Running is besides sex the best fucking free thing you can do. Jesus christ

Running is besides sex the best fucking free thing you can do. Jesus christ.

Who else here /morningrunner/ ?

Nothing as fucking good as taking a run on a sunday morning, while the city is still asleep, traffic lights still turned off, not a soul outside, just you and the path you're taking. While it's still dark outside. With the wind blowing and a little rain falling just to give you that extra boost.

I fucking love running. It's the best fitness you can do.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgcm5k53ofQ
nutritionfacts.org/topics/osteoarthritis/
halhigdon.com/training/
c25k.com/
ultramarathonrunning.com/training/
strava.com/features
strava.com/clubs/fitizens
helpfulrunner.com/tools/running-training-pace-calculator.php
runnersworld.co.uk/health/the-rw-complete-guide-to-stretching-for-runners
runnersconnect.net/running-injuries/
archive.is/VGoxG
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=93&v=MZWXPrfjkWg
youtube.com/watch?v=e7m205ZIxBE
youtube.com/watch?v=s2AWw9oJi_A
letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=4995196
mensrunninguk.co.uk/top-feature/push-through-the-pain/
runnersworld.com/fun/stop-saying-i-have-ran
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilometre
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

enjoy fuggin ur achilles.

>tfw first not 1 but 2 stress fractures(one in each leg) 1 and a half month ago and a few weeks ago IT band acting up real bad
>tfw miss comfy autumn forest running completely bar the 2 times I did it and could literally barely walk afterwards

fucking fuck

>mfw cardio is so shit that I cant enjoy running
>also bad knees
fuck running

>loves running
>fails at making a /run/ general

oh yeah thats why all professional atheles are in a wheelchair
you should be careful with how you do it
keep practising dude. I smoked for almost 10 years and only do a few miles but it's still great

how are your knees bad?

sorry i didnt use the correct meme phrases when starting the thread

bumpity bump ;d

>how are your knees bad?
i hurt them from years of doing judo, i think the doctor said it was something about the cartilage wearing down

recently started squatting again and it hurts again and sometimes clicks when I bend it. feelsscaryman

Running fucks with my right knee. I wish I could run more.

I have bad knees too. Especially my left and I run every fucking morning. Pussies.

enjoy bone on bone arthritis in your 40s causing substance abuse as a way to self-medicate pain which ends up destroying ur kidney.
pro athletes sprint, not run. what's ur fave part of running and why is it soiling ur pants?

>traffic lights still turned off
Where the fuck do you live?
I've never found anywhere in the world where traffic lights turn off.

Shit like this makes me not want to run for cardio. Biking seems way safer.

Already feelin that arthritis, son. Like every man in my family before me. Fuck am I gonna do about it? I live for that post run high.

Try not having a shit diet? It sounds like your entire family eats like shit.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgcm5k53ofQ

shit's like magic. did it a couple times over the last few weeks and my chronic knee pain is now nearly zero. improved my ankle ROM and stability too.

I seriously changed my eating habits around two years ago and it has had no effect- my knees turned to shit during HS basketball- Can't speak for how shit my family eats, you're probably right.

nutritionfacts.org/topics/osteoarthritis/

Bless up

Netherlands, sometimes happens on places that are quiet in the night

Here they flash orange when it's night (then normal traffic rules apply)

This, what the fuck

run forefoot so your muscles rather than your knees absorb the impacts.

humans are shitty sprinters. the average althete can't even break 25 mph even briefly. we're god kings of endurance running and throwing shit, though. the only animal that comes close in endurance on land is the horse.

How do I run better
I have to take breaks between runs and I’m asthmatic so cardio is kinda difficult

don't run so hard. go easy and stop before you have to. stop while it's still fun.

well your asthma is probably the reason but normally running a bit slower helps

>not running at 8am so you can see and meet cardio bunnies
>thinking muh isolation from society makes me better
>but i run when everyone is still asleep

Fucking autism.
Apart from the autismo, you're on point. Running is pretty god tier, esp fasted cardio

>cardio bunnies

where? outside? not where I live where do you live

What's your opinion on treadmills? I think they fucking suck dick

which 3rd world country do you live in?

Try running near a university campus or in a moderately wealthy area of the suburbs. You know, where there are people who care about their health.

good for warming up, better than pussy crosstrainer

yeah how about I go on a half hour commute so I can do some jogging around students

retard

>fucking up your knees
Nah. I also have horrendous shin splints. Biking is way more comfy. The only problem is it's harder to maintain a high heart rate biking in the wild.

I personally vastly prefer treadmills. I have really bad shin splints that make running on hard ground excruciating, but running on a treadmill is fine. I know some people despise being confined to a treadmill, but if you can hang, treadmills make it much easier to control pace and incline, providing a more consistent workout.

Obviously running outside is more enjoyable fro ma recreational standpoint.

>I've read too much bodybuilding propaganda
>I have weak muscles in my shins

this

i fucking hate those anti-running faggots

>durrr its bad for your legs

fucking weak faggot excuses

>I've only ever been to cities and the USA

>Running is besides sex the best fucking free thing you can do

Ain't that fucking right. I have terrible flat feet tho and I fear that one day it might impede my ability to run.

is there any reality to the barefoot/minimalist running meme?

I think it's just a meme. Most studies found that it increases your risk of injury (even if slowly starting with it like you're supposed to) and doesn't have more benefits than regular running.

Not saying sheos don't matter tho, because "On" shoes are fucking awesome.

just came back from a run.

first one in weeks, after ALOT of smoking / drinking, was not as nice as i had hoped. But im quitting (day 1 huehuehue) and it will get better im sure it will.

Good morning anons

To each their own but man I can't stand the fucking things. I appreciate that they force you to stay on a pace but I'd run outside every time I can

You like that feeling when you get off a treadmill and you feel like you're still moving?

>gone from being sedentary to running 5k+ everyday in three weeks
>making good regular progress till now
>last few runs my calf muscles have been on fire
I have just bought new shoes but I think I might just be overdoing it

How do you feel when running with an empty stomach? I get dizzy if I don't eat a few hours before exercising(lifting, running, hiking); so what's the trick to run without having to eat? I can't wake up at 3 to eat so I can run at 6, that's insanity.

I don't necessary enjoy treadmill running, it's just been the best, most consistent form of cardio for me. Anyways, I find that feeling is only an issue if you go straight from running to getting off, instead of doing a proper cool down cycle. Most treadmills have a cool down program that I force myself to use.

studies found that experienced runners who made an immediate transition tended to get hurt, which is unsurprising unless you're retarded.

How long should Iliotibial Band pain persist after running? If my knee still hurts after a couple days rest does that indicate a more serious knee injury?

I find doing cardio just for the sake of doing cardio is boring as shit.
Doing sports or jiu jitsu or something is fun and challenging, going for a run is trash tier.

what 3rd world country does this

>wasting energy is ok

make sure you rest at least 1 day a week. itll suck but just go for a nice walk.

stretch after a run and later that night, just for a couple minutes

get a massage from Chinese or a physio if u got money.

Low dose deca and hgh if you can afford it my man. Assuming you'd be on a cruise dose of test at least

>tfw one sec above PR on morning run

pretty standard for europe on weekends on non-busy roads, why wait on a red light and burn gas/diesel when there is no one to wait for, ergo flashing orange lights and road signs come into play

I think they're easier to run on, but boring as hell.

Will my endurance increase if I just run more? I used to be pretty good but yesterday I got rekt running 500m

yep, just run. get that couchto5k app

100℅ agree

ITT

Wannabe lifters getting upset.

Happy in my 40s with no bad knees or shins or bones or anything. Happy runner running happily just like OP.

For the haters:
>Training Plans
halhigdon.com/training/
c25k.com/
ultramarathonrunning.com/training/

>Strava
strava.com/features

>Sharing on Strava with the /fitizens/
strava.com/clubs/fitizens

>Pace Calculator
helpfulrunner.com/tools/running-training-pace-calculator.php

>Stretches
runnersworld.co.uk/health/the-rw-complete-guide-to-stretching-for-runners

>running injuries and how to treat them
runnersconnect.net/running-injuries/

>How to Buy the Right Running Shoes
archive.is/VGoxG

>buy good shoes
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=93&v=MZWXPrfjkWg

>running form
youtube.com/watch?v=e7m205ZIxBE

>tense arms and neck
youtube.com/watch?v=s2AWw9oJi_A

>Sprint Training Advice
>A number of current and former professionals and coaches have posted in this thread. Read it thoroughly.
letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=4995196

>pain
mensrunninguk.co.uk/top-feature/push-through-the-pain/

>500m

jesus even when I was smoking and never trained for several years i could do at least 1k

>500m
Are you morbidly obese? If so, you might be better off just walking for 30 minutes.

>biking
>footing
>carring
>weighting
OMG nigga DYEW?!

Seriously nigga. Fucking English. I bet you use the past simple instead of the past participle don't you?

runnersworld.com/fun/stop-saying-i-have-ran

>this rage will power my next 5k. No I don't actually give a shit.

>living in a city
>running on concrete

lmaoing@urlyf

Thanks

Yeah I am pretty unfit right now although it was uphill and I have a ventricular septal defect

>need to disable addblock to read the site
>do so
>so many shit in the screen cant even read the shit article
>when you finally have some text more shit stars flashing in front of the article

>in the city they use concrete paths instead of asphalt

ah ok what shithole are you from then?

>During the last 10K of the marathon, your performance will be limited not solely by your physical ability, but also your tolerance to withstand suffering.
Doesn't sound very reassuring.

when people say 10k do they mean miles or km?

K means Kilometres

why would you want traffic lights at a time when barely anyone is driving or walking

>just started running again
>always hated it because I pushed myself too hard when I started and always puked in the end
>decided to take it easy this time, made a sick synthwave playlist for it as well
>running feels fucking amazing now, I actually enjoy the pain that comes after running for a while
>better sleep, more energy, feel happier
Fuck I love this shit, everyone should do it in addition to weight lifting

I enjoy them. It is easier to keep track on pace, distance and time. Some people say it's boring, but I think it's great as long as I'm listening to some good shit

for some reason my calf muscles get fatigued after like 5 minutes on the treadmill but i can run for an hour straight without one.

>K means Kilometres
K means thousand

this

i finally learned to take it more easily and run a little slower, everything has improved then

i wish I started sooner, i always ran way too fast and then halfway I couldnt go anymore and had to walk like a fag

Oh shit hahahaha

so is couch to 5k like 5000meters?

because it seems weird to use American words but metric system, so I thought it meant 5000 feet

What is the best music to listen while running?

My vote goes for 150bpm hardstyle, it's the perfect rythm to put your feet down to. Also music is euphoric or aggressive which can give you extra boosts.

Yeah Couch To 5K is 5km/5000m. Pretty sure whenever you see k it's just short for km

k means thousand

fucking americans are so retarded

can correct your running form. If you are running barefoot or minimalist you will NOT heel strike for very long.

Yeah, thousand metres. Kilometres.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilometre
>k is occasionally used in some English-speaking countries as an alternative for the word kilometre in colloquial writing and speech.

Since when is sex free?

I remember that magical day still.
It was early night, running for an hour already, through dark, deserted secondary roads.
The rain started pouring. My warm, hot body welcomed it thankfully. As I crossed the road see a bunch of dim pulsating lights covering the asphalt. On every step pulsating to my beat.
The road was covered in fireflies.

A sound in close distance. Fucking BMW driver speeding through at 100kmh almost killing me.

FUCKING HELL MAN

THIS DICK AIN'T FREEEE

runfag here, replaced drugs for long distance running, best decision ever

same

except the long distance part

>sex
>free

>he goes to the hookers

subhumane

Every time after running the place on the picture hurts. What kind of injury is this?

Feels bad man. I love running but I constantly get something injured which sets me back a few weeks. I train lets more than average so running on top of that my joints just can't keep up without getting some kind of -itis

You have to go back to Africa.

wat

>running injury you
In the same fucking way squatting injure you
ONLY if you have shit form and don't let your body recover .

wat

>It's the best fitness you can do
Get a load of this landlubber.

Can't really hear what you're saying over the sound that my perfectly functioning joints DON'T make.

The amount of butthurt heartlet in this thread.
>I don't run because it's bad for the body
Your body was literally shaped by evolution for long distance running .

this

Those quadruple nigger run in a completely fucked up way that only cushioned shoes would allow and they then complain about injury .
Cushion & heel raise literally are the smith machine of running .

Trail running in the local mountains is the tits! I road run a lot but started to trail run to prep for a Ragnar trail run, I think the being around nature stuff, the constant darting and scanning breaks up the monotony of road running.

Also yesterday I was only 12 ft away from running 2000 vertical feet (this was a 7 mile run) your cadio gains grow very fast when you start running steep stuff multiple times a week. Resting heart rate is dancing with the high 40's too!

Man I'm jelly. I live in a super flat place. Every year I vacation to a mountainous area so I can jog the trails each morning.
Perhaps in a different life we could've been running bros.