200 gym total at 275 and 4%bf.

Not this guy but when I competed I squatted 4pl8 for sets of 8-12and my legs were not as big as Arnie's in his prime.

Actually a bunch of records in the lowest weight classes are indeed held by midgets.

FUCKING MANLETS
DELET THIS

according too...

Arnold did cardio. He even admits it. The modern bodybuilder like Phil forego cardio because we know cardio ruins gains.

deadass. 3x5 300 is good.

1.87cm tall, long femurs
200kg deadlift 150kg squat singles

lifting for 1 year and a month

Stop giving advice newfag. The routine in your pic is retarded. Kys.

lmao rep range doesnt matter i bet your legs are fucking tiny but your tiny upperbody makes your tiny legs look big as illusion

you're either bulshitting or this is depressing as fuck

>Throws buzzword braindead tier insults
>Says a more than proven routine is shit, doesnt explain why.

Gees I guess whos the real retard...

My gf worked for him when he was governor of California. She’s 5’9”. She says they were the exact same height.

BENNYS

What? Arni could "only" squat 200 kg? I always thought he was way stronger since he could deadlift over 300 kg.

He misses parallel by a significant margin, in wraps, a Squat suit, and belt.

The opposite is true if you're a manlet; having big legs doesn't mean you Squat a lot. Pic related is 315 for 5 reps on a great day.

underrated

Thats what you wear to squat, retard.

Nope, 5'11 85kgs
Squat 4pl8, deadlift 5pl8, bench 2.5pl8

Is that at the bottom of his squat?
He is near parallel, but not quite. That ain't to depth. And wearing a lot of equipment too...

He fucked your gf

>That's what you wear when you try to squat more than you can, retard.
Fixed that for you

>12 sets
>gains

wtf, i do like double that

when my quads look like this and im 5'10

only squat 135x8

you guys have shit muscle building genetics