/FAST/ LOW STRESS HIGH TEST EDITION

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

IF AND LIFTING:
leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html?

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/auto.1.3.2017?needAccess=true

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

Extra:
DRINK COFFEE, DRINK GREEN TEAS
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170827101750.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24769862

Other urls found in this thread:

cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/64/7_Supplement/113.1?sid=702573a4-32fa-4664-bd83-eed0043f7280
leanhigh.com/weight-loss/diet-reviews/fasting-for-weight-loss-how-much-muscle-will-you-lose
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for fasted hiking
First for fasted existence(without eating breakfast)

>broke my 4-day fast with a big bowl of slow-cooked beef stew with lentils, potatoes, green onions, celery, chili peppers, cumin, cinnamon
>go for seconds
>tfw can't even finish the second bowl

Redpill me on salt, please.

Would it be easier to do long term fasts after going a few weeks on a keto diet?

AFTER DOING TONS OF RESEARCH LAST NIGHT

I CAME UP WITH THIS

EATING A KETO

CYCLING CARBS IN AT NIGHT DEPENDING ON ENERGY LEVELS

EVERY MONTH FAST FOR ABOUT 4-5 DAYS

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

In theory, would be possible to build muscle while losing fat by doing IF? Let's say you do 16/8 during the 16hours you're at a caloric deficit for theae specific hours and burn fat. You're at a caloric surplus for the 8 specific eating hours so in theory should you be able to build muscle in this time frame?

>fasting
>low stress

Pick one.

Enjoy your testosterone loss.

New to this gen. What’s the rationale for fasting with regards to not eating any protein? You need protein every day for muscle building.

Made up for by the HGH gain ;]

>HGH
>People actually believe this

>producing more cancer-inducing growth hormone makes up for being a low test numale

Sure buddy. Enjoy your size gains while women disregard you because they are intrisically attracted to testosterone and it's the only thing that actually determines your mating value.

You lost all credibility with breakfast autism

LITERALLY, BREAKFAST IS THE BEST TIME OF THE DAY TO EAT YOU JUST DON'T WANT TO FACE THE REALITY

high IGF HGHlets detected

Your body gets much more efficient with protein recycling during fasting, even more if you're fat adapted and can do 5+ day fasts, so you only really need about 120g at most if you're doing OMAD

>LOW STRESS HIGH TEST EDITION
Flip those, champ.

I know this is anecdotal, but I'm getting pretty strong boners on PSMF (fasting) right now. I'm 1 week in so far. It's basically a 1500 calorie deficit for me, but I actually couldn't get it up when I only cut at a 1000 calorie deficit.

Sleeping on PSMF is fucking rough though.

What is the difference between water fast and /sips/ fast

Only chads with hearts made of steel can withstand the sips only fast without their hearts exploding.

>/vegan/ CICO cuck
of course

sup guys, hope everyones doing good,
anyways I wanna do a 7 day fast starting tomorrow, any tips on what to supplement?

should I work out when doing 7 day fasts and if yes, can I go heavy (i train for strength mainly).

On the early fast threads people were saying that training does break down muscle while in a fasted state.

also what is it with the fucking salt man? wasn't that supposed to bloat you ?

Thanks, keep KILLING SHIT GODDAMNIT

Hello ghost of rich piana

Only do an extended if you can easily survive 2 and 3 day fasts

yes you can workout, you can safely do about 80% of your RM for your 3-5 rep lifts on extended fasts, but only for about the first 3 days on your first 7 day. As your metabolic health rises and your mitochondria adapt, you'll get more energy and can handle more anaerobic work through lifting.

It does break down muscle but the HGH boosts are fucking insane over a long term fasts, and you should def come out of it stronger and leaner
There's a video about salt that What I've learned on youtube has, check it out

Every time I breathe through my nose it smells like turpentine, and I feel like passing out a lot.
Am I dying?

>Am I dying?
We're all slowly dying.

NOT THE SAME GUY BUT DON'T YOU THINK BREAKFAST MIGHT BE IMPORTANT DUE TO THE LATEST SCIENCE

How many days? could be keto breath if it's 3+ days you've been fasting, on account that pure acetone is a ketone body

>breakfast
>break
>fast
yo dudes if you dont break ur fast u gonna die of starvation

wow thanks for the response man

cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/64/7_Supplement/113.1?sid=702573a4-32fa-4664-bd83-eed0043f7280

Where was that one vegan

I'm doing IF (20/4) for 3 weeks now and I am feeling really good and everything is fine, but when I water fasted for 72 hours last week, I got some problems on the third day.
Weak knees, headaches and feeling all around bad (like a light flu).
I did not take any supplements.

I want to do another 72 hours next week. What do I have to take to not feel like shit?

Sodium, magnesium, potassium, what else?

consume it

That's about it in terms of supplements. What you felt was probably keto flu. You should be fine with another 72 hours, I don't even feel it anymore I've fasted so many times.

>Weak knees, headaches and feeling all around bad (like a light flu).

If your body is not used to burning fat for fuel this happens the more you fast the less it happens

Thank you both.

I will do another 72h next week maybe more depending on how I feel.

>momscience breakfast posts
These people want to ruin your hgh and autophagy, ignore them.

I'm thinking, aren't essential amino acids required for muscle building. How can you get stronger when you aren't eating any "muscle building blocks"

>lose fat
>lose aromatase
T is proportionately higher in the long run

i have lost 10 lbs in one month with pussy-tier, barely legitimate intermittent fasting (13, 14 hours fast, small lunch, 7 hours fast, late dinner and some pre-bed snacks) am i doing it properly

220 6'4" 29 yo

maybe, some of it could be water weight.

but try to transition into a full 16/8

BREAKFAST IS FUCKING GOOD

you cant
>you should def come out of it stronger and leaner
You absolutely will not get stronger. The best you can hope for is minimal strength loss and thats a fact.
leanhigh.com/weight-loss/diet-reviews/fasting-for-weight-loss-how-much-muscle-will-you-lose