My OHP has stalled at 135lb x 1 for almost 5 months now, wat do

>finally hit 0.5pl8 for 5 reps today
>only can do it if I'm doing it as a first exercise of the day
>5th month of lifting

Me but after 1.5 years

my 0,5pl8 is the heaviest anyone overhead presses in my gym

lmao still stuck at 115 for awhile now

who here weak presses?

I haven't even seen anyone else doing it in these 5 month. Just one 40 something guy, but he did push presses with a lot of bouncing. Several people are obsessed with incline benching though.

If he’s OHP’ing 2plates, he’s not an incel. He’s made his choice about how to spend his time and energy. He’s just a ‘cel.

Fucking same here, I was so happy when I got 1pl8x5 but I haven't made it past that since, and sometimes I only get 3 or 4 reps. Been that way for half a year

Eat more

welcome to natty life. I'm happy with a 5 kg 1RM over a 6 month period on strict press. That's for past the point of noob gains of course, intermediate+

Stalling is usually due to a lack of volume. Back off a bit on the weight (10%) and do one or two more sets with the same number of reps.

>tfw haven't ohp'd in months

>tfw repped 140lb OHP for 8 strict yesterday

Truly my best lift

If you’re only doing OHP every other workout, 3 workouts a week then try add a mini gym swag that’s just another bench/OHP and dips.

*sesh, fuck

That doesn't make sense, if you unironically go to the gym you are incel by default.

ALRIGHT LISTEN UP YA POOFTA CUNTS
HOW TO INCREASE OHP PAST NOOB GAINS
>eat a fucking ton (1000 kcal surplus BARE MINIMUM)
>sleep a fucking ton
>do a ton of volume, as mostly heavy doubles and triples

>here's what i'm doing, as an example
>every two days (take a day off when needed to avoid blowing your wrists out, usually once every ~10 days for me)
>4x2@90%
>4x3@80%
>2x5@65% (seems easy, but you'll be fucking tired by now)
>failing a few reps every day is ok, but don't fuck with weight/percentages. if you're consistently failing reps, deload 10%
>take as much rest time as you need

t. 2.5pl8 strict press, been doing (what has converged into) the above since ~1pl8, and it fucking works

beware the eternal phoneposter
shoo shoo

I got 1.5 plate ohp after doing them 4x/week I was stalling at 1 plate before that doing them 2x/week

2.5pl8? damn son. Do you have big delts?

yes delts of fat
See
>eat a fucking ton (1000 kcal surplus BARE MINIMUM)

>OHP'd 120x5x5 on Tuesday
>only 2 reps at 145 today

switch to dumbbell presses for a month, trust me

>waaah why can't I add 35 FUCKING POUNDS to my lift in FOUR DAYS

go lighter with more reps while eating more. Are you doing rows and other accessory type movements too?

>take as much rest time as you need
The autistic bros behind me are breathing down my neck asking me to hurry up because I'm hogging the rack.

fucking 150lb OHP
what a fucking bitch of an exercise to progress on

>just broke 100 lbs

Y-y-yeah.

Really want to hit 185 for 5. I can 1rm 175 strict, 185 with a push. However, I can never seem to progress past 155x5 for working weight.

Push press is a meme, try to avoid it if you can.

a little over 23 inches last time I measured them, but isn't wrong in saying there's a fair bit of fat too

tell them you'll be there for a while, and they can work in if they want. if they refuse, they can get fucked, they'll wait for an hour.

>tell them you'll be there for a while, and they can work in if they want. if they refuse, they can get fucked, they'll wait for an hour.
Thanks your post made my day. I always allowed people to work in with me no matter how strong or weak they are but there's still a small number of faggots that keeps pushing me. I'm doing meme strength and I need to rest during my work sets (especially my squats) and sometimes it can really be frustrating especially some that can get in your face.

>5x5 max is the same as 3rm

Where do you stick at? If you can't lock out, then do some close grip benching.

why are you ever doing one rep maxes at beginner level strength

your program is retarded

underrated post

>tfw stuck at 60 kg x 3 OHPs for months now

At least it's the most I've ever seen someone OHP in my gym

Thank you

You’re spending too much time here.

You weigh 145 and Can OHP 135?
What’s your height?

>your gym
where you at, im going to come press 80kg x5 infront of you

as if 40% of lifters age 24-39 can snatch 75kg.. what is this retardation??

more volume with different movements or weights

Filthy liar

Last time I ohp'ed was many months ago and I hit 195. Last time before that was also 195 many months before. I'd probably be at 2 plates if I kept at it. I stopped because my shoulder was feeling weird and it still does.

Now my ohp is probably rock bottom and I can't even test it because my wrist is broken. Life is not fun

We usually stall because there is a weak part in the chain

on OHP it's gonna be: shoulders, tris, chest and ABS

yep with weak ABS won't be able to brace enuff to get it up

I finally hit 80kg after WEEKS of trying
It's all a mindset

>Stopped OHPing heavy after hitting 77,5kgx1

Nowadays I just try to up my weighted dips and once I hit +30kgx5 gonna go back to heavy OHP and gonna try to get it to 85kgx1
Might be next week kek

You goddamn right about abs, if I'm not contracting them I feel like my spine is about to broke.

Usually db press 45lbs, I haven't done THE PRESS in a while. Maybe 115 for reps no idea desu

I got to 80kg 1RM because I didn't have a squat rack. Think about how stupid and unsafe this is. Progressed on it faster than bench, though.

These numbers are skewed because you probably shouldn't weigh 145lbs in the first place unless you're like 5 feet tall