Beta Carotene

Lets have some supp talk.

Would taking Beta Carotene supplements in the 25k IU range be bad for me on a long-term basis? Several studies have said that it gives you a healthy glow (1.) I want to avoid over accumulation of vitamin a since it's fat soluble.

Cited: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2780675/

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0030452/
youtube.com/watch?v=_3k3yoHxFFc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vitamin A can be toxic. I suggest you don't take supplements unless you have a deficiency.

You can get that glow from sweet potatoes and carrots.

I know u can get it from them, but I dont eat them often enough to get it. I can just take supps.

I have heard people say that beta carotene is just a precursor to vitamin a, therefore you cant overdose on it. Is this true?

Yeah b carotene is safe to take. You can't overdose.

but can I overdose on all the poontang im gonna get with a beautiful orange FACE???

"user ur looking HEALTHY!"

Yeah, vitamin A can be toxic, but he's talking about beta-carotene. You can't actually OD on beta carotene, it'll just literally turn you orange.

LOL

Eat some fucking sweet potatoes then retard.

i like these fourth gen wojacs

I took it for a while and it worked well with astaxanthin (gives you a pinkish coloring).

Do you smoke? If so, it's bad.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0030452/

Just get your betacarotene by eating sweet potatoes and carrots. If you eat 1 sweet potato and a couple of carrots every day you will turn orange.

Is that CHADS secret
Eating carrots and sweet potato everyday

people often use it for preventing sunburn, probably does that by darkening the skin. Dosage for that is 30mg, or 50 000 IU. It only starts to accumulate in tissue and cause change after a few weeks, so I'd recommend doing the 30mg dose for a month, then increasing by 15mg or 25 000 IU every 2 weeks until you get changes

>If you eat 1 sweet potato and a couple of carrots every day you will turn orange.

You would need to eat a lot more than that. Also, eat some purple sweet potatoes for the antioxidant that's found in blueberries, but in a higher concentration.

Purple + Orange sweet potatoes is the GOAT healthiest source of carbs.

>Purple and Orange Sweet Potato Pie

The traditional Okinawan diet is something like 70% purple sweet potatoes. Those fuckers live forever without health issues.

pumpkin is another good veggie for this

pumpkin in a smoothie with vanilla protein powder is fucking choice

it's a lot better than the protection you get from a tan desu

if you eat enough carotenoids you get a skin protective effect equal to spf 4. so basically it's as good for preventing damage as being black, except you won't get shot by the police for being orange

You only need to eat 50,000 iu to get carotenemia. Most people don't consume 50,000 worth consistently, so they don't go orange.

Sweet potatoes where I love tend to be on average 370 g, which is just over 50,000 iu. Add some carrots and it's over 70,000.

If you eat that consistently for a month, you'll get the yellow/orange tint. Your palms will probably go orange too, though.

>antioxidant

You know that's a meme right? People want antioxidants to prevent cancer and free radical damage, but chemicals like BPA are antioxidants and 100% cause breast cancer. If you put breast tissue in it, it will multiply uncontrollably like if you put it in pure estrogen.

Because they get enough salt too.

beta carotene is a water soluba you dummy

vitamin A is fat soluable and beta carotene gets converted into that

sounds like some lookism bullshit

youtube.com/watch?v=_3k3yoHxFFc

>Hello my name is dumdum and I know how chemistry works

It‘s not water soluble.

i've been taking beta carotene (100,000 IU daily) for 2 months now and no change in my skin tone :/

idk wtf im doing wrong. went through 2 bottles of astaxanthin in the past too and nothing.

Steamed carrots with olive oil worked for me.
4 Carrots a day. Took about 3 weeks

>not taking ALPHA carotene
>voluntarily being a beta

4CAD CMON

>not eating betas for breakfast

Such an aesthetic compound

if you are naturally and healthy pale like me eating 1-2 carrots daily does wonders to your skintone.

can totally confirm OP pic.

>user your skin looks so healthy recently been out more in the sun?
>n-no i just eat t-two carrots every day

stay the fukk away from any vitamin jew. just eat your veggies and fruit and stfu