Sleep

Sleep and rest is crucial for gains in every aspect of live. My question is, does it matter when you sleep? Like, if you slept 8 hours, from 10 PM to 6 AM, would the quality of that sleep be better than if you slept from 2 AM to 10 AM?

Also, how much sleep to make gains (brain gains too)?

Other urls found in this thread:

non24.blogspot.bg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

6-8 hours recommended. 6 hours minimum 8 hours preferred.

And I don't think it matters when, but having a regular sleep schedule is important so your body gets used to it/you can fall asleep faster and have a better sleep.

So if you work night shifts and always sleep 2-10 then its fine.

Bump for good question
One obvious answer is that you need to sync up with sunlight, so it could be argued that 10PM-6AM is better than 2AM-10AM because you'd be going to sleep when it's dark and getting up when it's light

It's crucial to sleep before 10PM because then the secrition of testosterone is the highest

I sleep with your mOM

Yea thats because your bodys circadian rhythm. But like mentioned above if you work nightshifts or something and sleep with blinds down in darkness you can trick your circadian rhythm to think its night and after a while get used to sleeping at that time.

>he doesn't live off of and make strength gains on 4.5 hours of sleep
>6 hours of sleep isn't the best he's had in ages
J-j-just me?

I've been sleeping 8 PM to 6 AM lately and it feels good but you can't do interesting things with people during the night

I don't have any friends but I'm trying to get some and they might ask me to do something late, what do?

that's 10 hours you fuck

>he doesn't rail caffeine pills throughout the day
>he doesn't swallow a pill before sleepies
>doesn't have 3 hours of sleepies a day and 21 hours of productive time
yes you're the only plebeian...

Yeah idk how to sleep less time, sometimes I sleep for 12 hours or more, actually going to bed this early helps to need less time

you either have bad sleep habits or you have a more serious sleep disorder. do you feel rested after waking up?

I do feel rested most times after waking up, I had a real bad circadian disorder called non 24 hour sleep cycle but I managed to fix it, that was what actually started me getting fit

Also have permanent under eye shadows

in that case, i'd say figure out what's more important for you: having friends or going to sleep at the same time everyday.

how did you manage to fix it m8?

I found this article non24.blogspot.bg/

I just do the yellow/red lights and the blue blocking glasses

Throughout the year I locked in go to bed times all the way from 5 PM to 11 PM, but around 8 feels the best right now

thnx

I highly recommend reading Night School by Richard Wiseman. Gives heaps of great advice considering the fact we spend a third of our life asleep and a quarter of that time dreaming.

To answer your question, yes it does matter when you sleep. The earlier in the night you go to sleep, the more deep sleep you get which helps with muscle recovery. Sleeping later in the night will give you more light sleep which helps with brain function and memory.

My advice is to plan out your sleep in advance using sleepyti.me. Basically, it's a website which tells you the best time to wake up (protip: in between ninety minute cycles) so you feel refreshed and alert.

Sweet dreams brothers.

I often sleep like 6,5-7 hours at night and have a hour long nap after work. How much worse is this than if I'd sleep 7,5-8 hours in one session?
I'd imagine it being worse because you don't really fall in deep sleep for that long if you only sleep a hour or something.

So going to bed at 3AM helps with brain gains?

I did that and stopped because sleeping more at night was better for me

Try it, its harder but better I think

NEET here. I used to go to sleep between 4AM and 8AM for a long time and then I slept for 8-12 hours. Nowadays I'm go to bed between 9PM and midnight. The difference is remarkable.

And the difference is?

remarkable

Explain you faggot.

remarkable
rJˈmɑːkəb(ə)l/
adjective

worthy of attention; striking.
"a remarkable coincidence"
synonyms: extraordinary, exceptional, amazing, astonishing, astounding, marvellous, wonderful, sensational, stunning, incredible, unbelievable, miraculous, phenomenal, prodigious; striking, outstanding, momentous, impressive, singular, signal, pre-eminent, memorable, unforgettable, never to be forgotten, unique, arresting, eye-catching, conspicuous, noteworthy, notable, great, considerable, distinctive, important, distinguished, prominent;
out of the ordinary, unusual, uncommon, rare, surprising, curious, strange, odd, peculiar, uncanny;
unco;
informalfantastic, terrific, tremendous, stupendous, awesome, amazeballs, out of this world, unreal;
literarywondrous
"a remarkable coincidence"

Going to sleep when it gets dark and waking up when the light comes out is better, but using lights and blinds is sufficient.

Most important thing to good sleep is having a schedule of waking up and going to sleep at the same time

not him, but I was doing the same thing and the difference for me was just how much better I feel waking up in the morning at a "proper" time. I feel more rested, wake up energetic. When I slept 8 hours even if it was from like 4am to noon I just woke up feeling like I slept maybe half of that, still get under eye/face fatigue and still feeling groggy and sluggish throughout the day. I recently did an experiment with myself too and tried 2 weeks of 9pm sleep vs 2 weeks of 4 am sleep and the difference is insane.

Granted this could just be subjective, I have a few friends that sleep the same schedule as me and they're completely fine and unaffected by it.

It's best to sleep 10 hours per day.
I have tight schedule so I usually sleep 8-9 hours, and my fellow students think I'm insane for sleeping so long. How do I actually manage to do things? Here's the catch.
It's not about the amount of time, but about the efficiency. You'll finish the same thing in less amount of time because you are rested.
Remember to not cut on sleep anons.
We are all gonna make it!

>eye/face fatigue
What is that?

bags under your eyes and looking ragged and worn out. Happens a lot when you don't sleep. Face can get droopy or puffy and shit.

Sleep is the one part I struggle with. I have insomnia and anxiety when it comes to sleep (the feeling of wasting time or missing out on x, y, z)

Fuck man, I'm going to bed at 11AM again.

>teehee just farted under the covers

>you will never get dutch oven'd

Klossy doesn't come with that function.

Yes. I am a neet and sticking to daytime hours is amazing. You are supposed to sleep in total darkness, as this promotes melatonin production. Lights cause the brain to wake up. Refrain from using any screens 90 minutes before bed. Use this time to clean and reflect on your day.

> Had a perfect, impeccable sleep cycle from midnight to 9AM.
> Daylight saving time starts in my country.
> No longer able to sleep on a regular schedule.

I think I've been getting like 5 hours of sleep. I simply lie down and I'm incapable of sleeping. Even breathing techniques are not helping.
I fucking hate DST.