ATG squats vs half squats?

ATG squats vs half squats?
Currently I do ATG squats, but I've seen a lot of people doing half squats.

read the sticky faggot

Top of the upper leg should be parallel with the floor

Lower and your knees are being slammed forward

Higher and you are training a poor ROM

Squat parallel fag

broscience

squat ATG for health and mobility and basically everything dont be a fag

Doing atg while not oly lifting is just a way for gym autists to feel superior to people not doing them.

once you break parallel, it's all gravy. After breaking parallel, you will need to use your glutes and hammies to drive you back out of the hole. This is why half squatting doesn't count.

depends what your goals are, tried atg pause squats to drive up my quad strength but found that going heavier with lowbar to parallel got more work done and carried over to deadlift strength

>he just started lifting

Whatever you're more comfortable doing.

Seconded. I forced myself to squat ATG for a years, and the slight, almost invisible lower spine flexion that occurred at the bottom of each rep resulted in a herniated disc.
As long as you're going below parallel, do whatever feels comfortable—nobody really cares anyway.

Wow op you're so cool and unique and special for doing what other people aren't doing!

Let's totally ignore the fact you squat so ooo low yet look like shit. But it's okay! Your squat is lower than people who look better than you

i can only do half squats or atg, once i get past parallel i just instantly drop down to atg, is that something to be worried about?

if you're dropping too fast it could be very dangerous

>peoples physical appearance is the only thing that matters

Let's totally ignore the fact you're sooooo intelligent yet look like shit. But it's okay! You're more intelligent than people who look better than yo

its a controlled drop and i dont bounce out the bottom, but it is a drop, same with front squats.

you could just do both...

go to parallel or just below for heavy sets, and do your hypertrophy work with deep squats.

Been doing paused ATGs for as long as I've been lifting (~8 months), but I want to start oly as well.

This
Evertime anyone does anything most people don't do it's because they want to feel superior

Both are retarded as fuck

Most people lack the flexibility to go full ATG safely and a lot of it comes down to par position and stance width

Narrow stance high bar squats will allow most to get lower, wider stance lowbar squats usually end a bit bellow parallel, choose your weapon and squat. Don't try and force yourself into bad positions at the expense of safe technique because Muh ass too grass

likewise, once i started going heavier (high 200s), I began pausing by accident as I had lost a lot of bar speed. Loading ur calves, hammies before driving hips with ur glutes at the bottom of the hole is glorious.

Not trolling but the answer is you're weak.

If you dive bomb your squats and use the bounce you don't build strength thoughout the whole lift. Chances are you aren't strong enough to control your max weights through the decline, so you have to drop and use the bounce to get out.

I was in a similar situation even though I was squatting 170kg ATG. I would simply dive bomb and bounce out and it would over time cause lower back flexing and knee pain, not good.

Try doing a few very slow declines with pause at the bottom and fast out the hole at around 50-60% weight. See Klokov squat.

front squats = ATG

low bar squats = parallel

high bar squats = low test beta virgin

half squats - half results

ATG is the only way

Squat a bit below parallel. The final few inches doesn't really yield anything beneficial in terms of strength and hypertrophy gains, but chances are you aren't mobile enough to do it correctly anyhow. Unless you want to Oly lift, I guess.

>he thinks because the IPF sets a minimum standard for squats that this is what everyone should do

what ever your hip mobility allows you fucking retards

enjoy your spine damage chasing dat dere ATG squats, when you arent supposed to do them in nfirst place

i have old lower back problems that linger all the time. since i started squatting again, low weight atg i feel much better than stopping at parallel. go figure

misinformed faggot spewing misinformation. ATG is patrician. Only plebeians lack the mobility to do full range of motion.

This. No point in injuring yourself when you lack the mobility for some incels on Veeky Forums.

This is what scares me. I'm more limber than most but still have tight as fuck hip flexors from being at a desk 8 hours a day. I can easily squat ATG with high bar and front squats but have notable buttwink. Is it worth trying to rehab and fix the problem or should I just throw in the towel and stop squatting ATG all together?