Do ketogenic diets lower test?

Other urls found in this thread:

ketogenic.com/performance/ketogenic-dieting-body-composition-beyond-abstract/
journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/publishahead/The_Effects_of_Ketogenic_Dieting_on_Body.96026.aspx
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20091182
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

From personal experience they do.
When I started hitting single digit bodyfat my test just crashed

Explain this
>Hormones: Total testosterone increased significantly in the KD group (+118 ng/dl)
ketogenic.com/performance/ketogenic-dieting-body-composition-beyond-abstract/

I'm talking personal experience.
Didn't work for me, maybe it will for you.

>Didn't work for me, maybe it will for you.

Well, I see stuff saying it lowers test but like personally I have a boost in sex drive which would suggest to me that I am gaining testosterone right? I mean higher sex drive is higher test levels?

I would presume so.
Again, if you feel energized and your libido is up there then you're doing well and you shouldn't worry about your test lvls

not him but
>energized
that shit is hard when your doing a 1450 kcal
i still feel teh need to jerk off once a day tho, painfully so

What? Explain

>ketogenic.com
wew that sure doesn't sound like a biased source

>wew that sure doesn't sound like a biased source

Does that make the study wrong I mean it got reviewed and published so you would think they didn't just make this up.

>Total testosterone increased significantly from Weeks 0-11 in the KD diet (118 ng/dl)
journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/publishahead/The_Effects_of_Ketogenic_Dieting_on_Body.96026.aspx

Yes, low-carb diets will crash your testosterone.

explain this to a brainlet like me
i get the one on the left but does the one on the right mean, for the x axis, a ratio of 4 grams of carbs to 1 gram of brotein had the highest test/cortisol level?
Fugg, how much protein should I be getting?
My ratio is like fucking 0.8 (160 grams protein, 200g carbs)

Yes they do.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20091182

Yes and you could probably extrapolate that the lower you took the ratio, the higher it would go (to a point). However you would be sacrificing gains at that point. Drop your protein to 0.7-0.8 grams per pound of bodyweight and make sure you're eating a lot of potatoes.

okay im a fucking manlet so I'm running a lean bulk of 2100
so for protein 130(0.8)= 104g protein a day
but if i were to follow the study 104 x 4= 616g of carbs a day, that's 2464 calories of just carbs, HOLY SHIT.
Should I just look for a middle ground?

I'm just gonna drop protein to 1g/lb (about 25% of total calories) and fill out rest of calories (75%) from there with a split of 45%carbs 30%fat

Yeah mate just keep it at 2:1 or above, I think you made a little mistake in your multiplication but 208g carbs is about 830 cals. Get about 700 cals per day from fats (saturated and monounsaturated, avocados, eggs, meat). 2100 - 700 is 1400, minus 400 for the protein is 1000, so you need about 1000 cals from carbs per day. 250g.

The upside is the cortisol levels on keto are DRASTICALLY lower at periods of rest than with normal carb intake.

Cortisol is about 35% lower on keto, test is about 10% lower

Cortisol counteracts the effects of HGH, Test so you making out with a net gain in the actual positive effects on keto

thanks brah

Eat enough calories and protein, get your vitamins and otherwise eat healthy/ balanced. People overthink this shit.

Not quite true. Circulating cortisol is typically higher on keto, but it's due to changes in cortisol metabolism rather than elevated stress.

Tfw doing OMAD keto for dem super cortisol reduction and HGH production gainz