Barbell carrying case

a few days ago i joined a new gym. i walked in but didn't see any barbells in any of the racks.. so i asked this jacked guy where he got his from

he said it's BOYB.. i've never heard of that before but it was my first time so I didn't want to question him. so i just worked out on the machines that day and went home. i picked up a cheap oly barbell off cragslist - my question is where did you guys get your barbell carrying case? i've been looking all over and can't seem to find one

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zUzd9KyIDrM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What

Stole mine from the manlet pit

Made me chuckle

yeah mine does that as well, I just hold the plates in my hands
saves me money for the dispenser in the gym across the road, and I never make the mistake of counting the bar

??
i don't want to scuff it up or have it rust if it's raining.. and wouldn't it look weird if i just walk onto the bus carrying a fucking barbell? i need a case or a bag for it

I use a katana sheath for mine. Don't really go out with my katana anymore so it doesn't really require a sheath and I guess it'll be intimidating when people see me walking around thinking I have the bone katana wolf from monster hunter with me

>riding the bus
>byob
Third world brah?

Yep. Get a stack of four or five plates and you can bench press them.

no normally i would bike to the gym as it's not that far away and it's a good warmup, but i thought it would be hard to bike there carrying a 45lb bar, and i probably wouldn't be able to brake in time

was this guy fucking with me when he said the gym was bring your own barbell?? none of you have ever been to a gym like that? i looked it up online and it seems like it's a thing in some local gyms

Looking for a barbell case as well, some DYEL faggot's falcon flew off with mine.

I'm ready for this wave of memes

wtf? I have my locker (rented for crazy cheap) and just keep it stored in, everyone does

Sounds like England. Make sure you've got your barbell licence, OP.

it's not a fucking meme retard. google it bring your own barbell is a real thing. sorry we dont all workout at planet fitness

get a hard shell. once the inspection guy thought mine was a gun.. got in a lot of trouble needless to say

>inspection guy
memories

They don’t issue those to felons, I can only carry illegally

>barbell carrying case
How do you expect to make any gains when you are worrying about finding a purse? Do you put your bike in a carrying case too?

that would be a long ass gun. what did he think you were carrying an elephant rifle? what a moron
also why is there an inspection guy

penis inspection? duh

no i story my bike indoors. that doesn't apply anyway because i dont do lifts in a gym with my bike

Barbells are also stored indoors, not seeing the issue

so are you suggesting i just carry the barbell without a case?

They usually sell barbell bags next to plate purses in chains like Walmart, but I've been eyeing a friend of mine who's got himself a platepack. Fits up to 180lbs. I'd switch to a gym that has plates if you need more though.

If this is a real fucking thing either switch gyms, or leave a barbell at the gym. You would have to be a certified autist to carry it back and forth

Yes ya doofus

you're just trying to make me look autistic. no one would question someone carrying a long bag, but everyone would look at someone carrying a barbell like he was a fucking creep

i dont know what to believe

just put it between legs and pretend it's nimbus 2000

I got mine specially ordered online. Designer barbell bag by louis vuitton with matching kettlebell clutch for about 1200$ usd.

this is the only serious and logical answer in this thread. i didnt check the lockers when i was there but i will next time to see if they are tall enough to store a barbell standing up end to end

thanks bro

if you have those retarded lockers in your gym where another row of lockers stands on the bottom row so each locker is about one meter high and you cannot even hang your coat there, then just change gym

Should of had the gym blacksmith forge you one instead of buying used sure you save gold but you don't get the custom sheath

You think that's bad try byod, my last gym didn't stock dumbbells which made drop sets a bitch to set up. I remember having to carry each pair individually from my car, all the regulars with custom carry cases treated me like a dyel until I left.

>34 replies and noone posted the song about "bring your own barbell" shit yet
youtube.com/watch?v=zUzd9KyIDrM

> not buying a waterproof barbell

where did you get a waterproof barbell?

Crossfit gyms ONLY have waterproof barbells. Another reason showing why you elitefts fgts are behind the times.

ok but where can i buy a waterproof BB?

surgical stainless steel, expensive af, not worth it

Fucking richfags

Mine is this ratty old piece of shit my uncle gave to me

You ever think about using the gym barbell?

My current gym provides barbells but i used to go to a BYOB.

I just rented one from my local sports shop and carried it in their case.